Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Luffy's Chest Scar

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luffy's Chest Scar

Not to mention BB gave shanks that scar even before he had a fruit.... the guy has not even begun to show his true power.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

His true power was shown while was he was begging for his life, as WB held him in his mercy xD

Scars are memento of a meaningful event, such as a important fight.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

... do you have to be so picky? Wb as the strongest man alive had naturally the upper hand. Again, being tricky is the most normal thing in a fight for death, you would have fairly would you?
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Ryoz's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyway... am I the only one to think that the scar is on his back too.
    héhéh 100% confident about it.
    Well I am so confident that I won't even dicuss further
    I am just waiting for the next victory picture from his back with a X scar .
    Just like this one (one of my favourite) but much better

Spoiler: CDZ (st Seiya) Abridged ... show

-

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kyodai Senkan Mora View Post
    at no point in my post did I imply whitebeard caused shank's scar.If you recall when shank's came to visit him whitebeard's told him that the sight of him made the scar he got fro roger ache (as shanks was in rogers crew)......also blackbeard not a formidable opponent? R u reading the same manga I am?.....He's got two of the most powerful devils fruits,a crew of history's worst pirates and FACT:he did defeat ace,he fought a fleet admiral with no major damage and was directly responsible for whitebeard's ultimate demise...if this is not formidable to you I'd like to see what is.Maybe Oda should give him kyoka suigetsu and be done with it....just saying(lol)
    Formidable = Arousing fear.

Who in this manga is afraid of BB?
    The only thing I've seen BB do in this manga so far is run away in front of more powerful opponent.

The only impresive thing he did was to defeat Ace.

So far, BB seems more like a comic relief than anything else to me.
    Eventually, he might raise up to be a powerful opponent worthy of being the "last boss", but right now, that's certainly not the case.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Kyodai Senkan Mora's Avatar
    Country
    Kenya
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post

The only thing I've seen BB do in this manga so far is run away in front of more powerful opponent.

Eventually, he might raise up to be a powerful opponent worthy of being the "last boss", but right now, that's certainly not the case.
    As long as we are quoting dictionaries: Formidable also means: Extremely impressive in strength or excellence. Nobody fears BB? did you not see the reaction of the marines when he gained the gura gura no mi? or the people of shabondy shoto when it was broadcasted to them? hmmm...seems like all round fear to me.

The only impressive thing he did was defeat ace? Ok how about this.............break into and out of impel down with a crew of level six prisoners................fight evenly with sengoku(even for a short while) sb who is above the admirals?......................defeat one of the supernovas without breaking so much as a sweat............fight shanks and give him a scar pre-devil's fruit. I don't know. These events impress the hell out of me as well.

BB comic relief............NO! I've never felt like laughing at any of BBs appearances...I was in awe of him in jaya,I hated him in banaro island,hated him even more in impel down and was positively disgusted with him in marineford...at no time however were his actions funny
    "Unless I grip the sword, I can not protect you. While gripping the sword I can not embrace you." -Tite Kubo

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's getting highly off-topic.^^

Just as Kyodai mentioned, it seems like you have read past the manga. Blackbeard was one of the better fighters in WBs crew, has taken down Ace, a Shichibukai candidate, just to become one himself. Besides the admirals and Yonkou, they are already the most feared pirates/people around. Last time seens he's taken down the most feared/loved character of OP and took his powers, now able to tear down fortresses, create natural disasters on his own. If that's not a reason to fear, your definition of the word must be pretty shaky.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ish3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Scars themselves I wouldn't necessary say means they're your rival however in this manga when you clearly have one from a powerful character then it comes as such. A rivalry.

Blackbeard in this case I feel he had a hidden power (another fruit) no one knew about but if you think about it. He's like Luffy except took extreme measures to make a name for himself. His plan to go into impel down wouldn't have worked without our favorite main character.

Truth be told Blackbeard isn't scary tactics or not he still has a long way to go as well. He has strong fruit powers but needs a lot of training. Or experience. He always runs when it comes to strong opponents seeing that he's a huge threat now. Lol I bet after the timeskip he got skinnier lol. Who knows. Or fatter. You guys need to stop getting off topic just wanted to throw in my input.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

O-T:
    We've got a longer BB discussion going on some months ago. One important argument got caught, that he's a realist that won't face a danger he can avoid till he got the means to have the upper hand. He's not a airhead like Luffy, he's doing precisely as planed, his strategy has helped him to get the strongest possible combination of power. At least for him, it's nothing to be angry about.
    Last edited by Schabrak; May 25, 2012 at 02:39 PM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

10. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post

Well, the gorosei seemed quite fearful of the guy to say the least. They thought only a yonko could possibly stop him for the most part which is quite something. Shanks has expressed severe concerns over the guy too, enough to face WB himself and ask him to stop ace. More so, BB did kinda fight on shanks level even without a fruit not so long along. Jinbei expressed concern over the power of the guy when he mentioned he had somehow acquired enough power to beat ace and was an unknown quantity.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v56/c544/8.html

The main issue here is that we have hardly seen everything WB has to offer. I honestly doubt we have seen even with WB's fruit the full extent of his capacity.

Intl Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lord Rayleigh's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Not to mention BB gave shanks that scar even before he had a fruit.... the guy has not even begun to show his true power.
    We still have no clue when it was done, it was between the Edd War (27 years ago) and Shanks meeting with Luffy (12 years ago). We only know Shanks was between 12 and 27 years old (he is now 39). That's an old mystery : remember that Oda did well on chapter 0 hidding Shanks'face when he was crying over Roger's death.

So we cannot conclude anything for the moment. Rayleigh told Luffy that he met Shanks taking a fresh start at Sabaody after he gave him his strawhat and lost his arm. Thus Shanks was not a Yonkou when he met Luffy and so when he got that scar. Shanks'strenght was between his apprentice's days and his rivalry with Mihawks. Probably strong enough to explain later Whitebeard that Blackbeard did not injure him by surprise.
    Last edited by Lord Rayleigh; August 10, 2011 at 05:01 PM.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MaiSiaoSiao's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

But Whitebeard did mentioned that "everyone was surprise when a man like shanks came back from East Blue without his left arm"and so on. Doesn't that mean that Shanks was already/maybe a Yonkou when he met Luffy?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

No he was not, just as Lord Rayleigh wrote. He chilled for a year at Windmill Village before he started his journey to the New World, where he met his old Vice-Captain and told him about Luffy. Losing an arm was obviously an device to create tension, show the hardship of the sea and at the same time tease Shanks real might.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BlackHair's Avatar
    Country
    Sri Lanka
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    ... do you have to be so picky? Wb as the strongest man alive had naturally the upper hand.
    I was just kidding around, thought that smiley -> (xD) was enough, but well nvm. But about ur argument, WB's title doesn't mean much in a fight between high tiers. I didn't see Akainu begging.

I hate BB, but I think that Oda created the most perfect villain in all manga history. I could elaborate on this, but that would be offtopic ^^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

From what i have seen Akainu can't have given luffy his scar because in the anime he has the scar in episode 224 and luffy didn't fight Akainu until the next saga and that was near the end of that saga (second to last arc)

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast