Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Manhwa that deserves its own anime

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Me2Ecchi's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Manhwa that deserves its own anime

There are alot of manhwa that i would like animated. Ares is on top of my list, but i dont know if it will ever get a animation.
    The Breaker, Veritas and Noblesse could make some good animes, and in the future Tower of God and Green Boy. I like the art in Green Boy but would be hard cuz it would be competing with Hajime no Ippo.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner evolwizard4's Avatar
    Country
    Guam
    Post Thanks / Like

Aflame Inferno

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The Breaker, ID, and Witch Hunter. All 3 of those would be amazing animated.

EDIT: On a side note, I can't believe Witch Hunter wasn't mentioned already.
    Last edited by Bludvein; August 15, 2011 at 03:50 PM.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The Breaker
    This manhwa gotta have an anime ASAP. I'm still praying to see it happen . Should we contact the author or an anime production team and beg them or something

Another manhwa would be Noblesse and Tower of God . This 2 also deserve their own anime IMO

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The_kid's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Sun ken rock
    The breaker series
    Witch hunter
    High school
    Crows
    Holy land

what left, my mind is kindof faint

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Veritas first and formost. To me it was the best supernatural martial arts comic ever made.

Also...
    • Noblesse
    • Tower Of God
    • The Breaker
    • ID
    • The Magician
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I never really imagined manhwa to be animated. In my head, the artwork manhwa offers does not really match what we often see in anime, and not the kind I want to see animated as well because I think it would be strange. I feel that manhwa in general are trying to be as close as they can to the real thing in this world (in terms of landscapes and people). Unlike manga and anime which are completely... fantastical. I once saw how the author of Orange Marmalade turned a photo of landscape into one of the background in the story. That kind of thing, I think, is not to be animated...

Played by real life actors and turned into drama/live-action, that's more possible.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe God Of Highschool was not mentioned. It has astonishing artwork, and the manhwa itself is amazing. I recommend reading it if you have the time. My other choice would be Ares as it was my first manhwa and one of my favorites, and the choice after that would be Tower Of God.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member apellon's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Blush Re: Manhwa that deserves its own anime

haters gonna hate
    I dont think Veritas deserves an anime ( ...if it does i would be happy)
    but i think :
    1- the breaker
    2- tower of god

would be more suited for it ...
    I mean i enjoy veritas, its cool, but it feels more like a generic of the breaker than anything else .. it has a very static story and plot , its a little too simple.. its great but to me the breaker top it , hands down...

I would be also excited if they make a : tower of god ...
    the art the world the epicness , the plot ... could make it a AAA anime.

there are some other manhwa that i also love, of course ( nobless , ares, angyo and all ..) , all of them would be nice to be in anime ( it goes without saying that for some reason we end up with so many lame mangas being done in anime, while so great titles as the one we talked about are left in the corner.... it pisses me off )

anyhow, to me , those 2 stand out the most..

random question :

i was wondering anyone remembers a manhwa pretty old , i cant remember the name ! i used to read it back when angyo onshi was famous like 8 years ago or so ...
    it was about some guy with a demon/devil inside him ( original ) , set in the medieval fantastic world , really gore and violent .. pretty mature .. with one of the friend of the hero called "shin?" (or maybe not) and this guy would always be with a smile on his face , u could never see his eyes .. until he gets serious and become monster like god , part of a ancient legendary military legion or something !? it had a little berserk feel to it .... does that rings anyone bells ...?
    Last edited by apellon; April 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by apellon View Post
    random question :

i was wondering anyone remembers a manhwa pretty old , i cant remember the name ! i used to read it back when angyo onshi was famous like 8 years ago or so ...
    it was about some guy with a demon/devil inside him ( original ) , set in the medieval fantastic world , really gore and violent .. pretty mature .. with one of the friend of the hero called "shin?" (or maybe not) and this guy would always be with a smile on his face , u could never see his eyes .. until he gets serious and become monster like god , part of a ancient legendary military legion or something !? it had a little berserk feel to it .... does that rings anyone bells ...?
    No idea, sorry. I can't think of anything like that offhand.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    No idea, sorry. I can't think of anything like that offhand.

yea , it was a little like ares also ... same kind of war stories ares/berserk style with a fantastic art style..

but i m not sure it ever got scanned on the internet , since it was like 8years ago and manhwa werent that popular back then...

anyway thank you for trying bro
    Last edited by apellon; April 17, 2013 at 05:51 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Nast.J's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

I was actually asking myself that question at some point but I've realized that an anime wouldn't be able to fullfill our expectations.

Especially for Tower Of God because if some effects aren't well done such as shinwoo/baangs etc.. it's going to pretty much ruin everything.

I also think at the end of the day, i would still prefer the colored chapters.

But if an incredible studio happened to try adapting manwhas, I would like them to do something similar to this :
    Spoiler show

To summarize, I would be against an anime adaptation unless it would be 100% sure that it would look amazing.In that case, I would choose Noblesse, Tower Of God and God of High-school, those 3 have the anime potential.

As for the rests of the manwhas that were mentionned, i just don't see them as anime.

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I feel like Tower of God would be perfect as western made animated series to air on Cartoon Network (not Adult Swim but just normal Cartoon Network, could maybe move to Adult Swim once Season 2 started)

Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nast.J View Post
    I was actually asking myself that question at some point but I've realized that an anime wouldn't be able to fullfill our expectations.

Especially for Tower Of God because if some effects aren't well done such as shinwoo/baangs etc.. it's going to pretty much ruin everything.

I also think at the end of the day, i would still prefer the colored chapters.

But if an incredible studio happened to try adapting manwhas, I would like them to do something similar to this :
    Spoiler show

To summarize, I would be against an anime adaptation unless it would be 100% sure that it would look amazing.In that case, I would choose Noblesse, Tower Of God and God of High-school, those 3 have the anime potential.

As for the rests of the manwhas that were mentionned, i just don't see them as anime.

well thats the problem with every thing in life ... Super man movie sucked so far ... but if you get the right director , like a Snyder , then u get a Man of steel coming wich looks dope...
    but ofcourse it could be destroyed by a lame direction .... but it could work like game of thrones ;p

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Themistocles's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

came to post Ares, someone beat me to it. Basically, as mentioned before, Ares, the Breaker, Nobless, Veritas (all good series methinks)

I think City of Dead Magician could be made into a good anime, but it will most likely never happen

New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast