Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Popularity Problems: What is wrong with Yu Kanda?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RoyalLush's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Popularity Problems: What is wrong with Yu Kanda?

I love Yu and Vegeta. My roomie is also a Vegata fan (with matching personality traits). There's nothing wrong with him, but I think you'd be a bit weary of close ties when you're not exactly alive anymore. Even though he's pissy, he still gets worried about other people and get soooooo emo when he's called Yu by Lavi.

Then again I have this big YuXLavi thing going on so, eh.

There is a cover art somewhere in the earlier chapters with Yu in not so hostile normal clothes with his hair down <3

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member haya5h1's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

This one?:3
    Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Bassment's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

@royallush
    OMG. Love your icon.
    (Sorry this is off-topic)

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Darklight0303's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Mad Re: Popularity Problems: What is wrong with Yu Kanda?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanda_luver View Post
    This is all bullshit. You should just admit that you are jealous. Why don't you just stop this idiotic writing
    Quote Originally Posted by Fueru Akagi View Post
    You just got so bad taste at choosing chara! This kind of write admit that you all was fool.
    Woah troll allert! you guys should calm down and lay off the insults " come to think of it i think you two are one and the same guy judging by your post count and join date not to mention you each have only one post that i already quoted And they are not even 5 minutes appart
    Last edited by Darklight0303; April 12, 2008 at 06:31 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner RoyalLush's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haya5h1 View Post
    This one?:3
    Spoiler show
    Yeah that one

@Bassment <3 you have good taste

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason I think is not that he isn't unlikeable, but that he tries to be arrogant and act smarter and seperate from everyone else. Some like him for that, some don't. Personally I just don't like his belief that he doesn't want to work with the group. As a person who has never had many friends, I find that slightly annoying though my feelings are rather stupid. But it just depends.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner miss alice's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

theyre intimidated by his perfect beauty. :]
    jkjk, but really, he is a very pretty boy.
    I think that people dont like that he kind of ruins the feel of the group, that he wont work with anyone else because hes "arrogant." i feel people are misjudging here, though, because (try to squint hard here) i feel that he really does care about his commorades. he just...shows it in a different way?
    When you close your eyes and look at the world, what do you see?
    -Lenalee Lee, D.Gray Man

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Siberia's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Kanda but not as much as Allen
    I think kanda is quite popular (since many people are eager to see more about Kanda after DGM's hiatus)

In recent fights I find Kanda changes a bit, becoming more considerate of friends around him.
    MyList of reading n watching

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Halane's Avatar
    Country
    Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I think ppl dislikes him for his arrogance and all...
    I love him, he's my favourite, and I really think he is not that bad XD I mean, yeah, he's arrogant, OK, but he CAN be: he is pretty, he is an excellent exorcist and he is effecient.
    Someone HAS to try and be cool. Kanda might be brusque, but he is the only one who really thinks as in a war. I mean, he's the one who says that you can't save everyone, that sacrifaces are to be made, that you can be always thinking in others... And that is the true. If Allen weren't the main character he would've already died for being so childishly good and "heroe-like".
    BTW, Kanda really acts against what he says. He jumped after Lenalee when in the arc, and attacked the big crystal her innocence became without knowing what it was, and then he protected Komui during the level 4 attack... He is not that bad, at all.
    And what I don't really get is why people keeps saying he is cold XD He's always getting all flustered XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Must admit that I find that cute? I like bad-tempered boys, just feel the urge to tease them =3

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ca12nag3's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm Kanda was introduced as a sidekick/main character, specialy as he features on the 2nd Volume cover.
    He is 1 of my favorites, im not fast in disliking characters anyways. A problem with him might be the lack of development were the other characters made a huge leap in both design and character profile he stood more or less still.
    On the other had the last few chapters did a lot of good for him so he might get more suport

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

lol, I m totally into Samurai Character kinda thing...

However I perfer Kanda Over Allen Walker...

Heres the thing, Althoght Kanda often says things which are mean, he never usually mean it, like in Episode 2~3, When he said he would talk the Innocences from Lala, however in the end, he didn't.

2nd, Kanda Yu is often a Character with a dark past, with the Tatoo and the Lotus Time Glass, It seems Kanda Yu withdraws himself from the world.

3rd, Although Kanda would have stabbed Tyki when Tyki was holding Lenalee, He knew that Tyki would have dropped Lenalee in order to escape.

4th, Kanda is more realistic and more focus, Allen Walker is always too concern about others and he puts others before himself, But Kanda puts himself first and still have the strength to protect the people around him.

5th, Kanda Yu seems to get stronger with his original weapon, and as the manga/anime goes on, it just gets stronger, however Allen weapon evolves...

6th, Whatever Kanda Yu says really does make sense, There is no point in harbouring the dead, and Kanda probably fully understand that it might lead to summoning the Earl and doing stupid stuff.

7th, Although Kanda might seem to be hated alot, but to me, He never seems to waste any moment or effort. He is the type of character who will go all out and finish something. Unlike Allen who seems always worry about everyone around him...

Overall, to me, Kanda is a more objective person then Allen who is more subjective.

New Reply
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4