Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: I'M LOOKING FOR THE NEW VOLUMES OF "HOW TO DRAW MANGA"

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Geppo's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I'M LOOKING FOR THE NEW VOLUMES OF "HOW TO DRAW MANGA"

I'm searching the volumes of "How to draw manga: sketching manga-style" for free on the web, but I've found them only on sale on websites like Amazon, exc...

the volumes are:

How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style Vol. 1: Sketching to Plan (February 2007)
    How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style Vol. 2: Logical Proportions (April 2007)
    How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style Vol. 3: Unforgettable Characters (October 2007)
    How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style Vol. 4: All About Perspective (Nov 12, 2008)
    How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style Vol. 5: Sketching Sports Basics (Dec 10, 2008)
    How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style Vol. 6: Sketching Props (August 11, 2009)

Here there are two pictures:

Spoiler show

Spoiler show

Does anybody know if there are some free versions of them in internet? (there are some old volumes like "how to draw manga: dressing you character in casual wear", but i'm not looking for them..)

Could you leave me a link?
    If somebody knows some other good guides to draw manga (particulary how to draw perspective), could he/she leave me a link?
    Thanks
    I LOVE ITALY

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I'M LOOKING FOR THE NEW VOLUMES OF "HOW TO DRAW MANGA"

the "How to Draw Manga: Sketching Manga-Style" is a collection orientated for advanced artists, so they are quite expensive and the only pages I've seen from them are videos or photographies, the only chances to get them are buying or getting from a friend who owns a copy. I have neither

PS.: I'm also interested in learning perspective/proportions ^^

I found some large photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/teohyc/with/5660218792/
    Last edited by ClaFanN1; August 08, 2011 at 03:15 PM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Meiun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure I found some of these in Japanese before, are you still looking?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Natokiro's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Those seem rather good. I bought a few how to draw manga books myself at Akadot.com, you might get good deals there, for me it worked fine. Good and fast shipping, great quality price ratio.
    And about other how to draw books I have one I bought there called "How to draw manga : Putting things in perspective", which is very good, and my personal favorite, Pen and Ink, the Manga Start-Up Guide.
    Pen and Ink only costed me about 6 $ and contains colour pages, all manga phases from sketching to ink and tone, and close up looks to the techniques used by great artists like Yasuhiro Nightow (Trigun, Trigun Maximum), Oh!great and Satoshi Shiki. It also has alot of advice from storyline if you want to make a manga, to common mistakes when inking, making backgrounds,etc.

Btw, all thought this looks like a advertisement for Akadot, I speak for real when all the stuff I bought for them helped me, specially books.

EDIT: If you want you can P.M me and I scan my books of How To Draw manga, I have about 5 or 6 of them.
    Last edited by Natokiro; February 27, 2012 at 07:11 PM.

One Piece 4-ever

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ana Clara's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm looking for these too

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geppo View Post
    Does anybody know if there are some free versions of them in internet? (there are some old volumes like "how to draw manga: dressing you character in casual wear", but i'm not looking for them..)

Could you leave me a link?
    If somebody knows some other good guides to draw manga (particulary how to draw perspective), could he/she leave me a link?
    Thanks
    Yeah, I don't wanna be that guy, but for anyone who doesn't morally object to it, it is very easy to find torrents for these books with a quick search on the Pirate Bay or a similar site.

New Reply