Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Ao No Exorcist Romance thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Ao No Exorcist Romance thread

That is disgusting! Yaoi and incest together... I can't think anything worse!

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Brotherly love (not in physical way though) always warm my heart That's why I liked Fullmetal Alchemist so much, Heroes (Petrellis) and Arago Never seen Supernatural though (and don't intend to).

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep I love the interactions between the brothers (in a non yaoi way) and right now I'm sold on RinxSheimi xD after seeing those spoilers =3

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MyuuMyuu's Avatar
    Country
    Denmark
    Post Thanks / Like

i have been a fan of shiemi and rin since the very first time rin saw shiemi in the garden. however, Shiemi has a crush on Yukio and Yukio has a crush on Shiemi, and even if Rin has a crush on Shiemi too, as soon as he realize his brother is serious about her, he will give up on her immediately. after all i believe Rin loves yukio (as a brother) more than anything else, so he would give up this girl just for yukio to be happy ..

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To me it seems like what Shiemi has is not a real crush (so I see it from the anime only; I didn't read the manga). What she has towards Yukio is respect and awe, while what she has towards Rin is more like a feeling of having a brother, or friendship... Yukio looks like he has something special towards Shiemi, while Rin seems to react the same way towards all women. XD

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    What she has towards Yukio is respect and awe, while what she has towards Rin is more like a feeling of having a brother, or friendship...
    Agreed!
    Yukio looks like he has something special towards Shiemi, while Rin seems to react the same way towards all women. XD
    Disagreed. I think Yukio behaves like an older brother or sensei towards Shiemi. He would do that to every one of his students, but Shiemi needs more care. And Rin, even though in the anime filler he was behaving like he wanted nothing but to be surrounded by pretty girls, he's actually nothing like that. Shiemi is the only girl he ever though about and because he's always been an outsider, he doesn't really know what to do with the feelings he's having for her.

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    Disagreed. I think Yukio behaves like an older brother or sensei towards Shiemi. He would do that to every one of his students, but Shiemi needs more care. And Rin, even though in the anime filler he was behaving like he wanted nothing but to be surrounded by pretty girls, he's actually nothing like that. Shiemi is the only girl he ever though about and because he's always been an outsider, he doesn't really know what to do with the feelings he's having for her.
    I can understand it from that point of view, considering who Yukio is. But somehow the way he blushed around Shiemi on the episode where we met Shiemi for the first time felt a bit different to me. As about Rin, that is usually one of problems of the main character on many stories. I agree on that one, though, that he would definitely find someone special to him. I'm just not really sure that it's gonna be Shiemi yet, as there are still more stories and episodes to come.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member fanatik's Avatar
    Country
    United Nations
    Post Thanks / Like

Shiemi is the Sakura of Ao no Exorcist. That says it all. Although I, for one, don't hate either of them, I admit they can be quite annoying and I understand when people think they are, uh, unpleasant.

If anything, then Rin/Kamiki. That has a potential to be quite entertaining.
    Guilty pleasures... hm, I have one such pairing (seems like a lot of ppl do, huh), but I refrain from stating it x)

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

For someone who read only two chapters of Naruto - could you explain why do you think Shiemi is like Sakura, please? I'm a bit interested in Naruto pairings too, but not interested enough to read the manga for that

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner asyla's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    For someone who read only two chapters of Naruto - could you explain why do you think Shiemi is like Sakura, please? I'm a bit interested in Naruto pairings too, but not interested enough to read the manga for that
    I think what fanatik meant is that they're both seem to be weak, useless & a hindrance in a real battle.
    (but I could be wrong! Sorry if I misinterpreted what you mean fanatik!)

I disagree though, in Naruto, Sakura grows up to be physically strong & more than capable in battles. But she's still emotionally dumb, insensitive & immature though.(even after 3 years of growth!)

Shiemi is still weak, but I think she is maturing excellently. Sure she cries a lot, but she identifies her weaknesses, is sensitive to the needs of others, acknowledges her mistakes & strives to be a better person.

I don't really mind that Shiemi is weak. I don't really like the fact that Kazue made her that way just so Shiemi can fulfill the cliched role of the weak damsel in distress in the beginning but in recent chapters I like the way that Shiemi is developing. Not everyone can be strong but everyone can strive to be the best version of themselves.(and Sakura just fails at this IMO).

Just like Rin says, it's better to have a variety of people in the world, you know?

Yeah, I have a soft spot for Shiemi. She just reminds me so much of Hachi from NANA. In the beginning I was ready to hate the type of character that they're playing, but I soon realize that they both are making mistakes, learning from those mistakes & striving to be better.
    Last edited by asyla; August 21, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

signature via

12. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing's been happening lately, has it? I mean since Shiemi drag Rin out of his prison with a hug. Anime doesn't count, especially since all characters went psychopath.
    Anya83 on MangaFox

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In manga? Nope, nothing. Just bromance being threatened by the evil forces of disappointment and fear. I love Toudou since he's so fun to write, but nope, no romance for him (it would be seriously icky too, considering that old man's manipulations.)

In anime? They are pushing the Rin/Shiemi to disgustingly bad levels. Shiemi, Rin freaking kicked you away! Why are you still okay with him?! Also, the whole "isn't this wrong" just fell flat - as exorcists, your jobs include exorcising malignant demons. Do the math, Shiemi. You're not that stupid. Kamiki is really after chasing Rin, even though that was something that she refused to do when Amaimon attacked them since she "couldn't die there".
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, I forgot bromance (damn you Toudou). There was some Rin/Bon, although not much either. Toudou is emitting pedo vibes.
    Man, I miss long heated shipping debates...
    Anya83 on MangaFox

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Im just going to remember Rin/Sheimi in the manga and ignore completely the mess theyre doing in the anime ...

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can understand it from that point of view, considering who Yukio is. But somehow the way he blushed around Shiemi on the episode where we met Shiemi for the first time felt a bit different to me. As about Rin, that is usually one of problems of the main character on many stories. I agree on that one, though, that he would definitely find someone special to him. I'm just not really sure that it's gonna be Shiemi yet, as there are still more stories and episodes to come.
    well don't use the anime as an example, they ruined quite a few things :/
    I'm definitely in for Shiemi x Rin, looks like they feel a lot for each other. It may not be love right now but it it seems very likely that they will get to this point sooner or later

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast