Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/20/14 - 10/26/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 516 (2) , Bleach 602 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the first master to lose?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Who will be the first master to lose?

As the title says, what Ryouzanpaku master will be the first to legitimately lose a fight against one of the remaining OSNF's?

I personally think, despite how awesome he is, Sakaki will be the first to lose. He's going to face off against Akira soon, but he's also got Silcardo Jenezad to worry about, and as we know, he gave the Elder some trouble too.

Looking at the Elder, it's highly possible he hasn't lost much of his former strength, and I think we can all agree that the Elder would beat any of the Ryouzanpaku masters.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will be the first master to lose?

Yes i have some bad feeling about Sakaki too....but to be honest...i think the one who will die is Elder(and the only one in fact)...yes yes,he didn't ever lost a fight(or atleast he says so,haha) but that mean nothin...the rules of shounen demands the most powerful and older character to die,so the younger can take their place (nonono,i didnt read to much Naruto....well..yes i did,but thats not it <.<' )

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this manga is not about the younger gen. to take their master's place. Its abt. the best disciple. How the masters fare against each other that is future to tell, but the disciple will remain the disciple.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hayato is the only one who is guaranteed to lose. The author has been hinting for a long time now that one of Kenichi's masters will fall in battle and Hayato is #1 on that list because of his relation to Miu.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourab View Post
    I think this manga is not about the younger gen. to take their master's place. Its abt. the best disciple. How the masters fare against each other that is future to tell, but the disciple will remain the disciple.
    The "Kenichi will forever remain a disciple" theory was jossed a long time ago. Kenichi is now in the Expert-class, which is a tier below Master-class. The level of credible opposition will no longer be Disciple-class.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bittman's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think any of the masters will die, bit over-dramatic in my opinion. Might be a lot of close calls, but death I doubt.

Losing on the other hand. I expect more close battles like Apachi vs Agaard, but it's hard to imagine any of the Masters losing.

If I had to pick one though, it would be Shigure. I can see her semi-losing against a strong OSNF which forces Akisame to step in. Even then, it's a little stretch of the imagination, but I often see Shigure as the weakest of the Kenichi's masters only based upon years of experience (though honestly Apachi might be? They appear of similar age).

Beyond that. Can't imagine Hayato falling. I don't see the guarantee at all to be honest. I mean, it's the Legendary Superman. Anything stronger than him would be scary. If the author wants to get rid of Hayato, he'll probably just send him on a round the world trip again. I see that as likely compared to him dying.

In the history of this manga, Kenichi will not rise into Master territory, for if he does then he no longer has a need to train with his masters, and there goes 75% of the story's basis. A master falling in my mind has the same affect. Unless Kenichi had mastered a style, if he grew further without one of his masters he would be naturally weak there. So it's a catch-22. The story would fall if Kenichi becomes a Master, but would also fall if he did not have the potential to be a Master of all learned styles.

Sorry readers: taking a break from my One Piece reviews. Though I love doing them, One Piece Reviews are actually not near the top of my to-do list. Perhaps one day I'll return and do them properly.

Spoiler: My one current One Piece prediction show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I just don't think Hayato is going to die anytime soon .
    He has to pass on his 108 secret techniques to Kenichi .
    The only possibility I can think of for him to die would be after the YOMI arc where there is peace and HSD Kenichi get a makeover to HSM Kenichi or something [Put in 5 years of time gap there] .

If I had to choose , I'd say everyone of the Masters except Hayato will be defeated by the same guy [by plot I m guessing Miu's dad] after which Hayato will teach Keni another secret move and they will combo defeat opposing master and deciple [I m gonna guess for Miu to somehow get entangled into becoming his deciple for a more dramatic fight]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Elder will fight Saiga and lose but not die. I love all 6 masters so I can't bear to think that any of them might die.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I want Akisame to lose because nobody thinks he can lose since he's a genius at fighting...yea i want someone to bring him down and i want Shigure to fight one of OSNF and win.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zoro #1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the elder gonna die this easily, I was thinking more along the line that he would pass down his secret fighting styles to Kenichi, but I guess for now its out of question.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Moldova
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Elder is at least 200 years old maybe more , he fought against 500 hundred martial at once an won , I don't think there isn't anyone in this universe who can defeat him , and I don't think Ryozanpaku masters will lose !!!

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm going to resurrect this thread, again, but can we say that Apachai was the first master to lose? I mean, to be honest, he really didn't win that fight. He came back to life out of pure PIS, and Agaard gave him the win for it. If we ignore that part, even though Agaard counted it as a tie, I'd think that one guy dying and the other living is more of a victory.

If not, then meh. I'd say Hongo ends up being the first one to die if we can count him as a "good guy" right now.
    Last edited by Zatono; May 02, 2012 at 12:11 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Apachai and Agard kinda agreed on having fought to a draw? With Apachai having sustained the heavier injuries due to Agard going for the kill with his attacks but a draw nonetheless or even all the more ?

As for Hongo dying, let's not go there, I am beginning to like the guy and if I remember correctly this cannot possibly happen as Hongo and Sakaki still have to settle their little contest which Jenazad interrupted - as such one might even argue currently Hongo has plotarmor

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I would say that Apachai lost because while Agaard was left motionless, Apachai was dying from his injuries.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that any of the masters will die. Though that might make Kenichi snap into focus. I do believe that Hongo will die. With that said I would then like to see Sakaki fight junezad and die as well. Because then at least they were both defeated by the same guy. In a way there last fight although a loss. Means that they were so evenly matched it was a push each time they fought.

My vote is that it will be Sakaki. Though after seeing how fast the one shadow was wow Kenichi needs to get on that speed thing. Back to the on shadow, he might kill his father for interfering. Also as a note I know the maters are fighting masters. And the disciples are fighting disciples. But in order for Kenichi to honestly protect Miu then he needs to "beat" her dad. Or be able to bet her dad. From my perspective tht will never happen. Unless there is a time gap and hey do call HSMaster. Eh, oh well

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Apachai DID NOT LOSE !!!! it is true he was the first to fall, but Agaard quickly collapsed seconds later thus concluding the fight was a draw because both fighters were unable to remain standing. Shortly afterward Apachai somehow rose from the dead and got back up while Agaard could not stand up due to his severe injuries....so it was Apachai's win this cannot be disputed.

As for the first master to lose? I still want it to be Akisame(due to my own selfish reasons), but lately I'm inclined to think that Sakaki will be the first Ryozanpaku master to lose. If Sakaki gets the unfortunate chance to fight any master more powerful than Akira then he will definitely lose IMO
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast