Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 601 by BadKarma , Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Minato

138 86.79%
  • Kabuto

21 13.21%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Minato vs Kabuto

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minato vs Kabuto

After what we have seen of Minato, i don't see much opponents who could take him
    Unfortunately Kabuto doesn't has a chance against him

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member LnDRash's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Swipe them to where? Minato can Hiriashin to them and retreive them all in under 1 second before manda swipes them or even after!
    Anywhere, one swipe with the snakes tail and they are scattered everywhere just not there where Minato needs them. If he wants to go recolecting and placing them again thats fine with me because:

A) It will take him far more then one second considering their sheer amount and the fact that he has to spread them once again
    B) Manda can swipe them away once again just as fast
    C) While Minato is wasting his time and isn't watching Kabuto he can prepare whatever traps and strategies he likes.

Bunta stomping Manda2... ? Seriously... Manda 1 was more then a match for Katsuyu and Bunta together, so I don't see at all how Bunta is stomping Manda 2, its completely the other way around.

Minato ripping Manda II away from Kabuto's control is bullshit... that would only work if Manda wasn't loyal to Kabuto and controled against its will like the Kyuubi.

If Minato wants to teleport Manda around --> fine with me. Nobody has preperation time in those fights, which means there are no hidden Kunai Tags 100 miles away. So... what exactly will he gain from teleporting that huge ass summon around a few meters other then wasting his chakra?

Kabuto can also afford to get hit, he survived a Rasengan from Naruto and was just knocked out for a few moments. Now that he has Oro's powers, who even survived being ripped in half by four tails Naruto, thats not nearly enough to kill him. He also only needs a slight touch on Minato to make (for example) his right leg useless for the whole fight... what better opportunity would he get then Minato attacking him with a technique that requires body contact?

Quote Quote:
    If A cannot land a hit on Minato from a distance as thin as a sheet of paper, what hope does Kabuto have? His speed is mediocre (3.5, iirc), and his reflexes are not on Minato's level.
    A was quite far away when he started moving and Minato was able to react in the very last moment. That doesn't realy matter though because Kabuto indeed is far slower then both of them... although his reactions aren't bad at all if he can defend against something like Shizune's hidden needles with his forehead protector.

Kabuto needs to slow down Minato in some way, and I think his brains, his durability and his medical ninjtsu give him the means to do so.

Quote Quote:
    Respond to this or it is clearly Kabuto's loss.
    It is Kabuto's loss anyway, even ignoring everything else he simply can't win against the might of popularity. Its completely the same as in the Naruto vs. Kisame thread: Even though both fighters where pretty much equal Naruto ended up stomping Kisame... which in turn makes my motivation to argue in this topic basically nonexistent, so have fun with whoever else wants to take that pointless job from me and don't expect any more replies from me.
    Last edited by LnDRash; June 12, 2011 at 01:51 PM.
    Click here for what I consider the definition of "simply brilliant"

Quote Originally Posted by syx View Post
    He was once a very charismatic, kind, special and inspiring person. LnDRash was a premium brand, now this brand is called LnDTRash!

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell this is a oneway boodbath...Minato without any shadow of a doubt.I'd expect the biggest gap between
    votes but it seems That will go to Nagato win over The Tsuchikage...how bias was that one lol.Anyway unto
    this fight.

Minato litters the area with his special kunai.And if he wants...spams his body ficker technique with either Kunai
    or Rasengan in hand.It's over in seconds.End of.There will be no forming seals from Kabuto side.And even if he
    could summon manda 2 it'd be a pretty fruitless exercise with Minato summons being way to much imo.Hell there's
    no need for summons.Minato that dark!!

He can showcase his moves thoughout the tournment and still win.lol.

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

''It is Kabuto's loss anyway, even ignoring everything else he simply can't win against the might of popularity.Its completely the same as in the Naruto vs. Kisame thread: Even though both fighters where pretty much equal Naruto ended up stomping Kisame... which in turn makes my motivation to argue in this topic basically nonexistent, so have fun with whoever else wants to take that pointless job from me and don't expect any more replies from me''.

Hang on a moment there mate.Just because of his popularity is it?Minato has clearly showed that he was the
    most complete shinobi that we've seen.I'm waiting for him to be paired against Itachi and see how that goes...
    It be hard but i know who'd get my vote.And they are both my favorite charators.To even suggest that kabuto,
    with his recent power up's and as you say.His sharp mind,was or is ever a match for Minato is lunacy lol.Kabuto at
    best is Kakashi equal.And kakashi was and is a long ways behind Minato even now!
    Last edited by kakashidad; June 12, 2011 at 03:24 PM.

6. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    EDIT: You know... if I wanted to go that route, I could just say he uses the mole technique to hide underground, then uses his sleeping Genjutsu (Nehan Shojo no Jutsu), as it's A rank and we've no proof Minato could escape it. And since Kabuto can regenerate, he's guaranteed a chance to do so. But... I think the Genjutsu only works on the weakest of ninja. Sakura escaped it with Kai, but she's a Genjutsu type, and by the "pics or it didn't happen", has better Genjutsu escaping skill than Minato for the simple fact that he hasn't shown an ability to escape Genjutsu yet (don't look at me like that, that's how it works).

But because it states here that any experienced ninja can escape it (but it's proven that those without any skill in genjutsu escaping can't, as per when Naruto himself was put to sleep), I don't think I should bank on that. Were it not for the databook stating it was easily escapable Kabuto would've killed the greatest Hokage with two damn jutsu.

You guys dodged a bullet there, lmao.
    There is the flipside though, "pics or it didn't happen" of Minato ever being captured in any genjutsu. There is no reason to assume it would work.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

8. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LnDRash
    It is Kabuto's loss anyway, even ignoring everything else he simply can't win against the might of popularity.
    I agree about pupularity thingy, there will always be sth like that. BUT.. No, you were serious that Kabuto had a chance fighting Minato. Until he shows how capable fighter he is now, Minato just kills him before he even knows what hit him; and if he will survive how you wrote that Kabuto will then know the secret behind the kunais, Minato will do the second hit, but this time he will also know that Kabuto has some nice hax healing abilities and he will hit head, with Rasenagn to be sure its one hit k.o. Thats my simplest scenario for Minato.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

10. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member IChallengeYou!'s Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto The Handicapped will have Minato ripping him a new one, basically. Not really a fair matchup, to be honest. In fact, I'm not even sure how Kabuto The Handicapped ended up in such high tier, since he's basically a very gimped and subpar version of Orochimaru.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Well the premise for the popularity argument is when the fighters are equal...which is not really the case here...even if Kabuto would've shown his entire arsenal and how talented is he in fact, he still would have no chance...Kabuto's strength lies in other areas than 1 on 1 combat

Not to mention that in most cases the popularity is the result of ones power...people like Minato, Itachi who are really popular, they are mostly because of their strength...and even if we count plot elements, like predicting and manipulating, that's still because of their insane ability as shinobi...

So yeah Minato wins this, because he is stronger and thus more popular than Kabuto

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw
    There is the flipside though, "pics or it didn't happen" of Minato ever being captured in any genjutsu. There is no reason to assume it would work.

This particular Genjutsu, no. But when he gets to characters with stronger Genjutsu that logic won't work based simply on the strength of the Genjutsu. Or atleast if it did work, it'd be far less reliable. He gets a pass on this particular jutsu because it's stated to be easily escapable. Can't say the same about Tsukiyomi, Frog Song, or Itachi's Genjutsu.

The common consensus is "they can't do it until they show they can". Not "he's immune to it until we see a pic of him subdued because of it."

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by IChallengeYou! View Post
    Kabuto The Handicapped will have Minato ripping him a new one, basically. Not really a fair matchup, to be honest. In fact, I'm not even sure how Kabuto The Handicapped ended up in such high tier, since he's basically a very gimped and subpar version of Orochimaru.
    Well I think the fact that he was considered on Kakashi's level, and his fight against Tsunade are the only things which are worth to be mentioned...this alone would put him in the top level of the low tier...but the implants made him more durable supposedly, his jutsus have more strength because Orochimaru's chakra is flowing in him...

In this top tier...I would put him around Tsunade's level or maybe Hidan's probably...but still worth to be here IMO

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato easily. Without Edo Tensei, Kabuto haven't show anything that would make me think he can make Minato break a sweat.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto's only shot IMO is summoning Manda 2. Manda 2 is stronger than the Manda that was beating Katsuya and Gamabunta. After Gamabunta is dead Manda 2 can just wear Minato out.

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This particular Genjutsu, no. But when he gets to characters with stronger Genjutsu that logic won't work based simply on the strength of the Genjutsu. Or atleast if it did work, it'd be far less reliable. He gets a pass on this particular jutsu because it's stated to be easily escapable. Can't say the same about Tsukiyomi, Frog Song, or Itachi's Genjutsu.

The common consensus is "they can't do it until they show they can". Not "he's immune to it until we see a pic of him subdued because of it."
    My personal approach is to not hand out an auto-win unless someone has shown themselves to be inferior in a particular measure. If there is any doubt about proficiency, I will not hand out an auto-win, especially with top tier shinobi. So, for example, if Naruto were to face Itachi, I'd likely assume Itachi would kill him because Naruto consistently loses to Itachi in genjutsu, but I might not assume that someone who has never faced genjutsu in the manga would lose to Itachi in genjutsu and be instantly killed. I might lean it that way though but it won't be the clearly deciding factor in high level fights. But, if it is Moegi, I would assume that she would be killed, but in the top tier, I give no such assumption. This is my personal method, and I don't expect it to work for everyone.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

22. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Kabuto's only shot IMO is summoning Manda 2. Manda 2 is stronger than the Manda that was beating Katsuya and Gamabunta. After Gamabunta is dead Manda 2 can just wear Minato out.
    I don't think Manda has a shot in wearing Minato out...he wouldn't even engage Manda in a fight...he would go straight for Kabuto...he did the same when Madara attacked the village...he chose to take the summoner out first and then deal with the summon...not to mention that this time, the summoner would be killed, which would probably end the summoning jutsu as well

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I don't think Manda has a shot in wearing Minato out...he wouldn't even engage Manda in a fight...he would go straight for Kabuto...he did the same when Madara attacked the village...he chose to take the summoner out first and then deal with the summon...not to mention that this time, the summoner would be killed, which would probably end the summoning jutsu as well
    There's a way around that though:

1. Kabuto can summon Manda 2 under him, so he ends up on top of him. He than can go inside it's nostrils.
    2. Kabuto can summon Manda 2 in front of him, than use Doton to hide in the ground.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; June 12, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Man he fought madara who has genjutsu!Was unable to preform his genjutsu.And even if he could and that's a
    mighty big IF their not quick enough.It's speed of thought against speed of thought plus lvl 1 and 2 ftg.It's a joke
    to think that he had not faced anyone with genjutsu abilites thoughout his short life.The uchiha clan was still very
    much alive and kicking.

I want the mods to fix it so he fights itachi or sasuke in the next round.I might get this request granted,as madara
    already has his plce booked..''oh me sides''.
    Last edited by kakashidad; June 13, 2011 at 11:48 AM.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast