Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stat Sheet Discussion/Prediction

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LetalHawk's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stat Sheet Discussion/Prediction

Irie's stats sure are fake, I think the real ones when he plays seriously are:

Power: 3-3.5
    Speed: 6
    Technique: 6
    Mental: 7
    Stamina: 6 (seeing as he went through a 173 point tiebreak and pretended that his arm hurt, he has more stamina than Atobe)

For Oni stats, I would say:

Power: 7
    Speed: 3.5-4
    Technique: 2
    Mental: 5
    Stamina: 6

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Even accounting for the fact that he may not have been playing his heart out in that tiebreaker, that match lasted close to 423 points by my addition(may be off by a few, but I think that it is accurate). In comparison, the match between federer and nadal at wimbledon in 08 was 413 points and 62 games long. If this match is closer to the equivelent of 65 games, even if Irie wasn't sprinting around constantly, his stamina will probably come into question if they play 65 games. Thae fact that he was able to do this at all would suggest that he has rather good stamina. Unless this U17 camp's expectations are impossibly high.
    A reason I have a slight problem with Akaya's 2.5 in power is that earlier in the thread you had no objection to giving ryoma a 3. Akaya actually relies on his power when he plays, and all that echizen has going for him is that he can use hyaku ren (which may not even be measured by the stats) and that he returned the yama arashi somehow. I don't want to dismiss that, but it doesn't seem like he should be able to. Do you think that ryoma could overpower akaya without hyaku ren or PoP, or do you think that the stat sheet accounts for them?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
    Even accounting for the fact that he may not have been playing his heart out in that tiebreaker, that match lasted close to 423 points by my addition(may be off by a few, but I think that it is accurate). In comparison, the match between federer and nadal at wimbledon in 08 was 413 points and 62 games long. If this match is closer to the equivelent of 65 games, even if Irie wasn't sprinting around constantly, his stamina will probably come into question if they play 65 games. Thae fact that he was able to do this at all would suggest that he has rather good stamina. Unless this U17 camp's expectations are impossibly high.
    If we're comparing it to real life, then you are of course correct, but if we're thinking in PoT terms, I wouldn't be so sure. I mean, look at the kind of training Inui or Kaidoh do, I don't know the exact numbers right now (and am too lazy to check), but it was pretty insane iirc.

A reason I have a slight problem with Akaya's 2.5 in power is that earlier in the thread you had no objection to giving ryoma a 3. Akaya actually relies on his power when he plays, and all that echizen has going for him is that he can use hyaku ren (which may not even be measured by the stats) and that he returned the yama arashi somehow. I don't want to dismiss that, but it doesn't seem like he should be able to. Do you think that ryoma could overpower akaya without hyaku ren or PoP, or do you think that the stat sheet accounts for them?
    More often that not, I don't argue 0.5 values, as we can't accurately distinguish them anyway in most cases (3.5 and 4 in Technique might be somewhat doable, but anything else is iffy).

Secondly, I wouldn't say Akaya relies on power a whole lot. His playstyle is more control based, as he's aiming for weak spots, and even weaker shots can do a lot of damage, assuming they hit the right point (especially when multiple ones hit that same spot).

Lastly, I do not think that techniques are included in any of the stats, and I do not believe Echizen could overpower Akaya with bases alone (though this isn't really relevant I think, half a point difference in power is meaningless most of the time I'd say).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I can agree with what you said about Akaya's power, now that I think about it,but assuming the second data set of Akaya's is for devil mode, should his power be lower than krauser's? It is by half a point of course, but I got the vibe that devil akaya could overpower krauser. Maybe not, because even in devil mode akaya has never hit someone hard enough to dent a fence. Maybe krauser relies on his crucifixion and kirihara is just out and out brutal?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I can agree with what you said about Akaya's power, now that I think about it,but assuming the second data set of Akaya's is for devil mode, should his power be lower than krauser's? It is by half a point of course, but I got the vibe that devil akaya could overpower krauser. Maybe not, because even in devil mode akaya has never hit someone hard enough to dent a fence. Maybe krauser relies on his crucifixion and kirihara is just out and out brutal?
    Their styles differ from each other quite a bit. While they both attack their opponent, Krauser relies on a one hit KO method (Hopping Ball, Southern Cross), whereas Akaya deals damage over a longer period of time.

I don't think Akaya could overpower Krauser, and I'm not even sure whether he'd win at the moment, given that Krauser didn't use Southern Cross during the nationals, which would have probably finished Akaya off.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

He didnt use Southern Cross?
    I thought he did!

So he only used Hopping Ball?

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    He didnt use Southern Cross?
    I thought he did!

So he only used Hopping Ball?
    In the nationals against Akaya, yes. As you might remember, Akaya recognized HB when Krauser used it against Nakagauchi, however he didn't know anything of Southern Cross. Following that, it's safe to assume Krauser didn't use Southern Cross in his match against Akaya.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

But Krauser didn't use Southern Cross because he owned Kirihara in Bloodshot mode with only the Hopping Ball, but after Akaya tapped into Devil Mode, he didn't stand a chance against him, so that's why he couldn't use it.

Also, Kirihara is better than Krauser, Southern Cross wouldn't affect Devil mode as Kirihara is very fast and could return it

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    But Krauser didn't use Southern Cross because he owned Kirihara in Bloodshot mode with only the Hopping Ball, but after Akaya tapped into Devil Mode, he didn't stand a chance against him, so that's why he couldn't use it.
    Maybe. Both possibilities are equally likely.

Quote Originally Posted by LetalHawk View Post
    Also, Kirihara is better than Krauser, Southern Cross wouldn't affect Devil mode as Kirihara is very fast and could return it
    I kinda doubt that, seeing as Nakagauchi couldn't, and we've seen that both his Technique and reaction speed are better than Akaya's.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

His reaction speed arent confirmed to be better than Devil Mode Kirihara's.
    I dont think Krauser can beat Kirihara.
    Considering Kirihara took 7 straight games from him.

Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Krauser is inferior to Kirihara for now, I kinda doubt that he will make it to the 1st string

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

His reaction speed arent confirmed to be better than Devil Mode Kirihara's.
    I dont think Krauser can beat Kirihara.
    Considering Kirihara took 7 straight games from him.
    Well, I think we can agree that Nakagauchi's reaction time is much better than normal and Red Eyes Akaya's. Now, even with DM's boost, I doubt it would exceed Nakagauchi's by a large amount. Following that, I think it's very possible for Devil Akaya being unable to avoid Southern Cross.

Note that I'm not saying Krauser would definately beat Akaya at the moment, I don't think that's too likely myself (though I wouldn't say it's impossible either). However, this would be more because Devil Akaya can probably pressure Krauser enough, so that Krauser doesn't get a chance to hit a Southern Cross in the first place.

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chaosmaster1991 View Post
    Note that I'm not saying Krauser would definately beat Akaya at the moment, I don't think that's too likely myself (though I wouldn't say it's impossible either). However, this would be more because Devil Akaya can probably pressure Krauser enough, so that Krauser doesn't get a chance to hit a Southern Cross in the first place.
    Precisely.
    Have the stats of all the former 3rd Court players been shown yet?
    And the stats of the former No.s 11-20 been shown yet.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Precisely.
    Have the stats of all the former 3rd Court players been shown yet?
    And the stats of the former No.s 11-20 been shown yet.
    No.

Spoiler: List of players with stat sheets show

Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

oh...
    I was hoping their were stats in the Pair Puri's or something...
    Not enough to go by... Im not even sure Konomi will go back to drawing up stats for his characters.

New Reply
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast