Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ao no Exorcist Soundtrack

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Ao no Exorcist Soundtrack

Hi there, everyone!

I'm thinking to talk a bit about the anime soundtrack. What do you think of current anime soundtracks, both OP and ED? If you only read the manga and listen to the soundtracks, do you think they match the image of the series? Also what do you think of the singers?

For me, personally, actually the arrangement of the OP and ED is not really my type. I think I like the BGM more than the OP and ED. XD But as I watch more of the episodes, I'm getting used to the soundtracks, and in fact, liking them a bit for their hard and up-beat styles. As for the singers, I'm surprised to find 2PM singing the ED. I was like, what is a Korean boyband doing, singing an ending song of a Japanese anime? But it makes thing even more awesome, I suppose. XD

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Soundtrack

The bittorrent for the OST is out. There is also a DDL in the link as well for those who have trouble with bittorrent.

*start d/ling*

3. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

The current opening is funny and fits the opening sequence but i fell in love with the ending its so relaxing and enjoyable it has quite a nice beat to it ^^ and the guys dancing in it with the posters on the street it was quite creative i was like i love this!

cant wait for the new ones though even if no matter what i end up missing the previous OP and ED usually ><

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought I'd hate the soundtrack, but I found the track A-maimon, and gods I love it. It's like symphonic heavy metal electronica, with the emphasis on the metal. At points it reminds me of Satriani's "The Forgotten". So now I'm obligated to listen to it now...

I'm not fond of Core Pride or Take Off!. They're both too light. I think Take Off! is like a palate cleanser for the episode, which allows me to meditate on it, but I can't help but be slightly annoyed by the lack of relevance to the manga. Core Pride likes to take the stubborn adolescents POV, with lines like "I’m no better than those lifeless adults". Seems so irrelevant and not deep to me.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I really wish I can download the complete soundtracks, but my current internet connection won't allow me. =____=

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    I'm not fond of Core Pride or Take Off!. They're both too light. I think Take Off! is like a palate cleanser for the episode, which allows me to meditate on it, but I can't help but be slightly annoyed by the lack of relevance to the manga. Core Pride likes to take the stubborn adolescents POV, with lines like "I’m no better than those lifeless adults". Seems so irrelevant and not deep to me.
    Hmm, I can understand that idea. The lyrics of Take Off might not match the series too much, but overall I'm pretty fond of the music arrangements. It is surprising for me that a Korean boyband would sing a Japanese song, for an anime, on top of everything. As for Core Pride, somehow I think it reflects Rin a bit. XD He can really be clueless and careless sometimes. And I think the song basically talks about how we must keep on going forward no matter how hard it is. Something for Rin as well.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pumpkin_so77's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah riki thank you for sharing the OST, I love it so much! Can't stop replaying it. I love the song U+Cloud.
    G.//

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You can watch the OP and ED sequences at Random Curiosity now. Hopefully there will be a D/L soon.

I really like the new opening. It was very rockish and the lyrics seems to fit the series quite nicely.

The ED is very... techno. I like the reference that the string of fate link everyone together though.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, "In My World" is definitely better than "Core Pride" for me. The lyrics are a lot stronger and applicable to the manga with the themes of loneliness and abandonment. Though the animation sequence seemed last minute and rough though. Not enough foreshadowing I say, but okay.

The ending was also so much better. I liked the frames of raw sketches of Rin and Yukio, though I didn't like the yaoi-tease shots near the end.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. The OP was very busy and does seem like a rush job in a way.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

The new opening is interesting, in my opinion. "Fuck my destiny" in its lyrics, haha~ It's kinda surprising to me that the lyrics used such 'vulgar' phrases, but I think it matched the image of the series. The ending hasn't made me interested as much as the opening, as the arrangement is kinda weird to me and I can't really connect 'wired life' to the series. But I agree that putting Rin and Yukio together at the ending with their various expressions is a nice idea.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

The new opening fits perfectly and the lyrics are kinda tough and hard which goes with Rins demon side...lol "Fuck my destiny," its true though Rin is going against his demon nature =] and taking his life into his hands so the opening makes more sense than the 1st one xD

The ending i liked the video it was quite nice with the pictures, I think wired life is a metaphor for the connections Rin is making with his friends, Kuro, Shura and especially with Sheimi who feels like she owes him and is always concerned for him and his brother Yukio and also to Shiro and Satan, all these connections both beautiful and dangerous. The struggling against his demon nature and his quest for friendship which he already has but doesnt realise and to become Paladin.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems that the full version of the second soundtrack is out? At least the ending, Wired Life. I haven't really gone to search for the complete In My World. I'll post it here once I found it, but meanwhile enjoy the complete version of Wired Life. Personally I think it's awesome, though I somehow dislike this song before as I thought it doesn't really relate to the plot. Now I know it's awesome. XD

Spoiler show

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner asyla's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Haaaa! The Second AoNoEx OST! Check out the cover!!

Release date: 28th Sept

signature via

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Got the single Wired Life and In My World Album here

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ao No Exorcist OST and openings their really good to say I really enjoy the first opening just simply because its funny along with that the song is great and such its rather light rock yeah maybe but at least it gets happy yet energetic feeling into it.
    Also the soundtrack has many beaitful soundtracks for example U & Cloud it has very epic feeling when you listen to it your self confidence goes up very quickly and you just feel good and nostalgic.
    DEVIL has very dramatic,dark and chaotic feeling into it very scary and it gets your heart pumping up loud
    D+T has energy all around it I enjoy the combination of eletric music and the rock they use in it great for certain type of action seguences
    and the music has very drama,touching and soft music also into perfect for those drama and romance parts of the show so as far as I can say its one of the animes with very good soundtrack

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast