Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Byakuya with ease

0 0%
  • Byakuya with difficulty

8 19.51%
  • Shunsui with ease

18 43.90%
  • Shunsui with difficulty

14 34.15%
  • Draw

1 2.44%
New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Byakuya vs Shunsui

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Byakuya vs Shunsui

If Starrk actually tried, he would have walked all over Shunsui, so he must have been taking it easy? lol I think Shunsui is a bit underestimated here but it's hard to argue on such subjective basis, so I'll leave it at that.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

who ever said stark would have walked all over shunsui? It's the fact that stark did not even attempt to chase shunsui seriously implies that he was not being serious. It has nothing to do with shunsui being underestimated.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cloudo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why chase him when he had Shunsui on the run from cero? That doesn't make much sense to do. Neither was 'serious', if you want to get technical. Starrk was hiding his wolves and Shunsui called him out on it. Starrk was hiding his abilities and Shunsui wasn't even using two of his- IN SHIKAI! Starrk was trying to get Shunsui to go bankai, how is that not giving effort? WW came in then the tables turned. Starrk got a shot... Shunsui came back with his own. This has little to do against Byakuya though, so why the discussion? I'd say he has enough to do just fine against Byakuya and his petals.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya's Senkei and Cicada would be too much for Shunsui even with Irooni.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; May 16, 2011 at 02:05 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You can only cut a COLOR YOU CALL OUT. Where did you miss that rule? 100 or 1000 swords make no difference if you can't even affect him.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shunsui with shikai could win this but it definitely won't be easy. Byakuya has just about the right tools and neccessary abilities to compete with Shunsui, and not only him but, other higher tiers as well. I just think Shunsui's overall experience gives him the edge in this match. Byakuya's calm demeanor could fustrate Shunsui somewhat, not to the extent to have him worried though. Both are highly skilled, and both are proficient in Shunpo, Hoho, Kido and such areas. "I personally believe Byakuya is faster".

As far as zanpakuto abilities go, Shunsui's are hax. Byakuya's are versatile. I don't see games like Takeoni and Bushogoma working on Byakuya, at all, but Irooni and Kageoni will prove worthy. Definitely Kageoni. Not so much of Irooni though, in ways it can help him, but this could also be the demise of Shunsui most likely. Imo Irooni comes down to greater tactics and swordskills /Zanjutsu.

That's what's going to determine this match imo.
    Last edited by Crystal Black; May 16, 2011 at 02:47 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya doesn't know the rules of the games so saying it'll come to swordsmanship in irooni is a moot point. It's not down to swordsmanship but whoever calls the right color at the right time. Seeing as how Shunsui goes first, it should be over in the first swing.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, you seem to think Irooni restricts defense and solely relies on color calling and durability, lol. I don't think that's the case. Unless you could provide some panels of such. Byakuya could and should react accordingly. Byakuya's aslo perceptive and observant of his opponent if you think Byakuya won't notice Shunsui calling out a color in mid battle (wierd) in Byakuya's case then your mistaking.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    ~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HaouLelouch View Post
    who ever said stark would have walked all over shunsui?
    ShootToKill said "I maintain that Starrk was much faster than Shunsui, but his heart wasn't in the fight" which implied Starrk would have walked over Shunsui if he was serious. I don't want to put words in ShootToKill's mouth, so if I misunderstood him, he can post a reply.

I disagreed with the idea that Shunsui was doing his best to survive against Starrk who was taking it easy, this is why I said "they were both serious." In response, you said "I doubt stark was more serious than shunsui or vice versa" which was basically equal to saying "they're both serious" in the context of the discussion.

Since you say "I think all we can conclude is at that level of seriousness (not very high) they were both on par", it seems you agree that Starrk (sealed) is on par with Shunsui (sealed) which is my main point.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Black View Post
    Hmm, you seem to think Irooni restricts defense and solely relies on color calling and durability, lol. I don't think that's the case. Unless you could provide some panels of such. Byakuya could and should react accordingly. Byakuya's aslo perceptive and observant of his opponent if you think Byakuya won't notice Shunsui calling out a color in mid battle (wierd) in Byakuya's case then your mistaking.
    You're not making any sense. In irooni you can cut all you want but unless you call a color nothing will happen. You miss that? Shunsui doesn't have to give the rules if he wants to end it in one shot. Just like his fight with Starrk, he threw his robe in his face which gave him the distraction attribute added to the amount of BLACK he wore. Much the same could happen to Byakuya.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cloudo View Post
    You're not making any sense. In irooni you can cut all you want but unless you call a color nothing will happen. You miss that? Shunsui doesn't have to give the rules if he wants to end it in one shot. Just like his fight with Starrk, he threw his robe in his face which gave him the distraction attribute added to the amount of BLACK he wore. Much the same could happen to Byakuya.
    I've already addressed this in another topic, but since you don't appear to have read it, I'll quote it here.

Gin CAN'T HIT someone in Irooni without calling a color. So how is he going to win? he'll get one shot by Shunsui calling WHITE- which is the ONLY color 'late Gin' wore.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill
    As a matter of fact, you're completely wrong. Once a color is called, both combatants are able to attack one another - if this wasn't the case, then why would Shunsui say this? I mean, the game is based on two premises. One is that the color called is the only color which can be hit in order for any damage to be caused. The second is that the more of a particular color is covering a character's body, the greater danger his opponent is in. This would make no sense whatsoever if the only person capable of attacking was the person who called the color, it would completely contradict what Shunsui says in the link, since the attacker would be in no danger.
    Last edited by ShootToKill; May 16, 2011 at 04:43 PM.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I understand that and this could very well be true, my point is, Byakuya's very observant and analytic, you think he won't notice Shunsui talking or even whispering colors to himself. This could very well give Byakuya hints to his situation. But none the less no knowlege gives Shunsui the advantage. And if he knows what's best for him, he will keep that particular ability a secret.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're both ignoring the facts, Shunsui doesn't have to give the rules. Where in the world did any of you think about that? You didn't. You're ignoring facts like how he told Starrk he planned on giving him hints. All that the statement is saying is that heres something to give you a chance, and the statement you're talking about is you can cut a color I call. There was nothing stated that he would be able to. Starrk couldn't cut 'black' before Shunsui killed him, Shunsui was too fast or too cunning. The same scenario plays out here.

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to ask do people think the person calling the colour is turn based?

As in player1 calls a colour and both are able to damage the other with that colour BUT the next colour must be called by player2?

Also that the new colour cannot be called untill someone takes damage with the current colour?
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CeroOskuraz View Post
    Anyways, Irooni's potential self-hazard is offset with Shunsui's knowledge of it. Specifically, he'll call out an irrelevant color; beige, for example, to tank Byakuya's every attack, and once he gets close, goes lethal, with black, or white, for example.

You guys are overestimating the degree to which Byakuya can play Shunsui's games, assuming that Shunsui will even need to release his Shikai
    Err, here. Byakuya starts off with no knowledge right? Shunsui literally gave him two handicaps. He could have chopped off Stark's arm but instead gave him a hint, and gave him direct instructions while Shunsui stood around doing nothing.

It's highly unlikely he'll do that against form 1 SBK.

New Reply
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast