Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Stat Sheet Discussion/Prediction

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Stat Sheet Discussion/Prediction

Use this place to discuss revealed character stat sheets or make predictions for future ones. Revealed sheets can be found below, predictions will be added as well, provided we can agree on something.

Before starting to discuss, please read how the stats are defined (defintions made by Sai, xReborn and myself, if you have any issues with them, feel free to speak up).

Spoiler: Definitions show

Furthermore, stats with a 5 or higher count as strengths, whereas those with 2 or less count as weaknesses.
    As the highest shown stat so far was 7, please do not exceed that number unless you have good reasons to do so.

Spoiler: Revealed Stats show

If someone has a specific player they'd like to discuss, please go ahead, if not, I would suggest Kintarou.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Fuji Shusuke's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stat Sheet Discussion/Prediction

I would say for Yukimura:
    Power: 4
    Speed: 3.5
    Technique: 5
    Stamina: 3
    Mental: 5

Also Fuji:
    Power: 2.5
    Speed: 3
    Stamina: 3.5
    Mental: 4

And Ryoma:
    Power: 3
    Speed: 4
    Technique: 6
    Stamina: 5

If you say Kintarou then:
    Speed: 5
    Technique: 4

THE MH FOODIE 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Sai_the_Shaman's Avatar
    Country
    Earth Kindom
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? Kintarou's Power as only a 3?

For him, given what's been shown, He's fast, powerful and has monstrouse Stamina. I'd give him:

Power: 7
    Speed: 6
    Technique: 1
    Stamina: 6
    Mental: 1 or 2. Maybe 3 at the most.

Power, Stamina and Speed have the obvious reasons.
    Low Tech because he really only uses basic shots and super power shots. All based on his base physical prowess.
    Low Mental because someone like Shiraishi can control him so easily with something as ridiculous as the threat of poison hands >.>;;

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sai_the_Shaman View Post
    Really? Kintarou's Power as only a 3?

For him, given what's been shown, He's fast, powerful and has monstrouse Stamina. I'd give him:

Power: 7
    Speed: 6
    Mental: 1 or 2. Maybe 3 at the most.

Power, Stamina and Speed have the obvious reasons.
    Low Tech because he really only uses basic shots and super power shots. All based on his base physical prowess.
    Low Mental because someone like Shiraishi can control him so easily with something as ridiculous as the threat of poison hands >.>;;
    I agree with the technique to a certain extent. Maybe a 2 because he can at least return it well (enough). What about in game mental strength. If an opponent does this will his mind be affected? No, he will still be the same cheerful and playful person. I thought if I gave him a 5 in power it would be too much but after seeing you willing to put a seven down I'll go with 6 for power. And I'll agree with you for speed and stamina.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Shusuke View Post
    I would say for Yukimura:
    Power: 4
    Speed: 3.5
    Why only a 3.5 in Speed? He managed to keep up with the TnK shots and even returned the Samurai Drive.

And Ryoma:
    Technique: 6
    Higher Technique than Tezuka? Also seeing as Atobe only had a 3 in Mental, I'm not really seeing the 5 there either.

If you say Kintarou then:
    Speed: 5
    Pretty much what Sai said, I'd personally put Kintarou at

Power: 6.5
    Speed: 4 (I guess this one could/should be a bit higher)
    Mental: 2

What about in game mental strength. If an opponent does this will his mind be affected? No, he will still be the same cheerful and playful person.
    Well, seeing as he was yipped after only one point, I don't see why he would have a great mental strength. Atobe also didn't show any signs of mental weaknesses previously, but then we get the team shuffle and see his Mental is only a 3.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Kintarou:
    Power: 6
    Stamina: 5.5
    Mental: 0

It's tough to gauge exactly how high his physical stats should be. We haven't really seen exactly what most of the top physical players stats look like (most of the guys we have stats for are more technique based guys).

I think Kintarou is dumb enough that he gets a 0 in mental.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Determining exact numbers is difficult. And also for mental, could susceptibility to provocation be contributing factors? For Yukimura I guess you could put a 4 for speed, if 4.5 and above is the ability to replicate oneself or teleport. BTW, the Tezuka stat sheet is before his activation of PoP. Echizen has already activated it so he would receive a higher technique (maybe). I think I go with Echizen's mental for 4 now. I forgot that Kintarou had only a one point match against Yukimura, so I go with mental 1.5.

No one made a comment about Fuji. Does that mean his stats are okay?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Determining exact numbers is difficult. And also for mental, could susceptibility to provocation be contributing factors?
    That's possible.

For Yukimura I guess you could put a 4 for speed, if 4.5 and above is the ability to replicate oneself or teleport.
    I have it at 4.5 personally, mostly because of the fact that he managed to return the TnK shots as well as a TnK powered Samurai Drive. But a 0.5 difference is acceptable I guess.

BTW, the Tezuka stat sheet is before his activation of PoP. Echizen has already activated it so he would receive a higher technique (maybe). I think I go with Echizen's mental for 4 now.
    The thing is that TnK is a technique, so I don't think it factors into the stat sheets (maybe something like Devil Akaya, but not as the only spread).

As for Mental, I thought it was comparable to Shiraishi's, so I gave him a 3.5 there, but again, I won't really argue a 0.5 difference as long as there are other things to talk about.

No one made a comment about Fuji. Does that mean his stats are okay?
    Power: 1.5
    Stamina: 2.5
    Mental: 4

That's what I have for him. Lower power because I think of it as one of his weaknesses, so it should be a stat of 2 or less. I also didn't feel like he had great Stamina.
    Technique I don't really know about. I had it at a 5 when I first made a sheet for him, but I don't feel like his Defensive Technique is high enough for that.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Fuji's power isn't a weakness. It is more average. So the middle of 0 and 5 would be 2.5. So not a strength, yet just not enough to be called a weakness. Also for his stamina, you see him sweat and sometimes breathe a little hard but he can endure. He hasn't had any injuries and so far he can reach a tiebreaker and still perform his special techniques. I think I'll drop his technique level because he does have defensive technique but it comes from his counters not defensive play.

How would you rate Nioh? He can become anyone he wants so I'm interested.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Power 2.5
    Speed 3.5
    Technique 4.5
    Stamina 2.5
    Mental 3

I'll make a thread about Illusion soon, so I'll elaborate then.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I reckon Fuji's power isn't a weakness. It is more average. So the middle of 0 and 5 would be 2.5. So not a strength, yet just not enough to be called a weakness. Also for his stamina, you see him sweat and sometimes breathe a little hard but he can endure. He hasn't had any injuries and so far he can reach a tiebreaker and still perform his special techniques. I think I'll drop his technique level because he does have defensive technique but it comes from his counters not defensive play.

Kirihara has a 2.5 in Power, and his power massively eclipses Fuji's. I don't think Fuji can even come close to that level of power. It's definitely not one of his stronger points.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bowser's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KuwabaraTheMan View Post
    Kirihara has a 2.5 in Power, and his power massively eclipses Fuji's. I don't think Fuji can even come close to that level of power. It's definitely not one of his stronger points.
    Really? It's not like Fuji needs two hands to return Kirihara's shots, even when Kirihara went bloodshot. Unless you're referring to Muga no Kyouchi :/

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd love it if Fuji's stat sheet has all ?'s on it "We can't collect data on him ether!"
    Also I don't think mental really has anything to do with intelligence, it has more to do with how your head gets in the way of your playing, for example Atobe has a 3, despite being in my opinion relatively smart. The Irie match showed that it is possible to get in Atobe's head, and that is why I think he has a 3. I'm actually comfortable giving echizen a 5 in mental considering that he could snap out of yips, that is a major mental feat.
    Although I don't have a hige amount of faith in the stat sheets, like giving kirihara a 2.5 in power, and giving irie a 2 in endurance and showing him playing a 370 point tiebreak like 3 chapters later.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

For Fuji:
    Power: 1.5
    Technique: ?
    Mental: ?

For Tech and Mental, you never know what is going on in Fuji's head and what counters he can come up with.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
    Although I don't have a hige amount of faith in the stat sheets, like giving kirihara a 2.5 in power, and giving irie a 2 in endurance and showing him playing a 370 point tiebreak like 3 chapters later.
    Well, given his comment after defeating Akiba

Quote Quote:
    Thanks to you though... I was able to widen my acting chops
    which would imply that this was the first time someone forced him to go this far. In other words, his stat sheet is possibly incorrect; as the coaches never got to see a serious Irie, they couldn't get his data either.

That being said, he probably didn't move all that much during the tiebreaker and just made Atobe run around. Even with bad stamina, if you don't have to do much, it's not really a problem.

I'm curious why you have issues with Kirihara's displayed power though.

New Reply
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast