Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Byakuya with ease

0 0%
  • Byakuya with difficulty

8 19.51%
  • Shunsui with ease

18 43.90%
  • Shunsui with difficulty

14 34.15%
  • Draw

1 2.44%
New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Byakuya vs Shunsui

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya vs Shunsui

No, I'm not trolling Shunsui

I'm seriously inclined to believe that this would be a close fight. Why you ask?

2 reasons:

1) Byakuya has Bankai, Shunsui doesn't.
    2) Most people can agree on Shunsui's greatest weapon being Iraoni. Well, Byakuya has a Bankai which consists of thousands of blades which can attack simultaneously from any conceivable angle. While they would do minimal damage if only a few were to hit Shunsui in general, Iraoni would produce entirely different circumstances. If Shunsui calls a color which could be dangerous to Byakuya, he must have a large amount of it on his own body, and the chances of him getting hit by at least a few of Senbonzakura Kageyoshi's petals is much higher than him landing a hit on Byakuya. This would deal a ridiculous amount of damage to Shunsui, as I believe that the initial power behind the attack is made irrelevant by Iraoni.

Therefore, were Shunsui to use Iraoni against Byakuya, I believe he would soon regret it. Since Shunsui seems to know what he's doing however, the more likely scenario is, then, for Shunsui not to use Iraoni throughout the match, in which case he is deprived on his greatest weapon, whereas Byakuya has a ranged Bankai at his disposal. This will certainly level the playing field imo.

Anyway, I'm sure that Shunsui fans will not agree with a word I've said but it should be an interesting fight nonetheless.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Byakuya vs Shunsui

A battle with prior knowledge of each other's abilities or none?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cracker View Post
    A battle with prior knowledge of each other's abilities or none?
    Let's say Shunsui knows Byakuya's Shikai but not his Bankai, and Byakuya doesn't know Shunsui's Shikai.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kamakazi_1996's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

i would put shunsui as the winner of this match not because im his fan or anything but more because i think he could take this, shunsui has already taken on a ranged fighter and 1 more lethal than byakuya, primera stark, and shunsui won that battle when he stopped fooling around.

however i would say that battle with stark wasn't fair because of all the interferences (vizards, ukitake and losing his guns wolves along with lilynette) and you could argue against that but i still say he could win but with difficulty
    "This is a weird feeling... You, who once asked me why I distanced myself from you, have now gone and distanced yourself from me. Should I do the questioning this time? Just now, why did you distance yourself from me?" -ichigo kurosaki

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

WW interfered in Starrk's favor if you ask me. Juushiro stood there and sent back cero in 2 instances. That's not much help. Cero already hit Shunsui and did nothing, you saw his left arm 'smoking' from a hit. Anyway he's faster than Ichigo, so he should be able to stay clear of the petals. Then they create massive shadows for kageoni, and Byakuya has no knowledge of how it or irooni work.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if hitting the colour alone sufficed why didn't stark try to use his wolves or ceros? Kubo made it look like only normal sword slashes apply and everything else is nullified by shunsui's reiatsu. Therefore byakuya's bankai is good as sealed during irooni and shunsui stomps if he lasts long enough to use irooni, which I can see happening if he stalls byakuya by going a bit easy on him(not try to get him to release bankai like he tried to lure stark to release) and going by byakuya's pride I doubt he will be releasing bankai first if shunsui is not overpowering him.
    Last edited by HaouLelouch; May 11, 2011 at 03:24 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I say Byakuya. He's shown to be quick and versatile with decent master over kidou. While his shikai sucks, his bankai compensates for this by...well, not sucking. Since Shunsui is limited to his shikai (which by no means is perfect but still world's better than Byakuya's) I'm afraid he's at a disadvantage here. Byakuya's bankai makes him a rather troublesome opponent for Shunsui. All of the petals are essentially microscopic blades, so he auto-wins the color game. Millions of blades -> two swords.

Taka oni is also nullified since Byakuya can simply protect himself from above by either blocking with a wall of senbonzakura or sending some to divert Shunsui's path. Likewise bushogoma will easily be blocked by senbonzakura. Kage oni requires Shunsui to get near Shunsui and step on Byakuya's shadow; also not an easy task when the dude has himself surrounded by the blades.

Sorry but Shunsui is not going to defeat one of his fellow captains when he's limited to his shikai.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Shuns defeated the primera Espada with 2 slashes from his Shikai, who is more powerful than several of his fellow captains combined.

Swordsmanship: shunsui
    Speed: most likely equal
    Endurance: Shunsui
    Intelligence: Shunsui
    Attack power: Shunsui
    Defence: Byakuya

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Calisto's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only is Byakuya fighting Shunsui, but Byakuya doesn't even have any knowledge on Shunsui's shikai abilities at all?

Byakuya loses.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Byakuya wins. Like Shinji, Byakuya has one of those abilities that turns Shunsui's high risk high reward game into nothing more than a suicide attempt. We saw how a cut in the arm from Shunsui's massive blade becomes nothing more than a paper cut when it's a safe color. If he calls a risky color, he's not only faced with Byakuya, but a million blades that have the potential to damn near one shot him.

So Shunsui's only chance is to be sealed, or to use Shikai just for the sake of bigger swords. And really now, there's no way he's taking a captain with great kido proficiency, a Bankai, and a speed that is probably equal or greater to his just by dual wielding swords.

12. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Some of you guys act like Shunsui is going to tell Byakuya the rules of Irooni beforehand. It's not gonna happen. Neither Shikai nor base Byakuya is beating base Shunsui, so we skip straight to Bankai...

And we see the first form. This

Shunsui isn't going to be suicidal and try to play Byakuya's games. I'm sure he's got better base stats than Bankai Ichigo, so this happens, with more ease.

One of two scenarios occurs really. Shunsui knows:

1) He can win in a straight fight. in that case, he wins
    2) He can't win in a straight fight, so he doesn't give Byakuya knowledge of any of his games. Like what happened here, essentially. Strike first, talk later.

Byakuya won't have time to find out, because if Shunsui's no nonsense (2nd scenario), he is basically going to one-shot anyone with Irooni, strike, or at least seriously injure them. (Replace Irooni grey with a more lethal color)

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nah... Shunsui's arm movement's won't be as fast as SS Bankai Ichigo's. Ichigo in SS was a level above any other Ichigo in the manga until he faced Ulquiorra, and his Bankai is all about speed. I seriously doubt that Shunsui's speed of movement is equal to that of Bankai Ichigo when he was actually fighting at his full potential. Shunsui has displayed impressive flash steps, but his reactions and arm movement speed are a different thing entirely. He won't be deflecting every petal of SKY.

As for the rules of Iraoni, Byakuya won't need to know them - he'll attempt to attack Shunsui in as many directions as possible with SKY, and if the color Shunsui calls is of any danger to Byakuya, it means that Shunsui must have a large amount of it on his body, so it's likely that SKY will get multiple hits.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

IMHO Shunsui wins. Starrk was much faster than Ichigo and Shunsui had been keeping up with Starrk, which means Shunsui is also much faster than Ichigo. Therefore IMHO the petals won't be reaching Shunsui because Shunsui is fast enough to dodge them.

Shunsui's Kageoni is hax and I don't think Byakuya will be able to dodge the attack if he has no prior knowledge of his shadow stabbing him. lol If Shunsui does what he did to Starrk, I don't see Byakuya surviving. Shunsui will be basically immune to Byakuya's petals as long as he has his haori on him and then it will be game over.

Shunsui is too fast, too hax for Byakuya and IMHO he wins with relative difficulty.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cloudo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Irooni is a potential one shot. Byakuya also creates large shadows with SBK- not good for him, perfect for kageoni, I believe that the shadow will at some point be joined from SBK to Byakuya. Like the ice and Aizen. Shunsui takes this one.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What, Shoot To Kill, I just got done with an elaborate proof showing that the Ichigo that fought Byakuya had essentially the same raw power source as the Ichigo that fought Grimmjow (Visored Ichigo = Bankai Ichigo)

I don't think there's any way to suggest that Ichigo is stronger than base Shunsui without drawing yourself into circular reasoning, e.g. basing your premise on your conclusion, which is faulty.

---------

Anyways, Irooni's potential self-hazard is offset with Shunsui's knowledge of it. Specifically, he'll call out an irrelevant color; beige, for example, to tank Byakuya's every attack, and once he gets close, goes lethal, with black, or white, for example.

You guys are overestimating the degree to which Byakuya can play Shunsui's games, assuming that Shunsui will even need to release his Shikai
    Last edited by CeroOskuraz; May 12, 2011 at 09:39 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast