Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Minato

138 86.79%
  • Kabuto

21 13.21%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Minato vs Kabuto

SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato vs Kabuto

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

The "Yellow Flash" and Fourth Hokage of Konohagakure is lionized as the hero who saved the village from the Kyūbi no Yōko. Noted by his sensei, Jiraiya, as the most gifted shinobi ever produced by their village, he is highly skilled as a shinobi. He possesses remarkable agility, chakra capacity, and intelligence. His prowess with space-time ninjutsu is such that he can create space-time barriers and teleport foes as immense as the Kyūbi. Proficient in fūinjutsu, he can summon toads like his sensei and can detect the presence of others by placing his finger on the ground like the Second Hokage. His most notable jutsu creations are the Rasengan, Hiraishin, and Shiki Fūjin.

A genius of spying, ninjutsu and medical jutsus. His background is blurry, but we know that he was an Akatsuki spy, and later on Orochimaru's assistant. In his encounter with Tsunade the latter commented that his skills are better than hers during her prime, so Yakushi Kabuto is definitely a force to be reckoned with, and considered by many people as being Kakashi's rival. His techniques include battle oriented medical jutsus and snake jutsus amongst others, and now that he absorbed the cells of the Great White Snake he is more powerful than ever.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minato vs Kabuto

Minato takes this quite handily. Kabuto doesn't have the speed to compete with Minato. Though Kabuto is stronger since taking in Oro's cells, etc., he has not shown anything that allows him to survive combat with Minato. Hiraishin and Rasengan will end this fight pretty straight away. Kabuto might escape a few brushes with death using the body shedding technique, but he still dies in the end. Kabuto might even end up with a Hiraishin tag on him at some point. If he brings out Manda II, Minato summons toads. All snakes do is slide around and die, so there is no reason to expect much from them now. Minato FTW.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

3. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member ChelaTHEBEST's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato takes this, his kunai cuts and his unparalleled use of rasengan makes him able to KO anyone, especially orochimaru/kabuto who have not shown the ability to take a direct rasengan while at the same time countering with a deadly medical jutsu.
    The sword of totsuka stabs so fast, it actually goes back in time to hit you.

5. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto's best technique would be ET,which isn't allowed them. And he has got another powerful jutsu,which we dunno.then kabuto here is strong but not enough. Minato owns him.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato, didn't even flinch to think about it. And no, I'm not saying Kabuto is weak or sth, because probably he isn't, but the thing is: so far we only so little from his performance alone, and mostly we know how skilled he is with using ET zombies <and he isn't allowed to use that> So.. going by what little we know of him in his current state, he's to "weak" for Minato.

btw. hehe, another character who hadn't been shown in the manga to his fullest potential
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that Minato would defeat him,even if he can use ET. At least kabuto doesn't know minato here.most of ET's zombies would be defeated by minato quickly.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I don't know... imho Kabuto has brain power thats at least equal to Minato and all his moves until now where highly skilled. I think he could find some way to deal with Hiraishin. Lets also not forget that he has Oro's Body Shedding Technique now on top of his own already impressive self-healing abilities... he should be almost impossible to kill.

Then there's also Manda 2.0 which was huge enough to wrap itself around the turtle island x_X

I realy don't know... I think both sides have equal chances of winning, but I'am leaning slightly towards Kabuto, so my vote goes to him...

Although its pretty obvious who will win this anyway... Minato has just too much fans to make this fair -.-
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

12. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Since Kabuto can regen himself (his own ability + white snake power), stabbing him with a Kunai is useless. Only a Rasengan can really hurt him. Kabuto will obviously (Kakashi's level+freaking spy who spent most of his time to analyze ninja's skills) understand Minato's S/T jutsu.

Minato doesn't know Kabuto, so he won't use Rasengan right away but will try to stab him first. Once he'll see it's useless, he will start to use Rasengan, but Kabuto will already find out the secret behind his kunais, so he'll step aside the field full of special Kunais.
    But Minato, even without this is simply too fast for Kabuto. So he'll Rasengan him as many times as necessary until Kabuto doesn't have chakra left to avoid him like Oro did against Naruto.

Even if Kabuto summons Manda v2.0, this animal will never be able to catch Minato. Besides giant frogs should be useless, Manda is too agile for them. Minato will kill Kabuto anyway.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    Hmm I don't know... imho Kabuto has brain power thats at least equal to Minato and all his moves until now where highly skilled. I think he could find some way to deal with Hiraishin. Lets also not forget that he has Oro's Body Shedding Technique now on top of his own already impressive self-healing abilities... he should be almost impossible to kill.

Then there's also Manda 2.0 which was huge enough to wrap itself around the turtle island x_X

I realy don't know... I think both sides have equal chances of winning, but I'am leaning slightly towards Kabuto, so my vote goes to him...

Although its pretty obvious who will win this anyway... Minato has just too much fans to make this fair -.-

Kabuto's healing ability is shown to be inferior to Naruto's first complete Rasengan (Faceplant).

As for the fan argument, I think it is a copout instead of making a meaningful argument for Kabuto's victory. "Some way to deal with Hiraishin" is vague and useless.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I think it is a copout instead of making a meaningful argument for Kabuto's victory. "Some way to deal with Hiraishin" is vague and useless.
    How about simply summoning Manda 2.0 to swipe all Kunai's away at once? He can also use his dead soul bunshins to fool Minato and create an opening. Kabuto is also almost immortal... he can afford to trade blows with Minato and lets not forget a single touch from him can fuck up your whole body badly.

Tsunade was able to counter that thanks to her own medical ninjutsu, Minato on the other hand has nothing like that.

And why should be me saying "Minato will win anyway no matter what because he has way too many fans" a copout? Anyone knows that he has way more fans then Kabuto, so this is simply the truth and you know that as well as I do.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto's ability to prepare to regenerates helps, but from the looks of Minato's rasengan, it's bigger and more powerful than Naruto's when he hit Kabuto with it. Kabuto may have the durability, but it means nothing if he can't hit Minato. Although Edo Tensei isn't allowed, Minato could either likely get around that with his sealing knowledge or not really pay attention to them due to his Hiraishin. Until Kabuto shows speed, Minato's gonna be the winner. Not sure if Bunta's good enough to take on Manda v2, but Minato can probably help, I think. :x
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

20. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash View Post
    How about simply summoning Manda 2.0 to swipe all Kunai's away at once? He can also use his dead soul bunshins to fool Minato and create an opening. Kabuto is also almost immortal... he can afford to trade blows with Minato and lets not forget a single touch from him can fuck up your whole body badly.

Tsunade was able to counter that thanks to her own medical ninjutsu, Minato on the other hand has nothing like that.

And why should be me saying "Minato will win anyway no matter what because he has way too many fans" a copout? Anyone knows that he has way more fans then Kabuto, so this is simply the truth and you know that as well as I do.
    Swipe them to where? Minato can Hiriashin to them and retreive them all in under 1 second before manda swipes them or even after!

If A cannot land a hit on Minato from a distance as thin as a sheet of paper, what hope does Kabuto have? His speed is mediocre (3.5, iirc), and his reflexes are not on Minato's level. Additionally, Minato can place hiraishin seals wherever he likes, including Manda II and Kabuto himself (He even hit Madara with Rasengan and a Hiraishin seal simultaneously). To save himself sneak attacks from Manda II's vicinity, he will be forced to cancel the summon. If Kabuto does not cancel the summon, Minato can teleport Manda II around the field whenever he attacks (as evidenced by the teleportation of the Bijuu blast). If Minato is not in the mood to teleport Manda II, he can rip him from Kabuto's control. Additionally, Minato can summon Bunta to stomp Manda II, same as he did to full-sized Kyuubi. Manda II certainly isnt on Kyuubi's level. To save himself from a seal placed on himself, he will have to shed bodies, but how many times can he do this consecutively?

Respond to this or it is clearly Kabuto's loss.

22. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato wins without a doubt. Like jdw said Minato could basically teleport anything he wants. He can easily telelport Manda II away if he desires like he did with the tailed beast ball. We seen Kabuto regenerate from a incomplete rasengan but Minato's rasengan will be fully complete and is bigger in size than Naruto's regular rasengan I believe. This weeks chapter we seen Minato's excellent reflexes and how he was easily able to bypass A's lightning armor and easily cut through Killer Bee's attack. Minato got this!

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChelaTHEBEST View Post
    Minato takes this, his kunai cuts and his unparalleled use of rasengan makes him able to KO anyone, especially orochimaru/kabuto who have not shown the ability to take a direct rasengan while at the same time countering with a deadly medical jutsu.
    Kabuto did against Naruto, but Naruto telegraphed the move by creating it while holding onto Kabuto, and locked them both in place to deliver it. There will be no such result with Minato. Imagine him just standing there yelling delivering rasengan. No way.

26. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While it's agreed that Minato will win via fanbase mostly, I do think he could win without it. But there's only one reason I don't think Kabuto could take it outside of not having Edo Tensei. And that's because his healing abilities haven't been proven to be on the level of Orochimaru.

Look at Sasuke when he had Oro absorbed inside him. You'd think he could've revived over and over, but he did it once and was spent pretty much. I don't think Kabuto's shown a larger chakra reserve than Sasuke so he may not be able to revive as many times as Oro could either. Then again he's already got normal healing jutsu and ofcourse he's a more complete version so he likely has more of Oro's chakra but that isn't enough to go on I don't think.

Also Manda was handling Gama AND Katsuyu by himself. He was faster, bigger, and stronger... and now Manda 2.0 is even bigger than the original... significantly so. It'd take more than one toad to take him down, easily. But he could move remove Kabuto's summoning ability afterall so, whatever.

The main thing that could swing it definitively into Kabuto's favor is this:http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra_Draining_Seal

The only reason I won't really use it is because I don't know if you need to be unconsious and laying on that seal, or if he places it on the ninja's body and it can be draining chakra from them mid fight and giving it to Kabuto. If they have to be set on top of it, it's a no go. If he can use it on a conscious, moving target, then Kabuto would win thanks to tanking an attack or two in hopes of touching Minato, then simply waiting it out.

EDIT: You know... if I wanted to go that route, I could just say he uses the mole technique to hide underground, then uses his sleeping Genjutsu (Nehan Shojo no Jutsu), as it's A rank and we've no proof Minato could escape it. And since Kabuto can regenerate, he's guaranteed a chance to do so. But... I think the Genjutsu only works on the weakest of ninja. Sakura escaped it with Kai, but she's a Genjutsu type, and by the "pics or it didn't happen", has better Genjutsu escaping skill than Minato for the simple fact that he hasn't shown an ability to escape Genjutsu yet (don't look at me like that, that's how it works).

But because it states here that any experienced ninja can escape it (but it's proven that those without any skill in genjutsu escaping can't, as per when Naruto himself was put to sleep), I don't think I should bank on that. Were it not for the databook stating it was easily escapable Kabuto would've killed the greatest Hokage with two damn jutsu.

You guys dodged a bullet there, lmao.
    Last edited by ninjabot; June 12, 2011 at 01:44 PM.

28. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast