Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Aegon-rokudo's thread

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member aegon-rokudo's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aegon-rokudo's thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rinneganp View Post
    hi, aegon-rokudo,
    I just wanted to ask, what's your fav all time manga? ^_^
    If it was still regurarly published I would say berserk.

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aegon-rokudo View Post
    If it was still regurarly published I would say berserk.
    what if it was from ur current projectz?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a question: how long does it take you to translate 1 chaptar of Naruto now compared to when you first started?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EvilCandy View Post
    Just a question: how long does it take you to translate 1 chaptar of Naruto now compared to when you first started?

LOL,

When I first started I transcripted the japanese text in the bubbles in latin characters and put under that transcription the translation in english. That took a crapload of time. After that I started to just put the translated text in english in my word file. After 3 months that I started translating like that (10 months since I started studing japanese) I was around 300 words per hour. Now with naruto I rarelly go down the 800 words per hour and if the chapter is particularly easy I can even arrive to 1000, but it is really rare for a naruto chapter to exceed the 1000 words.

Ah, I'm just talking about the first draft of the translation, after that I re-read the text twice and at that time it took at least half an hour for a 800 words long chapter.

Also consider that English is not my primary language, so it can happen that I lose time searching for the right expression in english, something that often happened at the beginning, but that now is a lot more rare.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SharkBait's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How are you like Stealth Symphony?
    Team Haikyu! | Team Stealth Symphony | Stealth Symphony Support Group

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SharkBait View Post
    How are you like Stealth Symphony?
    Sieg is the typical clichè coward protagonist, I hope he man-ups soon. He is the "anchor" that helps people who approach this manga for the first time to find something familiar in it, making the comic more easy to read for them.

But the good thing of the manga is the supporting cast.
    Toroma is a good character with a very funny common sense. Also the idea of an invisible dragon is brillant on many levels. It presents the audience with common concepts like dragons and invisibility and put them together creating something new and never seen before. This indicates that the authors have the ability to continue surprise the audience and gives some kind of novelty that makes the manga worth reading.
    Souya kicks asses and probably is a character with many different faces.

The dialoges are good, as it should be expected by the creator of durararara, and the drawings are also good. I found many clichè but presented in a really good way, with a great balance classic elements to make the reader feel home and new and surprising elements to keep him interested. Furthermore the balance between story and action is also really well done and one of the principal strong points of the manga.

It has potential, but what we western guys think is not important, it is important that it is able to attract the japanese audience.

By the way I am calling the protagonist "sieg" from Siegfried, becuase "Siegfried" is related to dragons and he is a dragon slayer. Also Siegfried was "invunerable" because of the power of the dragons, just like our protagonist.
    I don't know about "toroma", I saw that you call him "troma" but I will stick to "toroma" until I don't find a good reason to change his name.
    Last edited by aegon-rokudo; March 10, 2014 at 04:01 PM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3