Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankee-kun To Megane-Chan by YOSHIKAWA Miki

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Boz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yankee-kun To Megane-Chan by YOSHIKAWA Miki

TITLE: Yankee-kun To Megane-chan
    MANGAKA: Yoshikawa Miki
    PUBLISHED IN: Kodansha's Weekly Shonen Magazine (Air Gear, Fairy Tail, Zetsubo Sensei, Tsubasa, etc.)

SUMMARY: Shinagawa Daichi (short tempered and lazy) is a high school delinquent who just wants to be left alone. However, class rep Adachi Hana (not particularly bright, but sweet) will stop at nothing to get him to go on the upcoming Social Studies field trip. What are her true motives behind getting a "yankee" like Shinagawa to go on such a thing?

+ + + + +

WHERE CAN I GET IT?: One Manga has the three prologues and up to chapter 5 located here, and chapter 6 has just been released by Mahou-X on MH.

+ + + + +

I want to know if anyone's enjoying this relatively undiscovered WSM find as much as I am. Yes, it's typical shonen "straight-man plus idiot" high school slice of life, but I'm finding the humor really fresh, and there's a spark of sincerity to to both Adachi's, often misguided, attempts to be there for her fellow classmates and Shinagawa's obvious crush and softhearted nature that reminds a lot of GTO. I really like Yoshikawa's way of drawing his SD "horrified" faces as well, it been a while since I've laughed at something purely because of the way it was drawn, especially in something as mainstream as a WSM release.

Any thoughts?

"The world is maintained in each generation through the merit of thirty-six hidden saints." - Moshe Meiselman / Mahou-X Scanlations

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member barbapapa's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yankee-kun To Megane-Chan by YOSHIKAWA Miki

It was okay.
    You can really see Yoshikawa used to be an assistant of Hiro Mashima, though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Boz's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true. Happens to me often when his characters have their mouths wide open during panels, the facial expressions are really uncannily similar.

"The world is maintained in each generation through the merit of thirty-six hidden saints." - Moshe Meiselman / Mahou-X Scanlations

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kyuzo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    That's true. Happens to me often when his characters have their mouths wide open during panels, the facial expressions are really uncannily similar.
    Not really "uncanny," he was an assistant to Mashima after all.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I do like this series. I'm really surprised that it's in a shounen magazine but it's good. i'm eager to see the characters grow. i'd really like to see shinigawa and adaichi make a go of things so that he's not swept up in the madness in the same way, but i'm pretty sure it'd ruin the story, perhaps it's just right that there's sexual tension there. i'm really not sure about izumi though, i don't feel he has a real place in the group and his constant arguments with shinigawa are tiresome and annoying. i feel that chiba is a great character and his role is done to perfection, never too far into the mix but not just a side character either, however i can't say the same for himeji. she just doesn't seem to have a role. her introduction was horrible and from there out, she's just been annoying.

what i will say is that the current structure is quite worrisome, having peaked at the raw for 97, it would seem as though the cast has been doubled and i can't help but feel that the author is already struggling with only four members.

that said, i'm a fan and i will continue to watch the story unfold.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Dampier's Avatar
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

i like also, but why it's translating so slow?(( we have 36 chaps translated on english, but there is more than 100 chaps ((
    i have volums from 5 to 8 but i dunno japanese (damn it!!)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member CaptFamous's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I love this story. The gag aspects are hilarious, especially the tough faces and the are on Adachi when she does something stupid.
    I aint the only one who's serious

Translator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Tanequil's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This series is hilariously funny... XD. I love it.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Lithuania
    Post Thanks / Like

This manga was my true love from the first sight (sp?). Though I never got those school/ slice-of-life/etc kinds of mangas, this one I liked. Well, no. I loved it! Everything about it.
    Shinagawa is just adorable - who cannot like such a lazy jerk. And when you add Adachi, th manga becomes almost complete. Nothing stops this madness hurricane
    And there isn't much to add to it

P.S.: too bad - only Mahou-X scanlate it, and at a horrible pace, they're like a 90 chapters behind. Though, their effort is still appriciated. Oh well.
    P.P.S.: checked the volume RAWS. It seems, the overall hilarity continues. But the ocean vacation arc is almost over. Still, looking forward to new releases

Upd.: So, chapter 37 is up! Resort arc ends. It seems the shool councils always consist of monsters Akagi's a beast
    Last edited by Aikyet; March 31, 2009 at 11:52 AM.

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wade69's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aikyet View Post
    This manga was my true love from the first sight (sp?). Though I never got those school/ slice-of-life/etc kinds of mangas, this one I liked. Well, no. I loved it! Everything about it.
    Shinagawa is just adorable - who cannot like such a lazy jerk. And when you add Adachi, th manga becomes almost complete. Nothing stops this madness hurricane
    And there isn't much to add to it

P.S.: too bad - only Mahou-X scanlate it, and at a horrible pace, they're like a 90 chapters behind. Though, their effort is still appriciated. Oh well.
    P.P.S.: checked the volume RAWS. It seems, the overall hilarity continues. But the ocean vacation arc is almost over. Still, looking forward to new releases

Upd.: So, chapter 37 is up! Resort arc ends. It seems the shool councils always consist of monsters Akagi's a beast
    stfu do you want us to release it slower? and if you noticed we didn't start this manga when it first came out... it was already out a year before anyone touched it.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wade69 View Post
    stfu do you want us to release it slower? and if you noticed we didn't start this manga when it first came out... it was already out a year before anyone touched it.
    Calm down and don't threaten your supporters! I'm sure we're all just as frustrated at the pace as each other. You guys can only go as fast as is humanly possible given your resources and the fans are excited because of the work that you guys do. You've picked up an awesome series and we're all grateful for that as well as the work that goes into bringing them out in such quality. Impatience is silly but it gets to all of us at one point or another.
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.onemanga.com/Yankee-kun_t...ne-chan/32/20/

q28 for the hiro mashima comparrison

Scanlator 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member wade69's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Miki used to be Hiro mashimas assistant.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wade69 View Post
    Thank you very much for translating it. I don't know what I would do without this series. It just makes me laugh so hard that sometimes I think I'm going to cry. Not many things do that now a days, so thank you for helping to make my life better through the power of laughter.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member LNsu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Love this manga, but it does definitely feel more like a light read without too much thought into the plot. I enjoy reading it, but I don't anticipate the next chapters or how the story would go if it rears towards the end. The characters are cool and together they are quite balanced, however, it seems like the manga is becoming less about them and more about others. The sense of humor in this manga really suits me and I'm never disappointed with how the arcs unfold. That being said, it still is a rather light manga for me.
    As time passes, the day will come when everything will fade to memories.
    But those miraculous days will continue, revolving forever, in my heart as my bittersweet memory.

New Reply
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast