Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Ao No Exorcist Romance thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

The Ao No Exorcist Romance thread

There is nothing on romance yet for this manga so i made this thread.

I'm rooting for RinxSheimi they're the most obvious in this manga which is nice for a shonen, not to sappy but nice adorable moments there and here. And they're just too cute! xD I'm sold on those two!
    Is it me or both brothers seem to like the girl? it could turn into a love triangle but its a shonen so it would be a really simple one i guess

another cool pairing is Yukio and Shura but i think she's too old for him, not that that will stop anything though how is that saying love is blind? ageless lol

Edit; tell us your opinions on pairings and what pairings you would like to see? ^^

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ao No Exorcist Romance thread

Shiemi has a crush on Yukio, Yukio has a crush on Shiemi, and Rin has a crush on Shiemi. Shiemi seems to view Rin as a very close friend. I'm betting Kazue's trying to subvert the whole "crush on each other since childhood", and going for Rin and Shiemi. Unfortunately, the fandom will chew on this angrily, since Shiemi has a big hatedom and, pardon my rudeness but I have no other way to say it, cockblocks assorted other pairings.

Analyzing the canon, I'd say RinxShiemi is the likely endgame. Yukio is married to his work right now. Shura might have boyfriend (I'd be surprised if she didn't). Koneko seems like the archtype of a celibate monk. Kamiki might have a possibility with Bon or Shima, or even Rin, but I don't think she wants to be interested.

What I like? RinxShiemi and YukioxShiemi when adorable. I also have a guilty pleasure for BonxRin. I don't get why, I just like it.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    Shiemi has a crush on Yukio, Yukio has a crush on Shiemi, and Rin has a crush on Shiemi. Shiemi seems to view Rin as a very close friend. I'm betting Kazue's trying to subvert the whole "crush on each other since childhood", and going for Rin and Shiemi. Unfortunately, the fandom will chew on this angrily, since Shiemi has a big hatedom and, pardon my rudeness but I have no other way to say it, cockblocks assorted other pairings.

Analyzing the canon, I'd say RinxShiemi is the likely endgame. Yukio is married to his work right now. Shura might have boyfriend (I'd be surprised if she didn't). Koneko seems like the archtype of a celibate monk. Kamiki might have a possibility with Bon or Shima, or even Rin, but I don't think she wants to be interested.

What I like? RinxShiemi and YukioxShiemi when adorable. I also have a guilty pleasure for BonxRin. I don't get why, I just like it.
    LMAO your french has been pardoned xD
    Hatedom for Sheimi? lol I'm surprised i actually like the girl she's funny and nice dont see why the character is hated after all she has quite humane and "normal" problems maybe its that :/

Kamiki and Bon do have a love-HATE relationship with the love totally on the down side id say they look good together but i like bickering couples usually theyre the most hilarious xD

SheimixYukioxRin yep its obvious but Sheimi seems to be getting closer to Rin and obviously Kamiki noticed only not even Shiemi herself did, Lol even Shura noticed, i just hope she gets over her fear of being useless and goes talk to him, poor Rin thinks she fears him while she's just thinking she's useless and blablabla

Shonen tend to be pretty easy to read so canon does point to sheimi and Rin ending together (yay) poor yukio but yeah he's such a workaholic ><

BonxRin never thought about it, but oh well we all have our guilty pleasures as you put it ^^

I actually like BonxKamiki, RinxSheimi (im sold here) till now. Maybe ShuraxYukio but she might have a bf *shrugs* who knows

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Razeus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One couple I wuold like to see even though it might not happen is ShuraXRyuji I know it sounds weird ,but Shura will add some much needed fun into his life you know?

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Nobody ships Shima/Kamiki? C'mon, they're so adorable and funny!

Rin/Shiemi is my choice, since it's canon (IMO). I love these two, shy and confused and still so obvious with their feelings. Especially Rin is so sweet when he's watching Shiemi.

Yukio may be with Shura. She's much too old for him, but he's very mature and they seem to be good friends.

Rin/Bon - it's my guilty pleasure too

Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    Nobody ships Shima/Kamiki? C'mon, they're so adorable and funny!

Rin/Shiemi is my choice, since it's canon (IMO). I love these two, shy and confused and still so obvious with their feelings. Especially Rin is so sweet when he's watching Shiemi.

Yukio may be with Shura. She's much too old for him, but he's very mature and they seem to be good friends.

Rin/Bon - it's my guilty pleasure too
    Shima/Kamiki is my second like after Kamiki/Bon!

Rim/Sheimi is my fave and by far most obvious to happen its soo canon (IMO too). Sheimi though seems confused on her feelings Kamiki might have to give her a little push or Shura (this would be so hilarious since the woman has no tact whatsoever xD) she did notice, she might act, but will she act for them or against :/ - she might say hey he's a demon he could hurt you! lol only to get the opp effect from Sheimi you know danger attracts some girls...-

Shura/Yukio its the age that stops me from fawning over this couple, they may have a sibling relationship though, i dont mind haha

No one for our poor cat-boy :S

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member BleachOD's Avatar
    Kneeling @ My Ichigo Shrine, Thanking My Lucky Stars For The Day I Met Ichigo
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Rin/Shiemi is paring that I feel absolutely nothing for. Reason being, I don't particularly care for Shiemi. I don't hate her, I just don't feel anything for her, not even hate. She's just there--there isn't anything that I find endearing about her. The anime Sheimi is better than her manga counterpart, but the anime hasn't managed to make me feel anything for her at all...so I don't care if they get together or not

Shura/Yukio --now that's the pairing that I am really diggin. They have lot of chemistry and I love the teasing and bickering. Shura's older than Yukio but in about 5 years, the age difference won't matter at all..

I do like Rin/Kamiki as a pet crack ship...

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Heh, the romance is kinda dull this far at the anime. XD
    It's obvious that the two guys have interest in Shiemi, but Shiemi sees her Yuki-chan as someone she adores, a teacher; while she thinks of Rin as someone fun to be with, a friend. So far I'm not really fond of either pairing or other pairings yet, haha~

May I say Rin x Yukio then? XD :P *fails*

Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    May I say Rin x Yukio then? XD :P *fails*
    Please, no, this sentence is dangerous! waaaaaaay to dangerous
    Still in the manga there are more hints, in the anime it only just began so =D

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is it dangerous? XD I like this pairing so much, although not in a romantic way, LOL~

I see. It's true that the anime has just started and there's still a long way to go, so I'm looking forward for more. I actually am looking for a kind of cold girl to put together with Rin; I think it would suit him best, while Shiemi goes with Yukio. XD

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shura's relationship with Yukio is fascinating, but I don't think it will be romantic since Shura and Yukio have commentaries on each other that they never listen too. Shura thinks Yukio's too rigid and narrow, Yukio thinks Shura's too unfocused. They refuse to compromise, and have for several years, so I think that they are the closest they'll ever be.

As for Rin and Kamiki, I'd much rather see their funny friendship rather than a romantic relationship. Not every manga has to have the dominant male-female relationship as romantic. I also can't see Kamiki learning to compromise in the lifetime of this series, so probably when she does fall in love, she'll be a much different person.

I'm fond of Kamiki and Bon though, since they started out as enemies and it would be amusing if they ended up really close friends/married (since they bicker like an old married couple).

Shima seems to have a crush on Kamiki only (still fun to read ShimaxKamiki fics though because they're friggin hilarious.)

Shiemi has a crush on Yukio and vice versa, but I don't think it'd work out. Seems shallow on both ends. Rin kinda likes Shiemi and is embarrassed slightly, and Shiemi no questions asked likes Rin (since he helped her out.) She sees Rin as a colleague and good friend, one who she vows to catch up to. She sees Yukio as the paragon of virtue, which will have to fall apart some time.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    She sees Yukio as the paragon of virtue, which will have to fall apart some time.
    ...and she'll understand and accept his insecurities and flaws, I am sure of it. It's a good way to start a romantic relationship actually.

Still, I ship Rin/Shiemi. They remind me of Night and the flower girl from Kazue's one-shot: rough but goodhearted demon and his ethereal maiden. The maiden didn't have much to do in Rin's adventures, but I believe in Kazue and enjoy the magical tension between the two characters.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Incredible the number of fangirls this manga has!!!! Both Yukio and Rin love shiemi (I don't really understand the reason though), but Rin always wins.... Yukio is some kind of Allan Harper, a poor bastard everybody likes....

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really think Rin always wins, but being the protagonist, well, what can you do? XD

At any rate, I don't think Shiemi's tendency can be determined this soon. It looks like she enjoys being around both of them as friends, or more like, senpai, who teach her how to socialize and to be exorcist. It's interesting to see to which way Shiemi would turn to.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner pumpkin_so77's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha I'm being biased towards Rin X Yukio. They look so cute together and well matched. They balance each other's qualities.
    Oh and also Rin x Shima. They are also another cute couple. XD (sorry for my yaoi fangirl-ness).
    G.//

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast