Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Why does Satan want Rin?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Micronesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why does Satan want Rin?

Even though the thought of Rin possessing another human is interesting... i don't think it'll happen. Demons possess things from Assiah in order to 'exist' there. Since Rin already lives in Assiah, he has no need to do that.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with phio, I don't believe Rin is a half-demon. It has been explicitly stated several times that he is a demon and has the power to kill Satan (he is a weapon). I believe that he is equally matched in raw power with Satan. Satan has more experience and control over other demons. Rin has creativity that hasn't been dimmed by a thousand years of existence and trust in others.

So I think Rin and Satan will be matched in the end, but his colleagues will be part of the turning point.

I agree with R4N, Rin already has a body of his own in Assiah, he has no need to possess anything in Assiah.

Anya, I think you mean mitosis, not osmosis. I think two demons go at it, they produce offspring - and that's where Mephisto and Amaimon came from. Because they are products of Satan and a lesser demon, they are less powerful and have a totally different set of powers.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member candy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

what bugs me is that it has been stated previously that there were other children that were the product of both a human mother and a demon father, so besides that rin is probably the strongest of all these children and the fact that he has satan's blue flames, what makes him different then the rest....plus Amaimon said when will rin JOIN satan (and mephisto but were under the impression that amaimon doesn't know mephisto has his own plans in mind) and that implies that rin will willingly join satan. there has to be something to that and maybe it has do with when rin's sword will be broken....

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by candy View Post
    what bugs me is that it has been stated previously that there were other children that were the product of both a human mother and a demon father, so besides that rin is probably the strongest of all these children and the fact that he has satan's blue flames, what makes him different then the rest....plus Amaimon said when will rin JOIN satan (and mephisto but were under the impression that amaimon doesn't know mephisto has his own plans in mind) and that implies that rin will willingly join satan. there has to be something to that and maybe it has do with when rin's sword will be broken....
    So far I think that has not been stated on the anime (yeah, I only watch anime) so I can't comment on that. But I think what Amaimon said about joining Satan would not mean that he would willingly join Satan, considering how much he hated Satan and kept saying about "kicking Satan's ass". No idea if later on there would be some kind of turning point in which he has to join Satan under certain conditions.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I believe that Mephisto has some back plot for this because well I think that if Rins body grows stronger by training to become an exorcist and possibly to know every thing for exorcist to know since if Rin becomes paladin he will know everything about exorcists and such so if that happens and Satan takes over his body then he would know all the back plans they have againts Satan so yeah it would be playing sure

New Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3