Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The Y-Gun

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The Y-Gun

I always wondered why only Katou was really using that weapon. The trapping doesn't always work but the sending. He can atleast stun the enemy with the trapping and then he has enough time to send him up.

So why bother with High-Weapons like H-gun? Sure, they kick ass in a certain area of effect but the sending is instant kill.

Care to discuss?

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member York's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Y-Gun

Well some aliens, like the ones he's seen during the Osaka mission, are too strong or big to be held by the trap-wire, so they can't be sent. And you could probably argue that other weapons are faster or cover a larger area of damage.
    Spoiler show

The Y-gun seems pretty effective on some enemies, and when it does work it can be a one shot thing.
    But for other situations, such as dealing with huge amounts of hostiles, explosions and straight damage from the X/H guns and swords can seem to be more of a sure thing.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it necessary to trap-wire someone to send him?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, everyone they've ever sent with that gun had to be trap-wired first, why use it otherwise?
    I'm pretty sure the top trigger's for locking on. It looks like both triggers are pulled to shoot a wire, and then the bottom sends them.
    Last edited by York; May 17, 2011 at 04:11 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rye's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And remember, Katou wasn't all for "killing" enemies if he does not need to. I guess he use the Y-Gun as another alternative without actually killing them himself. (oh the irony if where ever they are sent to is worst than death) lol.
    Last edited by Rye; May 17, 2011 at 05:55 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Nishi also uses it.

One of the problems with the Y-gun is that enemies similar to Nuri or the shape-shifting Oni is that they can apparently 'shift' their body in such a way as to let the wires pass straight through them.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    And remember, Katou wasn't all for "killing" enemies if he does not need to. I guess he use the Y-Gun as another alternative without actually killing them himself. (oh the irony if where ever they are sent to is worst than death) lol.
    That would be depressing. lol

Kato: I only killed when I had to, I used the trap gun!
    Gantz: Actually that gun breaks the target down as toner and raw materials, to make equipment and people I scan in here. ^^
    Kato: D:

Quote Originally Posted by Damura View Post
    Nishi also uses it.

One of the problems with the Y-gun is that enemies similar to Nuri or the shape-shifting Oni is that they can apparently 'shift' their body in such a way as to let the wires pass straight through them.
    Heh, I think Nishi only used it in case Kei wanted to take the shot.

And like I said with that other monster in Osaka too; the trap-wires not indestructible.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Damura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^
    Quote Originally Posted by York View Post
    Heh, I think Nishi only used it in case Kei wanted to take the shot.

And like I said with that other monster in Osaka too; the trap-wires not indestructible.
    True I guess. But would you use the Y-gun if you had two H-guns?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Erwin Rommel's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

The Y-Gun is not only slower but it also requires you to lock on to your target.
    So first you have to lock on, then you can shoot and then you have to wait for the slow-ass wires to wriggle around it's target.
    The wire projectile is dodgeable and destroyable and if you face an opponent strong enough to break it or fast enough to outrun it or maybe even just send a faster projectile than you then it's bye bye. So a pretty risky weapon for the user who only thinks about his own life.

You could always use the Y-Gun for some sort of diversion. Doesn't sound too shabby but would you carry around unnecessary weight like that when you got devastating alternatives and need to be as agile and flexible as possible at any time? Very niche weapon.

New Reply