Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
122. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nagato

106 86.89%
  • Oonoki

16 13.11%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Nagato vs Oonoki

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Nagato vs Oonoki

I think they'd both die so no vote for me.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that's a bold, outside of the box position. Can you explain how you come to this determination? I am not trying to convince you otherwise, I'd just like to hear the reasoning.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's really too bad that this fight came before we can actually see Ooniki fight.
    Honestly, I think they both have a chance of winning.

It all depends if Ooniki's atomic jutsu can be absorbed and/or repelled.
    From what we saw, it seems everything can be absorbed and repelled, so in that case, Nagato would have the advantage.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorped
    Is he more strong or more weak ? I can't really say
    Weaker. Definitely weaker <if we can say it that way>
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Nagato can ride the bird summon if need be. He rode the chameleon before, so it isn't like he would not ride a summon. He can take to the air and kill Tsuchikage there.
    Does he even need to? Cant he fly himself?

http://www.mangareader.net/93-434-6/...apter-429.html

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member biggchiefmo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

if the 6 realms were aloud this would a no brainer. I think ppl arent giving oonoki enough credit you dont get to be as old as him without being awesome. sure nagato is in control of all the 6 paths techs but what good will any of them do since oonoki can fly, the only thing that can counter that ability is the summonings and the dust release tech should take care of those. the fact that nagato is pretty much immobile makes it hard to argue for his definite win, and the fact that oonoki can never get close to nagato or his soul will be suck out, nor can he use his dust release to kill nagato since he may be able to just negate or absorb it, makes it difficult to argue for oonoki's definitive victory.

I'm really on the fence for the first time since this tourney started. I cant make a decision right now, as i'll have to hear some more debates for each side.

Now this is a great match up, this is what i've been waiting for, a match up were i cant guess the winner by only the names shown. nobody get pwned FTW in this match. GREAT PAIRING HERE!! IMO this can only end in a draw at best, though i know there has to be a winner.

S/N if the 6 realms were allowed Pain would wipe the floor with oonoki's blood. JUST SAYIN'

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Credit for what? Oonoki hasn't really done anything.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

also i'm not sure about nagato being able to fly, we've never seen it, we've the deva pain fly, but not nagato, his legs dont work, i'm sure if he could fly he wouldnt need that funky wheel chair thing. plus we've seen him being carried by kakazu and itachi someone that can fly doesnt need to assisted in their movement i would think. but then again oonoki did need to be carried after tweeking his back before the kage summit, but once he decided to fly everyone else needed his help. I just think that was an ability unique to deva realm. if nagato could fly why not do it to avoid getting his legs all but blown off against Hanzou. and dont say he was too angry to move, extreme anger doesnt take residency over self preservation.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Credit for what? Oonoki hasn't really done anything.
    for being the oldest living kage, for fighting with the likes of a young madara in his prime and living to tell about it. heck just that is enough for me, seeing as how the only ninjas we know survived a scuffle with madara in his youth was the first hokage. and he didnt live much longer after that.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato's legs have been healed for the tournament, iirc.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nagato's legs have been healed for the tournament, iirc.
    oh yeah your totally right, but i'm still undecided! weak legs/ healthy legs, i still see this as a stalemate. also can nagato summon gedo mazo?

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by biggchiefmo View Post
    also i'm not sure about nagato being able to fly, we've never seen it, we've the deva pain fly, but not nagato, his legs dont work, i'm sure if he could fly he wouldnt need that funky wheel chair thing. plus we've seen him being carried by kakazu and itachi someone that can fly doesnt need to assisted in their movement i would think. but then again oonoki did need to be carried after tweeking his back before the kage summit, but once he decided to fly everyone else needed his help. I just think that was an ability unique to deva realm. if nagato could fly why not do it to avoid getting his legs all but blown off against Hanzou. and dont say he was too angry to move, extreme anger doesnt take residency over self preservation.

If I recall correctly that's when we first saw Nagato using the abilities of the six paths. There is no evidence saying that he had a complete handle on all of his abilities by that time. Also, Nagato gave each of those abilities to each realm, it would make zero sense if only God realm could do it and not Nagato himself. I'll have to check weather Nagato is in his chair for this tournament.

Edit: Not in chair.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; June 07, 2011 at 10:33 AM.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw
    Wow, that's a bold, outside of the box position. Can you explain how you come to this determination? I am not trying to convince you otherwise, I'd just like to hear the reasoning.

While I don't share the sentiment that it's probable, it's possible it could go down like that.

Forcing Nagato to use Shinra Tensei doesn't leave him time to absorb whatever jutsu is coming his way IMO. Fly away just long enough that Banshou Tenin is needed to pull him close before cooking one of those dust cubes up and dropping it around them both the instant Nagato stabs him. Or, petrify him as he stabs him. Or at the very least, petrify a limb before crushing it, and nuking the battlefiled once he attempts to have Enma come out and heal his lost arm. I don't think anyone here has provided proof Nagato can use multiple realm jutsu at once, so until someone can think up the logic behind that I'm not sure he can Bansho Tenin and absorb jutsu while he's actively pulling you, so the Dust Cone might be all it takes.

Unless the rules specifically say Nagato can multitask different paths at the same time, for the tournament. One has to wonder what the point of having multiple paths using multiple jutsu is if he could use them all at any time with his own body.

EDIT POST: I was of the opinion that God Realm could only fly with a steady propulsion of Shinra Tensei, because the weaker version of the jutsu he uses, the lest of a time limit in between. Meaning, if he uses the standard ST, then he'll start falling for 5 seconds until he gets the power to do it again. And if that's the case he's not catching anyone flying that way. If he loses his bird, which is incredibly likely, then he's probably stuck flying that way, which keeps him from using the Chou Shinra Tensei because if he tries to use it mid-flight, if the time limit still counts, then he'll fall from the sky, incapable of flying for a long time (possibly even KOing himself if Oonoki takes out the summon he's trying to land on during his freefall, and depending on high up they go). Not to mention when Nagato himself provides the chakra for God Realm to use it, he gets taxed heavily. If he tries that jutsu in this fight with his own body he's basically signing his death warrant, as he'll be exhausted and immobile sans aid of summons.
    Last edited by ninjabot; June 07, 2011 at 10:43 AM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Oonoki and his kekkei tota are surely strong,but against Nagato it's all useless and vain. Nagato can use his 6th bodies technique plus a 7th,he himself.he's much stronger than Pain.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot
    so until someone can think up the logic behind that I'm not sure he can Bansho Tenin and absorb jutsu while he's actively pulling you, so the Dust Cone might be all it takes.
    Actually no one can prove that because we did not see Nagato 'properly' fghting like that. I think moderators should clarify this <I mean, make rules how we should view this because now that I think about it - its interesting point to consider> I will not comment on this from my perspective until moderators say sth in that matter xd
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Josear XIII's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

I go with oonoki on this one, damn the old man still doesnt even give up his Kage place, and feudal lords cant take him out, must be for a good reason, this old man could pulverize a each pain with a solid jab and fly to evade others, its tactis and Oonoki knows them all.

Heck he havent even shown his full potential

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast