Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How did you pick up AnE?

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

How did you pick up AnE?

Here's a more fun thread

How did you find out about AnE? What made you want to read it? What made you keep reading it and fall in love with it? What are the things you like best about AnE and that you would use to convince a friend to read it?

For myself... I actually don't remember how I found out about AnE I think I read about it somewhere and was vaguely interested but slightly turned off by the cliched-sounding plot. Then I saw some reviews for it and they gave it lots of high praise, and since it was only 16 chapters, I decided to give it a go. I was bored while studying for exams anyway Little did I know that once I started, I wouldn't be able to stop I've already turned my thoughts on AnE and what I like about it into a review that was on an old Featured Manga News Post, so I shall just c&p it here~
    Spoiler show

What about you?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member addenza's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did you pick up AnE?

Let's see... I think I came across it while I was using Onemanga's random manga function last year (or maybe the year before last?). I was trying to pass the time while I waited for DGM to update... And I'd just read 07 Ghost, which is another manga of a similar genre to both DGM and AnE. Since the summary appealed to me, I decided to pick it up and I was so captivated by the manga that when I finished reading the English scans, I read the Chinese scans which were up-to-date.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Someone posted a page from the first chapter in a DGM chapter discussion thread, which caught my interest. I like it so much that I continue reading it. ^^

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Razeus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I watched the thread before it was featured and I thought I give it a whirl and I'm glad I did so I want to pick up the offical releases.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member MSofAofCOCA's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually got AOnE somehow confused with Zombie Loan when talking to a friend, and ended up starting to read both >.>'' (though i kinda dropped ZL...)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Mango-chan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I caught the pilot episode of the anime on crunchyroll, saw a lot of potential and accidentally marathon'd the manga.

Auto-correct is a double edged sword.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw that there was a new sub forum and so i saw the manga . Its ok in my books but its just that the protagonist seems to show off his blue flames w/o too much of a hesitation . I mean he doesn't think and then pays the price for it ............ badly

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

My friend was like 'Watch it *xbillion* its really cool' and stuff and she explained it to me briefly i got sick and decided i had nothing better to do and now its in my top favourites xD Since i pretty much read the manga now im off to check the anime out ^^

Negative Syndicate

I just read from raw of chapter 1 when it was released. I read all of WSJ and JSQ series (except short page series) and I follow new series from chapter 1, even if it is not very good.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

It's quite a shame but I have absolutely no remembrance why I started it. I remember I learn only the chapter 1 and did not continue for some other unknown reason, then I give it another try and didn't stop since.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually for the exact same reason as riki. While waiting for DGM to come back from hiatus, someone in the D. Gray-man subforum mentioned another manga had copied the Millennium Earl's outfit, and linked a page of Mephisto from the first chapter. I was very amused by the idea of a character named Mephisto Pheles, and skimmed through the next few pages and found it interesting, so I decided to read it.

First it really made me nervous with the main antagonist being Satan. Was afraid the manga was some religious nonsense, but the high school antics turned out to balance it. I found it fresh, a huge contrast from DGM, which has been slow-cooking it's plot from the beginning.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Now 20% Cooler 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sahugani's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can thank Sai_the_Shaman for this. He had been working on this a bit with JAC and was enthusiastic about it. He told me to read it, I did and was immediately thankful that I listened

Damn straight...The Sai has good tastes XD =Sai
    Last edited by Sai_the_Shaman; May 12, 2011 at 12:09 AM.

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

It had been released in Jump SQ and I read the chapter there XD I've been very supportive of this Manga since the beginning.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wulfy's Avatar
    Country
    Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

i started to read it since it has only 2 chapters O .o (i read the chinese ver., not english ones)
    and since i am in love with plots that involves a character with 2 different identity (in this case, a human with saten blood)
    and i love da art X3
    and i love shounen~ (n this is actually da first monthly shounen manga iv ever read O .o)
    and it reminds me of d-grey man (which i also love)

how ill make my friends read it?
    uhh.....

shove it at their face n force them to read it - _-
    You would notice this notice that this notice isn't worth noticing....really.....
    draw with me here
    (is on a short break from school.....)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh, I actually found it via that "Featured Manga" post. The description intrigued me, so I gave it ago. And actually, that description pretty much sums up my thoughts. XD I like the action, story, comedy, drama, all that general stuff. I also really like the art style and that's partially what kept me reading.

Funny, I just read D.Gray-man, and now that it's mentioned Mephisto does look like the earl clothes-wise...

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast