Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Stat Sheet Discussion/Prediction

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Hardy's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stat Sheet Discussion/Prediction

How about Technique being 5 in almost every player of the top 10 (except Ochi) or Speed being at least 5 again. A lot of them have 4 in stamina, and some of them even less in power/mental.

In the end, they are all kinda equal in importance, some more depending on the player's style.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Kaoz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, 5 is what's expected from a G10 player it seems, so of course they have at least a 5 almost everywhere. I'll also give you that Power isn't much more prevalent than Speed, Stamina and Technique (they're generally between 20 and 30%), but when it comes to Mental, over half of them are off the charts there: Byoudouin (probably), Tanegashima, Ryoga (probably), Oni, Kimijima, Ochi, Mouri all have either a 6 or a 7, that's 70%.

If we take a 4 as expected value for a 11-20 member, we have Fuwa, Date, Yuuma, Yuuho, Mitsuya, Hara and Taira with a higher Mental, again 70%. Like I dunno, it just kinda stands out to me.

---------- Post added March 05, 2014 at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was February 18, 2014 at 01:40 PM ----------

On the topic of Oni's stats, when taking AnS into account, how about this: Byoudouin's total is X whereas we assume Tokugawa's 22.5 from the fanbook to be correct, but he gets boosted to X via AnS.

If we go by the stat total sequence of the G10, Duke having 27 and Tanegashima having 28 could imply Byoudouin having 29 (I had him as 30 previously because he was listed for the 7th match, but in reality he's playing the 6th match now, so you could argue Ryoga for either 30 [7th match], or 26 [No. 4 badge] based on the sequences), in which case AnS's boost would be +6.5.

Then if we go backwards from Tanegashima's 28 (which equals AnS!Oni maybe?), we get to 21.5 for regular Oni. Which then results in a 22.5 -> 22 -> 21.5 sequence for Tokugawa, Irie and Oni.

Thoughts?

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Re: Stat Sheet Discussion/Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post

Then if we go backwards from Tanegashima's 28 (which equals AnS!Oni maybe?), we get to 21.5 for regular Oni. Which then results in a 22.5 -> 22 -> 21.5 sequence for Tokugawa, Irie and Oni.

Thoughts?
    I was thinking Duke 27 -> Tanegashima 28 -> Oni -> 29 Byoudouin -> 30
    So we could keep Byoudouin at 30.

I really feel Ryoga is independent from these guys.
    I mean, look at how he didn't know he's supposed to only go for a toilet break in between matches and Ohmagari told him he had to stay throughout the match lol.
    That was a pretty funny scene btw.

I honestly kinda feel that Irie and Oni's stats are DEFINITELY not their full stats I'm sorry.
    Irie's Stamina is damn solid.

do you think Power and Mental are more important than the other stats?
    Absolutely.
    Not more powerful than others necessarily, but I strongly believe Speed & Stamina are less important than Technique, Mental and Power.

We are yet to see Speed individually win a match.
    In Kamio VS Sengoku, Kamio won by mastering a special shot. With just speed Sengoku would have definitely won.
    Kenya's Speed was useless against Taira/Hara. Utterly useless.

Which is why I wanted to see Kaji in a full match more than anything now that I think about it. (except a Fuji match of course. But a Kaji match before anything else)

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

If we're working with the statement that Oni = Tanegashima (some form of Oni anyways), I don't see how Oni can have 29.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Prince Of Tennis Re: Stat Sheet Discussion/Prediction

If we're working with the statement that Oni = Tanegashima (some form of Oni anyways), I don't see how Oni can have 29.
    But it was that Tanegashima could never lose to Oni it wasn't that they were necessarily 100% equal.
    I mean, let's be serious, what was Oni really using against Tanegashima in those matches.
    From the audiences reactions we can assume he wasn't using Kijin and if anything only 10 Ball Strike.
    So I can see Tanegashima's HDN being enough.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It was said neither lost to the other before, however that works, but unless you're reading a lot into it, I feel like that should be interpreted as them being even. Sure, it doesn't 100% confirm them as equal, but you have to really get into the specifics to view it otherwise. Oni may very not have been using Kijin, but I don't see an issue with him having entered Asura no Shindou.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Something that's been bugging me for a while is how relatively low the HSers' stats are compared to the kind of improvements they supposedly made. Kaji is probably one of the best examples here, since his profile says he raised his power and stamina during the expedition - so that's probably at least 2 points.

Now if you assume a somewhat steady growth rate, Kaji would've had a total of 0 about 13 months ago, so halfway through his second year, which seems odd to say the least.

So I'm wondering if the stats are redone every so often (maybe every month) and if the numbers are actually only relative to the current highest level in the camp. So a 5 is considered G10 level, but what exactly "G10 level" means depends on the strongest players at that time. And that would result in a guideline of what kind of stat totals the coaches expect a player to have in a certain position.

E.g.: G10 - 25
    First String - 20
    Top 5 Courts - 15 etc.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

So now that we're at the end of an arc, how do you think Ryoma's stats have improved compared to the ones we were given in the fanbook? As a reminder, his stats back then were:

Speed - 4
    Power - 3
    Technique - 5
    Mental - 5
    Stamina - 4

Since then he mastered the Super Sweet Spot, learned how to his the Glowing Shot as well as 15 balls at once and unlocked the Samurai. I'll post my thoughts on this in a bit, but maybe someone else wants to give their opinion in the meantime.

EDIT: Before someone's being a smartass about this, yes, they'll probably be listed as unmeasurable from now on, but let's try to figure them out anyway.
    Last edited by Kaoz; July 08, 2014 at 01:14 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Techniques Discussion

The best comparison might be Irie's stamina - it's low but for some unknown reason not a significant issue.
    Its very possible that the stats are inaccurate. I think the description mentioned that it seemed unfathomable that he lasted that long against Atobe with such poor stamina.

Maybe his stamina is actually 3 or 4 and his strength 2 or 3. Would not surprise me at all.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2011 View Post
    Its very possible that the stats are inaccurate. I think the description mentioned that it seemed unfathomable that he lasted that long against Atobe with such poor stamina.

Maybe his stamina is actually 3 or 4 and his strength 2 or 3. Would not surprise me at all.
    You'd think they would've just updated the stat in that case. It's not like they didn't do so with Atobe, Shiraishi etc.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You'd think they would've just updated the stat in that case. It's not like they didn't do so with Atobe, Shiraishi etc.
    They really can't because Irie has never shown his true strength I guess while Atobe and Shiraishi have.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by felixng2011 View Post
    They really can't because Irie has never shown his true strength I guess while Atobe and Shiraishi have.
    What. They were very clearly able to assign a number to the Irie they knew (a 2), there's nothing stopping them from updating that to whatever they felt was more accurate based on his match with Atobe (like a 5 for instance). Even if there's a chance that Irie hadn't shown his full strength yet, that chance always exists for everyone, so it's not a valid reason to not adjust the stat at all.

Also moving this discussion to the stats thread.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What. They were very clearly able to assign a number to the Irie they knew (a 2), there's nothing stopping them from updating that to whatever they felt was more accurate based on his match with Atobe (like a 5 for instance). Even if there's a chance that Irie hadn't shown his full strength yet, that chance always exists for everyone, so it's not a valid reason to not adjust the stat at all.

Also moving this discussion to the stats thread.
    Stamina - 2: WIth his short stamina, he is unsuited to long drawn out matches. However, taking into account that even when he forfeited the Atobe match, it looked as if he still had stamina left to spare. Frankly, it's unfathomable.

There is absolutely no way his stamina is only 2 when he went 187-187 no matter how good he is at conserving stamina due to his efficiency of his movements. He also had stamina leftover.... Also efficient use of stamina also seems to be taken into account when looking at the stat like in the case of Tezuka or Shuji:

Stamina - 4: Because he strictly regulates himself, the stamina of his cardio-vascular system is not a problem. However, in a drawn out match, parts of his body will tend to scream out. The only thing he needs to do is work on the stamina of his burdened elbow.

Stamina - 5: Because he is always trying to see through his opponent's abilities while in battle, he seldom gets his pace disturbed. He almost never has to worry about his stamina depleting in the middle of a match.

I would not be surprised if his stamina was 4 even. Irie is one of the few players who haven't shown the full extent of their strength. Even Byoudin has shown his full power.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That still doesn't answer why they didn't just give him a 4 or a 5 based on him getting that far into the tiebreak then. Even if it was still not correct (which neither we nor they know), it'd be closer to the truth than the rating of 2.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Like, maybe Irie has a special technique the coaches don't know about that increases his stamina, but that kind of stuff isn't factored into base stats, so a 2 could still be perfectly accurate.

---------- Post added July 18, 2014 at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was July 10, 2014 at 10:59 AM ----------

Since then he mastered the Super Sweet Spot, learned how to his the Glowing Shot as well as 15 balls at once and unlocked the Samurai. I'll post my thoughts on this in a bit, but maybe someone else wants to give their opinion in the meantime.
    Looks like nobody wanted to take a shot at this, but I'm gonna post my own thoughts anyway. Ryoma's current stats are, in my opinion, as follows:
    Speed - 5 (+1): Based on Ryoga commenting that Ryoma's movement improved. I could see this being a 4.5 as well, but I don't think anything higher than 5 is reasonable.
    Power - 3 (+0): Nothing suggests this increased.
    Stamina - 4 (+0): Same.
    Mental - 7 (+2): Based on Ryoma using Samurai. In Oni's profile it says that Kijin is the proof of him having sharpened his concentration powers to their utmost limit, and at the moment 7 is the highest real stat value we have, so I feel like 7 Mental might be one of the requirements for this kind of special move.
    Technique - 6 (+1): Ryoma learned GS, so this should've gone up for sure. It's kinda difficult to justify it not being a 7, but GS gets thrown around so much that I don't think it's the most technical move in the series.

That spread has a total of 25, which seems to be the stat threshold for a G10 level singles player.

---------- Post added August 12, 2014 at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was July 18, 2014 at 10:45 AM ----------

So how much do you guys think will the MSers representing Japan in the WC improve between now and then? Shiraishi's probably gonna climb to 4.5s across the board, but what about the other thirteen?

Also, do you think Atobe will surpass Tezuka in terms of stats or will they stay even?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member -Ken-'s Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I think they all probably will climb up a fair bit. Even people with lower base stats should grow enough that they can fight the ex 18-20 of 1st stringer, imo. They are suppose to be the cream of the crops or whatever that is anyways.

I think they'll stay even. If you look at the past history, I'll say Atobe will probably surpass Tezuka stats wise, but I believe, say, the climb from 6 to 7 is harder than the climb from 1 to 2. Don't really have anything to prove that, though.
    Most of the thing I post is probably assumption if it's not a fact that I support using some evidence from the manga.

If you knows you're on my ignore list and you quote my post, there's high chance I would ignore you. Or answer you and not look at your response.

New Reply
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast