Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why does Satan want Rin?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member l3gitimat3's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Why does Satan want Rin?

rin was created to be a vessel for satan, right? i was reading a summary and it said, "Rin is the son of Satan created to be a vessel powerful enough to allow Satan to join to human world by possessing him. Rin however opposes his fathers plan and became an exorcist."

so is satan trying to possess rin? can demons even possess other demons?
    Icon made by me!~

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread

Quote Originally Posted by l3gitimat3 View Post
    rin was created to be a vessel for satan, right? i was reading a summary and it said, "Rin is the son of Satan created to be a vessel powerful enough to allow Satan to join to human world by possessing him. Rin however opposes his fathers plan and became an exorcist."

so is satan trying to possess rin? can demons even possess other demons?
    Well maybe he can possess Rin's human side since its the most prominent one till now...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ao no Exorcist Hangout Thread

Demons can possess anything in Assiah, normally they can't possess other demons because most demons are still technically in Gehenna when possessing someone or something.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why does Satan want Rin?

Rin's body belongs to Assiah and since satan said himself his biggest problem is lack of substance that can contain him, well, it's pretty clear why he wants to capture Rin. He wants to possess his body to be able to stay in Assiah longer and do whatever he pleases. Making Rin join his side seems plausible too, he's got great power after all and could act for his father.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My biggest issue with the idea that Satan wants Rin for his Assiah body is why did Satan try to drag Rin back to Gehenna with him? Would the Gehenna Gate have preserved his body or destroyed it? Satan mentioned he had to destroy Kurikara first so that Rin could return, I had thought that was because Rin needed to be a demon for some reason to survive the trip to Gehenna.

So I instead thought that Satan wanted to use Rin as his pawn to control Assiah indirectly. But this wouldn't serve Satan's megalomania. Perhaps later, there will be some way to separate Rin's Assiah body from his demon heart/powers, and it will be a key plot point.

But l3git mentions a point, can demons possess other demons? I don't think so, but I wonder if the stronger demon can force out another from a vessel in Assiah.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

Rather than possessing Rin he could be just experimenting seeing how he would do in Assaih and now maybe wants him to go back in Gehanna to see how he copes?
    Like a mad scientist of sort only he might have chosen Rin as his
    1- successor who will rule both Assaih and Gehanna
    2-weaopan which will allow him to also rule Assaih not only Gehanna, maybe he'll do a switching of bodies with Rin or something, he's powerful he might know how to

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by earthforge View Post
    My biggest issue with the idea that Satan wants Rin for his Assiah body is why did Satan try to drag Rin back to Gehenna with him?
    Yeah, I thought about it too. Later Mephisto tells Amaimon to inform satan that he's raising Rin under his wings, so I assume satan is interested in making Rin join the dark side, either by himself in Gehenna or through Mephisto whom he seems to trust.
    So maybe satan gave up looking for a container and wants to rule over Assiah using Rin as his pawn.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I assume that Satan decided not to grab Rin for now because he was convinced by Mephisto that the latter is going to train him to become stronger and use his demon flames properly.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ibi's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    Yeah, I thought about it too. Later Mephisto tells Amaimon to inform satan that he's raising Rin under his wings, so I assume satan is interested in making Rin join the dark side, either by himself in Gehenna or through Mephisto whom he seems to trust.
    So maybe satan gave up looking for a container and wants to rule over Assiah using Rin as his pawn.
    No, i still think Mephisto is a good guy, well, on the good guys side anyway, i think he was trying to make them jealous when mephisto said something about "tell your brothers, im raising him under my wing", it was something like that, but i think it was more of a threat if anything
    Imagine trying to keep up with these two!!!!!!

hahhaa

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibi View Post
    No, i still think Mephisto is a good guy, well, on the good guys side anyway, i think he was trying to make them jealous when mephisto said something about "tell your brothers, im raising him under my wing", it was something like that, but i think it was more of a threat if anything
    I too think Mephisto is a good guy and a double agent. His goal is (for now) similar to what the Order wants to achieve.

I can't find this page in the manga, but when he tells that to Amaimon in canon he wanted him to send this message to satan himself. So I never thought of him fighting with other children of satan. But you may have a point here.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if u have ver watched hte past 2-3 seasons of Supernatural , you will understand this plot a lot better . To me it seems like Rin is Sam [Sam had those powers though they weren't releated to Satan , but he was his vessel] and he is being guided by his elder brother who is a mangafication of Dean .

I had heard Supernatural was having a anime made , maybe this a spin-off ??

Anyways , it seems that Satan is suppose to able to take over pretty much any body he wants , but cant take over that of Rin because of the part Demon factor in him . I m guessing its that part Satan wants to replace for himself .

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bhoot:

A. Katou Kazue's "Blue Exorcist" is NOT a spinoff of Supernatural. For the record, not every demon-exorcising story with brothers is a spinoff of Supernatural!

B. Incorrect. Satan CAN'T possess anyone. Each vessel in Assiah falls apart - Satan cannot exist in Assiah. Rin's unique in that he has all of Satan's powers, theoretically as strong as Satan, but he does exist in Assiah.

And again, Rin is a demon. If he was a half-demon, his powers would reflect it - he wouldn't be as theoretically strong as Satan.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

A. Everyone knows that Ao no Exorcist is a D.Gray-man combined with Harry Potter. just kidding. It's more like alternate version of Arago kidding Although anime shows strong resemblance to Sailor Moon no, really
    I still don't feel like I missed something by not watching Supernatural.

B. So technically satan can possess anyone, but for a very short time. Only father Fujimoto was strong-willed enough to protect himself from possession.

C. I'm sure that even if Rin had all of satan powers he still couldn't use them all in his assiah body.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A. Oh, you're waaay off! Ao no Ex is REALLY a new rewrite of Neon Genesis Evangelion!

B. True, but effectively it's useless to Satan. Only 3 min in Assiah tops? Good enough for dropping in on some "happy time" for the woman to conceive Rin and Yukio, good enough to try to get his son into Gehenna.

C. Possibly, but again, Gehenna and Assiah aren't mutually exclusive. Beings from Gehenna can't influence Assiah without overlapping an object in Assiah. This allows for Rin to have all the powers of Satan and yet have a body uniquely his because of his parents.

So, what would Satan do once he had Rin?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i'm going with the whole idea of satan just using rin as his pawn. because if his real goal was to possess rin why wouldn't he have already done it. not only that but there have been two times where it was suggested that rin was going to join satan's side not be his vessel.

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast