Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Will a strawhat ever be offered a shichibukai position?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Will a strawhat ever be offered a shichibukai position?

sorry but from my point of view there's absolutely no way one of the SH will ever accept to become "dogs" of the WG no matter what the conditions or advantages or anything they could receive from that position ...we all know what type of person luffy is and truth is he doesn't give a damn about such positions his only aspiration is to become PK ...and let's not forget all he and other crew members went through 'cause of the marines (and i'm referring about EL incident concerning robin)
    LOL just imagining his reaction if that were to happen makes me unable to stop laughing

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't think so. He is quite literally public enemy number one. Yes, the offer positions to famed and nefarious pirates but for the World Government to offer a government position to a man who waged war against them for the entire world to see (as well as breaking into the greatest prison at their disposal and setting free hundreds of extremely dangerous pirates) would show great weakeness on their part. The best analogy I know is, you'd offer a mobster a plee bargain to nail his boss but you wouldn't do the same for Osama Bin Laden.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Guyz I thought this was to consider weather or not he would be invited not that he would accept .

The chance of him accepting is virtually 0 unless some really big plot twist occurs .

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think what a lot of people are overlooking is that Luffy and the Strawhats literally declared war on the World Government. So, besides the Revolutionary Army, they are probably the most wanted criminals. There's a limit to who they give the position to, and someone who declared war on them and aided or led the destruction of their three strongholds is not someone they'd want on their side.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't see how the strawhats could be the most wanted criminals beside the revolutionary army. First off all the yonkou are obviously more wanted than the strawhats by quite a bit. Even then, I really doubt the rest of the manga will be about the strawhats against the world government. Surely enough there are plenty other pirates out there who are as strong or stronger than current luffy and the strawhats. I don't think the whole declaring war on the world government would really be enough of a deterrent if they wanted to make a shichibukai out of a strawhat. The issue would be whether they believe the strawhat in question would ultimately heed a calling of the world government should the situation come too. Even if luffy is not an option for whatever reason that still leaves zoro, sanji and perhaps even franky as viable candidates.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member eefrit's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I do see the Luffy being offered the position but he will deny it like he denies Hancock. Like others have said he is to much of a free spirit to want to become an "ally" of the government. But truth be told, we never know what is going to happen.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Naruffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering how badly they wanted him dead during the war, I doubt they'd offer him a position.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I really don't see how the strawhats could be the most wanted criminals beside the revolutionary army. First off all the yonkou are obviously more wanted than the strawhats by quite a bit. Even then, I really doubt the rest of the manga will be about the strawhats against the world government. Surely enough there are plenty other pirates out there who are as strong or stronger than current luffy and the strawhats. I don't think the whole declaring war on the world government would really be enough of a deterrent if they wanted to make a shichibukai out of a strawhat. The issue would be whether they believe the strawhat in question would ultimately heed a calling of the world government should the situation come too. Even if luffy is not an option for whatever reason that still leaves zoro, sanji and perhaps even franky as viable candidates.
    Power alone does not determine how wanted a person is. Chances are, Shanks and Whitebeard were both more powerful than Dragon, but Dragon declared war on the WG and is planning on completely unraveling the WG, so Dragon is marked as the most wanted criminal. Luffy (and the Strawhats), similarly, declared war on the WG, destroyed Enies Lobby, dismantled Impel Down (which led to the release of thousands of criminals, some being top priority), and helped destroy the Marine Headquarters. He's practically part of the Revolutionary Army with all the he's done XD

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    First off all the yonkou are obviously more wanted than the strawhats by quite a bit.
    I wouldn't think so. They keep to themselves, none of them are responsible for the humiliation that the WG faced at Enies Lobby, Impel Down or Marineford (their three strongholds). Luffy is. Short of Dragon, I think more than anyone else they want him dead.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Umm al-Qaiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Well, the very acts of defiance could also be seen as reason to make shichibukai out of one of them. The shichibukai are meant to scare the crap out of other pirates and that could be done beautifully by someone who has singlehandedly defied the single most powerful organization out there and to a great degree succeeded (even if the efforts of other powerful forces where the main reason ID and marineford were a sort of success). The tenryobitto part is a greater deterrent from making a strawhat a shichibukai than the 3 fortresses part IMO.
    Did you just call declaring war an "act of defiance"? The WG offering a Strawhat a position as a shichibukai is akin to the US having hired Osama bin Laden as a secret agent.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member hokageji's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

dont think he would be offered the position after enes lobby incident itself... after that,
    defeating another shichibukai
    attacking a tenryubito
    impel down
    rescuing ace....

to add to it, he is dragons son, there is no way he will be offered....

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

No.

Because, the whole battle with the world G and the will of D which is essentially opposing the world governement would be pointless.

Second, I don't think that a single crew member could become a SB as it will disturb the crew and it's harmony especially if the interests of the crew captain are in no way in the favor of the world government.

For the plot's sake, I don't think oda would do such a thing.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by undertoe View Post
    Did you just call declaring war an "act of defiance"? The WG offering a Strawhat a position as a shichibukai is akin to the US having hired Osama bin Laden as a secret agent.
    Well, act of defiance was the words he used... Anyways, what pirate has not declared war to the world government in a sense? The very act of calling yourself a pirate is a crime.... Also, its not like the strawhats did those things alone. They had a small army of their own in ennies lobby, luffy had help from ivankov, inazuma, jinbe and crocodile (all of which were stronger than luffy IMO) and the only reason luffy actually got to be relevant during the war was because he had every relevant pirate there covering for him and garp wussed out of beating the crap out of luffy. Heck, the strong people around actually told luffy he was too weak to be in the front lines of that war....

I still think that luffy being the son of dragon is the only real deterrent from offering him such a position. It's not like ace was not offered such a position even though he was the son of roger though. All the other strawhats should be perfectly viable candidates at some point though.

Lets also consider the pirates of the sun. Their captain trashed majiroa and jinbe fought and defeated countless marines and he was still offered the position and even the nobles had to accept it.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member chrizzl's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

guys do you think he would really accept the job as working for the wg when
    1 he wants to be pk so he always has to be the leader and
    2 they killed ace i doubt hes going to forget that anytime soon

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It's one thing to be offered the job and another completely different one to take it. The thread is not about whether a strawhat would take such a position but rather whether the government would consider a strawhat for such a job.

New Reply
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast