Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aizen with ease

    8 18.18%
  • Aizen with difficulty

    7 15.91%
  • Yama with ease

    6 13.64%
  • Yama with difficulty

    22 50.00%
  • Draw

    1 2.27%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 89

Thread: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    Quote Originally Posted by HaouLelouch View Post

    Look at what happened though. Yama is possibly one of he least intelligent characters in bleach.
    Huh? He's the only Shinigami to figure out a way to beat KS. (Before anyone mentions it, no, Gin didn't either, he was told). He may not be the most intelligent, but he's far from stupid.

  2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    Just because Aizen wasn't being careful vs Yoruichi, Urahara and Isshin doesn't mean he'll be careless in this fight. He's still the same Aizen, and still possesses the same intellect, just vastly higher power than before. I believe he knew his limitations well enough to know that there was nothing Isshin and co could do to defeat him - Isshin's point blank GT was arguably the strongest attack thrown at him, and he was able to tank it and continue fighting as before.

    If Yama truly is a threat to him, Aizen will realize this and act accordingly.

    @ Takahashi, while I wouldn't call Yama stupid (obstinate perhaps), I wouldn't call his "I am the strongest and will destroy everything within a given radius including loads of my subordinates to make sure you die" strategy an especially good one, and ofc Aizen had a contingency for this, which Yama would have realized were he in the league of Aizen as far as intellect was concerned.

  4. #18
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cloudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    IMO Chrysalis Aizen wins. Isshin's GT should be stronger than Yama's other attacks other than EJ. Yama shouldn't be able to significantly damage him IMO with the other attacks he shown. If he can do significant damage, Aizen will just get serious.
    lol, that's just the silliest thing I've read. A GT is on par with Yama's fire? EJ trumps anything Aizen has shown. The fire came up from the ground to surround them both. Even to say if it was his strongest technique, it was hot enough to melt away all of the people that were there, which is why he told Ichigo to get back. The sheer size of the attack took up a 2page spread. it dwarfed everything we had seen up to that point in the manga.

    And shoot.. Yama's EJ was a guarantee that everything would be done. Aizen the hog' his accomplices whatever. Aizen was the more arrogant one. Yama didn't NEED RJ to kill Aizen. We saw this with WW. His fists would end Aizen's life. He punched a hole through WW like he was paper. Sokoutsu would make anyone mere flesh and bone distributed across the area.
    Last edited by cloudo; May 16, 2011 at 04:07 PM.

  5. #19
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    351
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    @HaouLelouch

    While true and I agree, he wasn't wrong either. Yama was only hurt by his own power even if it was threw sacrificial methods, none the less his own power is what caused his defeat. Aizen underestimated Yamamoto's power, while Yama did nothing but called him foolish and naive.

  6. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post

    @ Takahashi, while I wouldn't call Yama stupid (obstinate perhaps), I wouldn't call his "I am the strongest and will destroy everything withina given radius including loads of my subordinates to make sure you die" strategy an especially good one, and ofc Aizen had a contingency for this, which Yama would have realized were he in the league of Aizen as far as intellect was concerned.
    I disagree there. KS controls one's reality, and the fact that Yama figured out ANY way to beat it is impressive to me. I think people downplay KS as more of an optical illusion, when it's far greater than that. As far as Yama needing another plan for Aizen's backup plan, that's asking a bit much don't you think?

  7. #21
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    I disagree there. KS controls one's reality, and the fact that Yama figured out ANY way to beat it is impressive to me. I think people downplay KS as more of an optical illusion, when it's far greater than that. As far as Yama needing another plan for Aizen's backup plan, that's asking a bit much don't you think?
    I'm not saying that Yama should have had a backup plan himself necessarily, but he should have at least considered the possibility that someone of Aizen's intellect after 100 years of planning wouldn't be stupid enough to just let himself get caught by Yama without having a get out of jail free card.

  8. #22
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    I'm not saying that Yama should have had a backup plan himself necessarily, but he should have at least considered the possibility that someone of Aizen's intellect after 100 years of planning wouldn't be stupid enough to just let himself get caught by Yama without having a get out of jail free card.
    I'm sure Yama was aware of the possibility, but how was he supposed to prepare for it? Yama had to take great risks just for the opportunity to catch him, any further prep (especially for someone who somehow absorbs your ability) would have been impossible really.

  9. #23
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cloudo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    342
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    You think that he was going to wonder if Aizen had a way to seal RJ? I don't. Even though he was faced with that dilemma, did it restrict his own power? Yama showed that Aizen was naive to think RJ was all he amounted to. He even goes onto say he underestimated him.

  10. #24
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    I'm sure Yama was aware of the possibility, but how was he supposed to prepare for it? Yama had to take great risks just for the opportunity to catch him, any further prep (especially for someone who somehow absorbs your ability) would have been impossible really.
    It seemed to me as though he really didn't account for it at all. He seemed pretty confident when he "caught" Aizen's sword. I certainly feel that he underestimated Aizen in this respect. You're right though, there wouldn't be much he could do to foresee or prevent Extinguir.

  11. #25
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    725
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    Well KS is really broken imo, and that is the number one problem from Yamamoto's perspective.

    To be honest, even after 100 years of prep time Im suprised Shinji and Urahara didnt have a really effective way to counter KS at all.

    Yamamoto used his experience (against numerous warriors in numerous battles)to confront Aizen through his personality rather than abilities or intellect. People used to mouth off about how Yamam-ji was nowhere to be seen on panel, while his subordinates like Komamura, Hitsu, Soifon and Shunsui were being cut down by Aizen.

    Except, he purposefully did not make a move till he was the only willing fighter left on the battlefield. Aizens arrogance got the better of him and admitted that he thought Yamamoto came in too late. As the only resistance left between him and the Kings Key in FKT, Aizen personally went in to end things with his own hands where he fell right into Yama-jis trap.

    If we consider that Aizen would try to counter Yama-ji’s zanpakuto with his zanpkuto, then we can say Yama-ji thoroughly out-manoeuvred Aizen in that regard. Personally when WW sealed Yamaji’s flames it was kind of an asspull when I saw it in the story.
    [IMG]http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb57/Jonas64/Kilrik.jpg[/IMG]

  12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  13. #26
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    So many IMO and IMHO used in this thread..shouldn't all of your posts be in your own honest opinion lol

    Anyway I'm leaning towards Yamamoto with some difficulty in this round. I think the fact that Aizen was injured by Shikai level abilities leaves the window opening of saying that if faced against the same amount of bankai abilities, he could eventually be destroyed.

    I'm not sure the same could be said about Yamamoto. On top of that, this is against someone without using complete hypnosis or vast intellect..which is what Aizen is really known for. This is more like Yamamoto vs. Broly than anything else and while powerful, the Captain-Commander takes this one..IMHO~

  14. #27
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Austin
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    Quote Originally Posted by Waking_Dreamer View Post
    Except, he purposefully did not make a move till he was the only willing fighter left on the battlefield. Aizens arrogance got the better of him and admitted that he thought Yamamoto came in too late. As the only resistance left between him and the Kings Key in FKT, Aizen personally went in to end things with his own hands where he fell right into Yama-jis trap.

    If we consider that Aizen would try to counter Yama-ji’s zanpakuto with his zanpkuto, then we can say Yama-ji thoroughly out-manoeuvred Aizen in that regard. Personally when WW sealed Yamaji’s flames it was kind of an asspull when I saw it in the story.
    I personally feel pretty much the opposite to this - I felt the fact that Aizen rushed in and stabbed Yamamoto through the chest instead of (a) Casting a binding Kido first or (b) Just slicing his head off was very contrived, basically a plot device to showcase Yama's power. Given Aizen's ability, he was perfectly capable of either (a) or (b) mentioned above, so I don't believe for a second that Yama "caught him" for real.

    The logical explanation seems to be that Aizen wanted to be caught in order to humiliate Yama through outwitting him, as opposed to finishing him more quickly, which I think he was definitely capable of. It's not as though WW just appeared out of nowhere to save Aizen - he was created for this specific purpose, so to say that Aizen ever truly got caught by Yama is ludicrous. Aizen was in control the entire time. The only time I will concede that Aizen wasn't in complete control was when Yama used the arm sacrificing Hado against him, but this still proved not to be enough to come close to stopping him.


    Quote Originally Posted by SaintSheik View Post
    Anyway I'm leaning towards Yamamoto with some difficulty in this round. I think the fact that Aizen was injured by Shikai level abilities leaves the window opening of saying that if faced against the same amount of bankai abilities, he could eventually be destroyed.
    Yama only has access to what we know from him in this fight, so no Bankai.

    Quote Originally Posted by SaintSheik View Post
    I'm not sure the same could be said about Yamamoto. On top of that, this is against someone without using complete hypnosis or vast intellect..which is what Aizen is really known for. This is more like Yamamoto vs. Broly than anything else and while powerful, the Captain-Commander takes this one..IMHO~
    Aizen's intellect is still there, the only reason he was "careless" against Urahara and co is because he had gauged his and their abilities, and come to the conclusion that they could do nothing to destroy him, about which he seemed to be correct. Against an enemy who he thought had the potential to kill him, he would still be just as measured as Shinigami Aizen.
    Last edited by ShootToKill; May 16, 2011 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  15. #28
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,790
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    I don't think shinigami have a chance against aizen in this form. Even in this form aizen already had power which shinigami could not even perceive so I really do think aizen stands on a level higher than yamamoto. The fight would be hard enough for yama without aizen being in the middle of a transformation IMO.

  16. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  17. #29
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    296
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    I personally feel pretty much the opposite to this - I felt the fact that Aizen rushed in and stabbed Yamamoto through the chest instead of (a) Casting a binding Kido first or (b) Just slicing his head off was very contrived, basically a plot device to showcase Yama's power. Given Aizen's ability, he was perfectly capable of either (a) or (b) mentioned above, so I don't believe for a second that Yama "caught him" for real.
    How can it be contrived for Aizen not to have sliced off Yamamoto's head?

    How many shinigami/warriors has Aizen slashed? How many times did he slice off their heads?

    Yamamoto created a scenario in which Aizen could feel that he could critically injure Yamamoto up close, and personal. He wanted to see Yamamotos frustration and despair up close at how futile a position he was in....what he got from him instead - was a sly grin and a bleeding arm from the old man's fingertips.

    How does Aizen create something that seals th great powers of RJ which he has never analysed before? Im sure the only times he has even seen its flames is back in the SS arc. I think thats contrived.

    We cant say that Chrysalis Aizen will be more cautious against Yamamoto compared to Urahara...since he already considered Urahara to be his intellectual equal...or better? If he was so carefree against Urahara its not like he will be so crazy cautious against Yamamoto.

    He already underestimated Yamamoto in his base shingami form...with this new power what would be different?

  18. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Posts
    2,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamamoto vs Chrysalis Aizen

    Urahara said:

    In the old days you would of never dreamed of attacking me twice without a plan.


    Other than Urahara, Yama is the only one that warranted that type of attention. Aizen knew what he was doing when he attacked Yama. He was being careless because he had a plan (WW). Yama was threatening because of a very different reason than Urahara, his extreme offensive power. Aizen wouldn't be careless without good reason, if Yama's power was enough to warrant a serious effort from Chrysalis Aizen that's what he would get.

New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts