Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nagato

106 86.89%
  • Oonoki

16 13.11%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Nagato vs Oonoki

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato vs Oonoki

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

He is the shinobi with the most raw power, and with most potential in the world of Naruto. The reason for that is that he wields the most powerful doujutsu ever. The Rinnegan. Thanks to these eyes he has access to every element, he is a master of life and death, and not just that, he also wields an insane amount of chakra. Jiraiya mentioned his talent for ninjutsu, Konan commended him for his invincibility, and he had the power and ability to singlehandedly take care of a village or a battelfield full of enemies. But he is all alone now, not depending on his bodies, as he starts out as one of the most dreadful fighters of this tournament.

The Third Tsuchikage and the student of the Second Tsuchikage, Onoki is renowned as "Onoki of Both Scales". Being the oldest Kage currently alive, Onoki has no problem using any means to maintain the strength of Iwagakure, even if it means using a mercenary group to counter Kumogakure's militarized growth. Onoki is dead set to his ways and act quite stubborn sometimes, though he is willing to bend for the greater good. Being around since the founding of the villages, Onoki has a great deal of experience in battle. Learnt from his predecessor, Onoki possesses the unique Bloodline Selection, enabling him to combine Doton, Fuuton, and Katon to manipulate molecules as Jinton. In addition, Onoki can take flight and move quite quickly while in

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smit's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nagato vs Oonoki

Have to give this to Nagato. Jinto techniques might be powerfull but Nagato has 2 ways off dealing with it. First is ST, that can blast the attack away. And in the case that Onoki attacks in the 5 sec interval Nagato can absorb the attack. And since thats the only attack we have seen from Onoki we really have no choice but to give this to Nagato.
    PS.His flight wont help him either againt BT.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

As strong as Oonoki is, Nagato having all the powers of the 6 pains in one body (minus robot path of course) is just too strong for him. His 5 second interval which was the balance to prevent ST from being hax is not much of a concern if he can absorb jutsu in the meantime. A BT followed by a stab from a chakra rod and there shouldn't be much that Oonoki can do.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Onoki hasn't shown much, but from what he has shown he's pretty beastly. A jutsu that smashes you to atoms. A jutsu powerful enough to blow up an entire island. The ability to fly and make others fly, and the ability to petrify those that he touches.

Based on that, I think he seriously has a chance to win this fight. Flight protects him completely from any form of Shinra Tensei. Maybe even Banshou Tenin, as he can simply fly in the opposite direction of where he's being pulled. And since he's shown he can use his Dust Cone technique while flying, simply flying away from the giant summons and the pulling force and the missiles before dropping out an attack so powerful it can nuke the entire battlefield seems viable, and because of that I'm voting for him.

I don't expect him to win at all, but I think he stands a good chance. That's reason enough for me to vote for him. Gedo Mazo is the biggest threat here IMO.

5. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd give this to Nagato with a difficulty, cause Onooki's Bloodline Fusion is really strong and devastating move.
    But Nagato is just too strong for the majority of shinobi. The powers of the six paths in one body is quite great, especially being able to use Shinra Tensei and being able to negate jutsus.

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, Nagato wins this, but it won't be easy. Onoki won't expect his ninjutsu to be absorbed by Nagato, so he'll be caught off guard at first. While Onoki has powerful techniques, Nagato can make them all moot, meaning he won't be in any danger. In addition, Nagato can summon his other creatures to aid in distracting Onoki until he can get into the sky too. Even if Onoki is able to counter him, the fact that Onoki's old means that he'll likely won't last as long as Nagato will in battle.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MONKEYS's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a tricky one, one the one hand, there's Oonoki.
    He has: Dust release
    Experience
    Determination
    The ability to fly

Tsunade, another Kage (and really the only one we can compare with Oonoki in terms of rank) never fought Pain directly, but instead was using her chakra to keep everyone alive, so there's not much we've got there.

Nagato does have his Preta path abilities and Shinra Tensei though (and Bansho tenin, ie pulling technique), which could make it difficult for Oonoki.

Plus, Nagato can use a widescale attack too (big Shinra tensei, and Chibaku tensei), so I'm giving this to Nagato.
    Since I'm not godlike with flash or anything, I'm going to dedicate my signature space to the people who make our weekly manga viewing possible.

I don't know their names, but really, anyone who works to bring manga to my eyes weekly, you have my thanks.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

People are forgeting that Nagato himself can fly ... Probably not as fast as the old man but he can. Even if the old man get's a distance from Nagato he can just use CT and pull him in as there is no way he can escapte from that. Hell Nagato can even go invisible with that summon of his when doing CT and having some summons running around after the old man. Nagato wins.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato will defeat Oonoki with little trouble, imo. The abilities of Nagato far overpower anything and everything shown by Tsuchikage.

Even if Tsuchikage leads with dust release, Nagato just absorbs it and Banshou Tenin's him and rips his soul out for the W. If Tsuchikage flies away, Banshou Tenin. Tsuchikage attacks directly, Shinra Tensei. Fight is over right after it begins.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh man... How did these two get matchup in the first round? Onoki is a beast with arguably one of the most destructive techniques in the manga. If Onoki's dust release can indeed destroy the turtle island, I can't think of any other jutsu matching it's power except for a Bijuu blast. Not a rasenshuriken, not Amaterasu (unless he used it until his eye exploded), nothing. Maybe super ST and a Kirin from a really big storm (and I mean BIG), but thats it. If Onoki takes to the air and launches his blasts, I'm not convinced Nagato can defend it with a regular ST or chakra absorption.

At this point, its kinda moot though. I just can't give it to somebody we haven't even seen in battle yet over Nagato.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato can ride the bird summon if need be. He rode the chameleon before, so it isn't like he would not ride a summon. He can take to the air and kill Tsuchikage there.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Its somewhat sad that those two are put in the first round <maybe we saw little of Tsuchikage, but its still enough to beat the shit out of some other fighters xd> that said: Nagato <I'm still not believing that moderators didn't put him as Nagato hidden - Pain "justu" fights as this was the way we were shown him fighting> BUT even so: all those Rinnegan abilities in one body are more than enough to handle Onoki, whether it will be ST or CT.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Nagato can ride the bird summon if need be. He rode the chameleon before, so it isn't like he would not ride a summon. He can take to the air and kill Tsuchikage there.
    He can also levitate as above Konoha before the Super ST.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i vote for nagato he should be able to block onokis dust tech with shirina tensei. and he can fly as well. plus he has all his summonings.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I have doubts about the end of this fight !!! Both of them are just insanely strong.
    Naruto defeated Nagato, that was using the Pains.
    In this case he isn't like that, so i don't quite know what to expect from his power.
    Is he more strong or more weak ? I can't really say

I don't think Naruto with only Sage Mode would be able of beating Onoki.
    And though Onoki is old , is mobility seems awesome so Naruto would have some problems with it.
    But maybe a summoning would help.
    Nagato would definitely use his very strong summonings , but i don't think Onoki would be beaten by something like that.

I think that this fight wouldn't be as predictable as much people seem to think .
    This would be a great match and i ain't still quite sure in who to vote.
    I will wait more time to vote. But i might give Nagato to edge for now , cuz he is more versatile than Onoki

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast