Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Espada win both scenarios

9 36.00%
  • The Espada win scenario #1, but not scenario #2

2 8.00%
  • Soul Society win both scenarios

14 56.00%
New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Soul Society vs The Espada

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Soul Society vs The Espada

ESG you need to come talk about your favorite character Wonderweiss in this thread

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

While I think it's way too harsh to say that Stark could take Yama, it's nice to see someone not saying he could take everyone in the damn manga, as it seems to be the popular opinion..

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What real hype does he have, anyways?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd say he has some legit hype.

He took on Shunsui and Ukitake, who both received injuries while he was unscathed. Ukitake even talks about the fear of seeing his Zan release.

He trapped Gin, Tousen, and Aizen in a Shikai attack. While is arguable that Aizen may have been able to get out, Gin's reaction makes it seem like they couldn't.

He punched a powerful Arrancar with insane HSR to death.

Apparently his attack was powerful enough to kill Aizen. And by Aizen's own words, is more powerful. (doesn't mean he'd win though)

He's the CC.

His hype is all based around what you think of the people he's faced I guess. I still think Barragan would take him.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No I mean, what hype does he have to suggest he'd take on the whole damn manga?

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CeroOskuraz View Post
    No I mean, what hype does he have to suggest he'd take on the whole damn manga?

Oh lol

Uhh, Aizen said he's better than all the Espada, Aizen said Yama is more powerful, therefore, Yama solos the Espada.

I've heard the logic more times than I care to count.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That was definitely a mistranslation =/

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    While I think it's way too harsh to say that Stark could take Yama, it's nice to see someone not saying he could take everyone in the damn manga, as it seems to be the popular opinion..
    So it's "way too harsh" to say Starrk could take him but not Barragan? I know you put Barragan above Starrk (which I don't) but I didn't think you that he was that much better.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    So it's "way too harsh" to say Starrk could take him but not Barragan? I know you put Barragan above Starrk (which I don't) but I didn't think you that he was that much better.
    Stark is good and all, hell, if all the Espada were as tough as him, SS would have been boned like Hitsugaya thought. Still, Barragan has two things here, hax, and the speed at which that hax travels. It's faster than Soi Fon, and while I think Yama is faster than Soi Fon, I doubt it's by very much. So I think Respira can catch Yama, and he sure as hell can't tank it in my mind. I don't know what to think of the wolves though, they were powerful, but I don't think he could produce 50 like you suggested.

Assuming he can though, the wolves are still an attack, with a certain level of power that Yama may or may not be able to destroy (like Rose seemingly did) or at least tank a fair amount. Respira on the other hand is one touch on the body or head and you're DEFINITELY fucked. Barragan is easily one of the most dangerous guys in the manga IMO, and if you can't combat his hax with even more hax, then you're pretty much done.

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Were all reading the story in different ways. I don't see how Aizen is greater than all the espada. If he was why'd he make em? Bring em, use em, gather em etc.? And the confusion over 'the lot of you' is funny. here's what I found-http://www.wordnik.com/words/you%20lot it's not the whole of you together but rather all of you, each of you, the lot of you.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Problem is though, "the lot of you" is simply a translation. Translation isn't so cut and dry that one interpretation is exactly right. So you can't really pick out one English translation and say anything definitive about it when there's so much fluctuation in the interpretation. The exceptions obviously being the kinds of words that are completely direct, and I have no idea what Aizen said in Japanese, but I'd imagine that line wasn't like that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    , but I don't think he could produce 50 like you suggested.
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-31119-...apter-372.html

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well. I just got owned

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally believe that Yama is overhyped somewhat, but if Love and Rose can tank as many as they did and still be on their feet, Yama (who admittedly has displayed the most impressive tanking feat im Bleach) can tank a lot more. Starrk however has not shown much on the durbaility scale compared to Barragan, who has an impressive tanking feat on his own.

Besides, if Yama was capable using Double Bone on WW before he could escape, who's to say he couldn't do the same to Starrk - I wouldn't expect Starrk to have any better speed than WW. His durability would be if anything worse imo, and he doesn't have HSR. My personal opinion is that, despite the fact that he is probably one of the most powerful characters in Bleach, Yama would destroy him without much difficulty.

Barragan on the other hand has his time stopping ability as a defense against attacks such as Double Bone, and Respira, which unlike Starrk's wolves, can't under any circumstances be tanked.

The only character who can defeat Yama consistently in my opinion is Aizen, and Barragan comes in second. He would have to act pretty fast, and preferably not let his arrogance get the better of him, but he could achieve a victory. No one else at the moment would be capable of killing him imo, with the possible exception of Gin if he was given the opportunity early on before Yama got serious.
    Last edited by ShootToKill; May 27, 2011 at 12:07 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    I personally believe that Yama is overhyped somewhat, but if Love and Rose can tank as many as they did and still be on their feet, Yama (who admittedly has displayed the most impressive tanking feat im Bleach) can tank a lot more. Starrk however has not shown much on the durbaility scale compared to Barragan, who has an impressive tanking feat on his own.
    Love and Rose didn't get hit with that many. Less than 10 for sure, and there was two of them, and they had their masks on the first time. Now if you think Yamamoto is a 5x better tank than they are then you're also guilty of over-hyping.

Quote Quote:
    Besides, if Yama was capable using Double Bone on WW before he could escape, who's to say he couldn't do the same to Starrk
    Dude, WW didn't even try to move. He stood there shocked at the fact that he couldn't injure the old man, and Yamamoto just double-boned his awe-struck ass. Starrk is a million times more agile, and more importantly he's not retarded. Quite the opposite in fact.

Quote Quote:
    - I wouldn't expect Starrk to have any better speed than WW. His durability would be if anything worse imo, and he doesn't have HSR. My personal opinion is that, despite the fact that he is probably one of the most powerful characters in Bleach, Yama would destroy him without much difficulty.
    Lack of HSR doesn't mean poor durability (likewise having it doesn't mean good durability [my opinion WW's sucked]). I doubt a numeros would have the same durability as the primera espada, especially considering Starrk's reiatsu. He's the only one who would kill weaker hollows just by being around them, and this was even before becoming an an arrancar. Starrk got hit by Tengumaru and was relatively uninjured. I honestly don't see any of the top espada, or even Grimmjow, being taken out so easily by an unarmed punch. Technically WW couldn't even handle single-bone.

Quote Quote:
    Barragan on the other hand has his time stopping ability as a defense against attacks such as Double Bone, and Respira, which unlike Starrk's wolves, can't under any circumstances be tanked.
    True but honestly I think it's harder to stop the wolves than it is respira. Yamamoto's flames could possibly slow down/counter the respira. Each one of the wolves regenerate from damage and will actually relentlessly chase you down at great speeds from many different directions. They all seem sentient and will even ambush you by hiding in rubble. Yamamoto may be faster than Love and Rose, but even while masked they weren't even close to being able to outrun them. That being said, I do think Barragan could possibly take the old man too, it's just that Starrk to me seems overall deadlier when he's serious. The only character I can see reliably soloing Starrk is Aizen. Shinji would be another contender but admittedly sakanade doesn't totally ruin Starrk's chances the way KS does. Starrk was the epitome of hollow.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; May 27, 2011 at 01:22 AM.

New Reply
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast