Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Espada win both scenarios

    9 36.00%
  • The Espada win scenario #1, but not scenario #2

    2 8.00%
  • Soul Society win both scenarios

    14 56.00%
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 78

Thread: Soul Society vs The Espada

  1. #16
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    Especially if RJ is negated, Barragan has the perfect defense against getting double boned a la Wonderweiss - his time stopping ability. If he can use it to avoid Soifon's attacks, he can do the same with Yama. Yama would then be no threat to Barragan, and wouldn't be able to evade Respira indefinitely.
    Ooooh, interesting idea. If by chance WW and Yama DID match up first, it could very well be the worst thing for SS, completely destroying Yama's chance at overwhelming Respira. Unless people think he's gonna just Reiatsu crush everyone even without his sword, and honestly I'm getting quite sick of that excuse for everything :P

  2. #17
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    São Paulo
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Ooooh, interesting idea. If by chance WW and Yama DID match up first, it could very well be the worst thing for SS, completely destroying Yama's chance at overwhelming Respira. Unless people think he's gonna just Reiatsu crush everyone even without his sword, and honestly I'm getting quite sick of that excuse for everything :P
    Yama may not be able to crush everyone with reiatsu (I don't think he can), but his kiddo could be a nice counter to respira
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

    http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games


  3. #18
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    622
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    Quote Originally Posted by leshrak View Post
    Yama may not be able to crush everyone with reiatsu (I don't think he can), but his kiddo could be a nice counter to respira
    Respira can age kido as well which is why Hachi's barriers were being destroyed.

  4. #19
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    São Paulo
    Country
    Brazil
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    Quote Originally Posted by Plyr88 View Post
    Respira can age kido as well which is why Hachi's barriers were being destroyed.
    I know that, but i put yama's kiddos far above hachi's, based on both experience and reiatsu
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

    http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games


  5. #20
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Trinidad
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    804
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    Round 1 is tough..Shunsui can take any of the espada except probably Barragan who would be tricky if he fights him at a distance...But i think that Shunsui would be able take him. The problem then is who will deal with Starrk....I cant see any of the captains dealing with him. Maybe Ukitake but if Starrk did release 1000 ceros could he dodge them? And can the wolves be absorbed. Round 1 would be very close. Captains would have experience on their side but the espada had some fearsome abilities....I think round 1 would be a tie or maybe it would go to the espada.

    Round 2 definitely goes to SS..Yama alone could probably take 1-6 b y himself. Add Kenpachi, Shunsui, Byakuya and Soifon and its pretty easy for SS...
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

  6. #21
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    622
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    Quote Originally Posted by leshrak View Post
    I know that, but i put yama's kiddos far above hachi's, based on both experience and reiatsu
    You're overrating Yama. Yama is a well-rounded fighter while Hachi specializes in this area. The only way I see Yama being "far above" is if Hachi was some low-level kidou fighter. He's not. He was second-in-command of the separate faction that focuses exclusively on kidou. That was 100 years ago. He's had 100 years to train in addition to his mask.

    Yea, I'd be surprised if Yama's kidou even came close to Hachi's kidou. Besides, no matter how strong it is, it still ages and respira ages it at a fast pace.


    Quote Originally Posted by vizardichigo View Post
    Round 2 definitely goes to SS..Yama alone could probably take 1-6 b y himself. Add Kenpachi, Shunsui, Byakuya and Soifon and its pretty easy for SS...
    I think you're confusing Espada with fraccion. First, I assume you mean 10-6. Second, since when has Yama shown the capability to take one 6 captain-levels by himself. Not to mention two of the captain-levels have hax abilities.
    Last edited by Plyr88; May 24, 2011 at 12:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  7. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  8. #22
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Calisto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    I'll respond to one post at a time if you don't mind Shoot to Kill.



    Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    What? Only Hitsugaya won his fight without Vaizard help in FKT.
    Last time I checked, we're talking about the Captains vs the Espada, not the Captains vs the Espada in FKT.




    Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    And basically every other Espada fight had an ability advantage in SS's favor.
    That's a pathetic excuse.



    Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    If Shunsui had never had Ukitake, Love, or Rose interfere, he would have had to have faced a shit ton of Ceros, as well as the wolves, he also wouldn't have had an easy opening to shank Stark in the back.
    Stark never even attempted to follow through with his attack against Shunsui even before the Vizards arrived.

    Deal with wolves and cero? The same way Shunsui dealed with the wolves and the ceros when Shunsui and Stark fought round 2? Oh wait, Stark didn't use either of them against Shunsui.




    Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    And by Shunsui's own words, he WOULD have gone into Bankai to combat him.

    Because some of Shunsui's shikai abilities were not working at the time, something that you've conveniently left out.

    And what's wrong with using his bankai? That's part of Shunsui's power, nothing cheap about that.



    Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Soi Fon was done. Barragan clearly won, and if not for Hachi and his incredibly lucky guess, Barragan would have gone on to kill many more.
    Yes, Barragan won fair and square. Soifon was completely outclassed.




    Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Hitsugaya also only won because he had time to use HH properly. We saw clearly that even Sealed Halibel was superior to Bankai Hitsugaya in CQC, so if he was unable to stalemate every long range attack, he'd get crushed up close.
    Really? Nice fanfiction there. What really happened was that a sealed Harribel was superior to Hitsugaya in CQC, however Hitsugaya was superior to Harribel in long range combat.


    When Hitsugaya started to lose in CQC, he made the smart move of turning it into a long range fight. Hitsugaya would get crushed up close huh?


    Spoiler show





    Oh will you look at that? That's Hitsugaya dodging a released Harribel's sword attack.


    Let me show you something else that's interesting, a panel of Harribel taunting Hitsugaya to fight her in CQC. Now why would Harribel taunt Hitsugaya to fight her in CQC, it's because she can't actually make Hitsugaya fight her in CQC, she's incapable of doing so. Also, why would Harribel insist on sending long range attacks when they were pretty much all useless, when she knows that she can defeat Hitsugaya in CQC? It's because she can't force him to fight in CQC because she's not strong enough. So really...what you're saying is just complete and utter nonsense.


    Spoiler show




    Quote Quote:
    Not to mention that WW is here, which makes HH basically irrelevant as long as he's around.
    Good for WW. That still doesn't change the fact that Hitsugaya is stronger than Harribel and that you're wrong.



    Quote Quote:
    That's not even counting the fact that SKY is a perfect counter to Amor,
    Wait so let me get this straight? Byakuya is apparently the perfect counter to Zommari, yet Barragan who has an ability that makes a CQC fighter like Soifon pretty much useless, yet you don't bring this up when you claim that Barragan was superior to Soifon.


    Wow...double standards if I ever saw them.....seriously I can smell the obvious bias coming from you....

    Byakuya killed Zommari because he was stronger than him just as how Barragan was stronger than Soifon, deal with it and stop making lame double standard excuses.




    Quote Quote:
    Mayuri and prep time is a perfect counter for Szayel, and Kenpachi is simply a better berserker than Noitora.
    Lol, in other words, both Mayuri and Kenpachi were stronger than there opponents. Nothing new.


    Quote Quote:
    Switch those 3 up, and the Espada can actually win fights.

    Lol, so basically the fact that you got to make changes and stuff pretty much admits that you're wrong. Nice concession brah.


    Quote Quote:
    With such a massive battle in this topic, anyone could fight anyone, and it's not so simple as "SS already won, therefore any combination is in their favor".

    That's nice. Too bad I never said anything about SS winning therefore what you're saying here it totally irrelevant.
    Last edited by Calisto; May 24, 2011 at 04:22 PM.

  9. #23
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Country
    Belgium
    Age
    26
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,270
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    If no plot devices or stuff then espada maybe both rounds imo.

    round 1 is stomp by barragan,starrk and harribel. maybe yammy full 0 release.

    only threat in round 2 is yamma but with WW to seal his zan he loses alot of his killing power. starrk could win him then .

    imo espada win first easily


    barely 2nd round

  10. #24
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,050
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    Quote Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
    Last time I checked, we're talking about the Captains vs the Espada, not the Captains vs the Espada in FKT.
    FKT still involved captains and Espada, and most importantly, the most powerful Espada. I don't see how me bringing that up is somehow invalid.


    Quote Quote:
    That's a pathetic excuse.
    Excuse? What? You're saying the captains had no matchup/plot advantages whatsoever? It was damn near every fight.


    Quote Quote:
    Stark never even attempted to follow through with his attack against Shunsui even before the Vizards arrived.

    Deal with wolves and cero? The same way Shunsui dealed with the wolves and the ceros when Shunsui and Stark fought round 2? Oh wait, Stark didn't use either of them against Shunsui.
    .......That was my point, he'd have to deal with more shit than he did in his actual fight, and wouldn't have an easy backstab chance, thus changing the way the fight would play out.



    Quote Quote:
    Because some of Shunsui's shikai abilities were not working at the time, something that you've conveniently left out.

    And what's wrong with using his bankai? That's part of Shunsui's power, nothing cheap about that.
    He also had a ridiculous advantage in the color game because of the free back attack he got. I'm not the only one that think Stark is better than Shunsui, it all goes back to the "things would have happened differently" thing.

    Also, I never said there's anything wrong with Bankai..





    Quote Quote:
    Really? Nice fanfiction there. What really happened was that a sealed Harribel was superior to Hitsugaya in CQC, however Hitsugaya was superior to Harribel in long range combat.


    When Hitsugaya started to lose in CQC, he made the smart move of turning it into a long range fight. Hitsugaya would get crushed up close huh?


    Spoiler show





    Oh will you look at that? That's Hitsugaya dodging a released Harribel's sword attack.
    He dodged one swing after he attacked her while she was talking to Yama, that clearly means he's vastly superior.


    Quote Quote:
    Let me show you something else that's interesting, a panel of Harribel taunting Hitsugaya to fight her in CQC. Now why would Harribel taunt Hitsugaya to fight her in CQC, it's because she can't actually make Hitsugaya fight her in CQC, she's incapable of doing so. Also, why would Harribel insist on sending long range attacks when they were pretty much all useless, when she knows that she can defeat Hitsugaya in CQC? It's because she can't force him to fight in CQC because she's not strong enough. So really...what you're saying is just complete and utter nonsense.


    Spoiler show
    I don't see how, Sealed Halibel was making Bankai Hitsugaya look like shit for one.

    http://www.mangareader.net/94-809-12...apter-355.html

    In her Sealed state she's completely unimpressed, it wasn't until her release that things became a stalemate, that much is obvious. Hitsugaya was in no way winning the fight prior to that.

    Quote Quote:
    Good for WW. That still doesn't change the fact that Hitsugaya is stronger than Harribel and that you're wrong.
    He screams, ice shatters. We've already seen proof that it IS that easy for WW to do, and Halibel is fully capable of staying alive even after being in the ice for a long time.




    Quote Quote:
    Wait so let me get this straight? Byakuya is apparently the perfect counter to Zommari, yet Barragan who has an ability that makes a CQC fighter like Soifon pretty much useless, yet you don't bring this up when you claim that Barragan was superior to Soifon.


    Wow...double standards if I ever saw them.....seriously I can smell the obvious bias coming from you....
    Why don't we list ability advantages then? I'll list the ones with obvious counters for SS, and you can do the same for the Espada, we'll see which one wins overwhelmingly.


    Quote Quote:
    Byakuya killed Zommari because he was stronger than him just as how Barragan was stronger than Soifon, deal with it and stop making lame double standard excuses.
    Yeah, that's right. Amor can take over body parts faster than Byakuya can move, but his win had NOTHING to do with SKY, just the fact that he was stronger



    Quote Quote:
    Lol, in other words, both Mayuri and Kenpachi were stronger than there opponents. Nothing new.
    Mayuri had prep time to replace his goddamn organs, and happens to have a bottle of "make your immortality worthless" on him. Kenpachi thrives against other CQC fighters, there's a reason he doesn't fight effective long range opponents like say, Halibel, because he'd lose.





    Quote Quote:
    Lol, so basically the fact that you got to make changes and stuff pretty much admits that you're wrong. Nice concession brah.

    Did you not read what this fight is? It's a massive team battle, which means anyone can fight anyone.. I'm sorry for being so ridiculous as to suggest that it's unlikely that everyone will fight the opponent they did in the manga in somehow the same situation with the same results.




    Quote Quote:
    That's nice. Too bad I never said anything about SS winning therefore what you're saying here it totally irrelevant.
    Do I have to quote you? Really? You had one post and made it perfectly clear how your logic works.

    Quote Quote:
    That's a cute excuse. The captains wrecked the Espada for the most part because they were in fact stronger than them and that's all there is to it.
    That's all there is to it. Doesn't sound like you were gonna follow up with anything else. Yet my words are irrelevant because you didn't specifically state that SS wins when it was heavily implied in one sentence? Please.

  11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
  12. #25
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Mayumura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    98
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    F



    Yeah, that's right. Amor can take over body parts faster than Byakuya can move, but his win had NOTHING to do with SKY, just the fact that he was stronger
    Amor can be blocked with Danku, deal with it.

  13. #26
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    71
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    Quote Quote:
    Kenpachi vs Grimmjow: If Kenpachi fights Grimmjow instead of Nnoitra, he won't be as seriously injured after his fight as he was against Nnoitra so he will still be able to assist his fellow captains.
    He wouldn't get any injuries from Grimmjow. He is shit tier, so Zaraki owns him, and helps out the others.

  14. #27
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kugo Ginjo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Welcome to our Xcution
    Country
    Marshall Islands
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    177
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    Quote Originally Posted by Truu View Post
    He wouldn't get any injuries from Grimmjow. He is shit tier, so Zaraki owns him, and helps out the others.
    And Nnoitra being one rank higher then Grimmjow isn't shit tier?

    Grimmjow is a bad opponent for Kenpachi, he has ranged attacks and good speed, while Nnoitra was mainly a CQC beast.

    Kenpachi would win but not without getting heavily injured, and lol @ claiming that Grimmjow couldn't hurt Kenpachi.

  15. #28
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    311
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    Quote Originally Posted by Mayumura View Post
    Amor can be blocked with Danku, deal with it.
    It can be blocked with Danku. So if Byakuya would win all scenarios because he's stronger why the hell did I see him get hit with the first two Amors?

  16. #29
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    622
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    The logic used by some posters is baffling. I remember when the Byakuya and Zomari fight first came about. Zomari dodged all of Byakuya's attacks (even the sneak kidou attack through his haori) and Byakuya dodged Zomari's attacks (he barely dodged the last one as he had to use a replacement technique to get away while all Zomari used was his sonido).

    So they dodged each other's attacks...yet Byakuya is faster? Uhm what? :lol

    It also is funny that people think "oh, since this guy won in the manga, he would win 100% of the time in any other situation against that other guy."

    If that were the case, when a sports team beats one sports team, why is it that there are times where the opposite happens and the other sports team wins?

    But, this is moot as this is a brawl, not one-on-one. IT'S NOT THE SAME!

    But ponder this scenario for a while:

    ***The battle begins. Szayel is behind his Espada comrades to buy him a few seconds in order to release...and then spray the whole flippin' field with his cloning goo. If he hits any of the captains...GREAT!! If he hits his Espada comrades...GREAT!! If it's only one group he gets or both, his side automatically gets stronger because they acquire more fighters.***

  17. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
  18. #30
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,496
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

    All I know is that Starrk would solo Yamamoto. I've seen nothing from the old man that would lead me to believe he'd survive 50 of the wolves. And before people bring up EJ, that was his own bloody attack. You'd have to be pretty fucking lame to get offed by your own technique (which he nearly did).

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts