Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
159. You may not vote on this poll
  • Minato

138 86.79%
  • Kabuto

21 13.21%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Minato vs Kabuto

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Minato vs Kabuto

That's fine. Though that has to come with a disclaimer of "I'm just assuming it won't be that easy because I've got nothing to base it on but Minato (or whatever character being debated)'s pedigree." I've seen Itachi subdue ninja of Minato's caliber with a single glance. I've seen ninja with actual proficiency in Genjutsu fail miserably against his Genjutsu. Ninja with defined genjutsu proficiency succumbed to both Sasuke and Itachi's Genjutsu, so assuming someone with no displayed prowess in escaping Genjutsu just is not gonna work for me despite their status as high class (because it was high class ninja that were subdued by both these ninja).

The only thing preventing one from accepting that the same thing that happened to Orochimaru would happen to Minato is benefit of the doubt based on his stature, but Itachi has shown us stature is a poor substitute for Genjutsu defense.

Keep in mind, I'm speaking alone of this very specific, very defined situation. I'm not saying the entire fight would be determined by a single Genjutsu. Half the battle is managing to use Genjutsu on a ninja moving as fast as Minato. But let's be real. All it takes is eye contact.

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't assume the target is immune either. I treat the genjutsu as a strong possibility, but not guaranteed where there is an absence of evidence. For instance, I don't assume that a person will die from an ordinary Katon just because they have not shown a Katon defense. Now if the person is generally slow, I might give the Katon more weight as it might be likely to land.

So if Minato fought Itachi, I'd weigh Itachi's genjutsu heavily due to his strength, but due to lack of evidence of susceptibility to genjutsu with regard to Minato, I would not assign him a one-shot victory over Minato at the outset.
    Last edited by jdw; June 12, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

But then we have to break it down, because it's not that simple. What rank is the katon? Is the ninja's katon stated to be stronger than the average katon? Is the katon near instantaneous?

I don't place Itachi's Genjutsu on a pedestal because we haven't seen other ninja defend against it, thus, making it automatically effective. I do so because of how it works. How it's cast, the level of ninja he was able to topple with it (ninja of Minato's caliber mind you), an opponent's (shown) ability with Genjutsu/Genjutsu escaping expertise... every avenue. A ninja with the strongest katon in the world wouldn't be able to hit Minato with it, that's why we can't say it'd work agaisnt him. But a ninja that can lull you into Genjutsu simply by looking you in the eye, or through sound? Without you noticing? It's just alot easier to believe something that easy to be cast could work. What happens after the Genjutsu hits him is anyone's guess, but I lean toward the same thing happening that happened to other ninja of his class when they were hit with Genjutsu.

Quote Originally Posted by kakashidad
    Man he fought madara who has genjutsu!Was unable to preform his genjutsu.And even if he could and that's a
    mighty big IF their not quick enough.It's speed of thought against speed of thought plus lvl 1 and 2 ftg.It's a joke
    to think that he had not faced anyone with genjutsu abilites thoughout his short life.The ulchiha clan was still very
    much alive and kicking.

But you can't just say "Oh, he's faced Genjutu before, obviously, so he can escape Genjutsu". Thats making up facts. Also, It's possible that Madara couldn't keep Genjutsu control over both the Kyuubi and Minato at the same time. If that were the case then he couldn't do it. If not, then the time they spent talking to eachother face to face before he tried to grab him with his chain was time enough for a Tsukiyomi. They just sat there, chatting. I'm of the opinion the same reason he didn't attempt Genjutsu is the same reason he didn't attempt to use his MS jutsu at all, whatever reason that may be.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i am going with minato his space time jutsu should be more then enough and he has his summoning to battle manda 2 or he can just transported somewhere else. and he is excellent at seals he can take out kabutos jutsus easy.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DaHeroic1's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Minato defeats Kabuto with little effort. He most likely speed blitzes him from the beginning of the fight and even if the first attack fails he will at least mark him with hirashin ultimately ending in kabutos defeat. With edo tensei he likely could of beaten Minato but without it he's defeated rather quickly.

@ninjabot

Sorry to but into your debate but your looking at the whole thing from one point of view. Every elite ninja has abilities that make others look like foddler. The same way we seen Itachi own high caliber ninja like orochimaru, and deidara, Minato has done equally impressive feats against the likes of A and Madara owning them. Just like we've never seen Itachi's genjutsu being bested on panel, we've never seen another ninja get around hirashin on panel. So to say Itachi would own someone of Minato's caliber in genjutsu bc he always ends fight quickly with that method can be counter attacked by saying Minato owns ninja just as fast with his abilities. So it's hard to really to judge who would win. At least thats my two cents.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Kabuto can summon Manda 2 in front him, using him as cover, than use a doton to hide in the ground. If Minato teleports it away he can resummon it. Also teleporting something that large takes time and apparently cost a lost chakra because it put a strain on Minato.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; June 12, 2011 at 04:49 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DaHeroic1
    Sorry to but into your debate but your looking at the whole thing from one point of view. Every elite ninja has abilities that make others look like foddler. The same way we seen Itachi own high caliber ninja like orochimaru, and deidara, Minato has done equally impressive feats against the likes of A and Madara owning them. Just like we've never seen Itachi's genjutsu being bested on panel, we've never seen another ninja get around hirashin on panel. So to say Itachi would own someone of Minato's caliber in genjutsu bc he always ends fight quickly with that method can be counter attacked by saying Minato owns ninja just as fast with his abilities. So it's hard to really to judge who would win. At least thats my two cents.

Agreed, but you have to remember: matches count for something. While we can't guarantee Minato has a counter to Genjutsu, we CAN guarantee Itachi has a counter to Hiraishin in Susanoo. It was erected in 1/1000th of a second. It beat lightning, lol.

Though I'll drop it after this because it's way off topic, I'm just reiterating my logic. If a ninja hasn't shown in some capacity to have an answer for a technique that fodderized ninja of his ilk, ninja of the same level, then there is nothing to place him above them in the exact same given scenario. You can argue that he stays on the move to avoid Genjutsu, but that's literally it. That doesn't take into consideration what happens if and when he's actually caught with Genjutsu. And that doesn't protect him from non visual Genjutsu like Frog Song either.

It's not like it matters since Kabuto's Genjutsu is useless in this fight anyway.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member chilibun's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    Well the premise for the popularity argument is when the fighters are equal...which is not really the case here...even if Kabuto would've shown his entire arsenal and how talented is he in fact, he still would have no chance...Kabuto's strength lies in other areas than 1 on 1 combat

Not to mention that in most cases the popularity is the result of ones power...people like Minato, Itachi who are really popular, they are mostly because of their strength...and even if we count plot elements, like predicting and manipulating, that's still because of their insane ability as shinobi...

So yeah Minato wins this, because he is stronger and thus more popular than Kabuto
    I would agree with you except the Minato fanbase have consistently embellished all his feats more than any other group.

"A cannot land a hit on Minato from a distance as thin as a sheet of paper"
    Ee dashed in from a pretty good distance away. Just because Minato managed to dodge it at the last microsecond, doesn't mean he actually began to react and evade it at the last moment. I don't even know what to say if you actually think Minato can react to Ee if he started from a millimeter away.

"Minato can teleport Manda II around the field whenever he attacks (as evidenced by the teleportation of the Bijuu blast)"
    So far, Minato has only used this jutsu as if it opens a rift/portal for things pass through. He has never shown to use it as if he can just warp anything all over the field, especially incomplete objects. Otherwise, why didn't he just warp off Kyuubi's arm when it attacked him and Kushina.

"[Minato] can rip [Manda II] from Kabuto's control"
    Minato broke Madara's mental control of the Kyuubi. None of the regular summons are mentally controlled or bound to its summoner's will. There might not even be an actual "summoning contract" between Manda II and Kabuto seeing how he genetically created him as his pet.

"Minato could basically teleport anything he wants. He can easily telelport Manda II away if he desires"
    Again, totally exaggerated. Minato needed Bunta to hold the Kyuubi down to so he can have enough time to build up the necessary chakra to teleport something so large. Manda II is very big if you haven't realized.

"Kabuto regenerate from a incomplete rasengan but Minato's rasengan will be fully complete and is bigger in size than Naruto's regular rasengan I believe. "
    There is no such thing as an incomplete rasengan. Minato uses the same rasengan that Naruto and Jiraiya uses, not that its not enough as it is.

"Minato summons being way to much imo."
    Manda was able to handle himself quite well against Bunta and Katsuyu. Manda II is bigger, stronger, and faster than the original.

... Claims that base Minato, without Hiraishin, is faster than Armored Raikage...
    Is still a baseless assumption as all of Minato's exceptional speed feats are still performed with Hiraishin.

... Claims that Minato owned Ee and would have killed him...
    All the latest manga shows is that Minato bested Ee in speed. Minato only managed to to get behind Ee before Bee intervened and the fight ended. Raikage's armor was able to completely knocked Sasuke's raiton blade out of his hands and was barely penetrated by a direct chidori. Minato's kunai attack by all means is just a regular kunai attack. Their is no proof it can even penetrate his shield much less kill him. Cutting Hachibi's tentacle is not proof of any exceptional power. Sasuke cut off a fully transformed Hachibi tentacle with a Chidori spear and lets not forget that some Kumo dude was able to just eat it.

With all that said, Minato wins this. His speed is too much for a poor man's Oro, who haven't shown to be nearly as durable. He's not going to survive getting rasenganed or cut in half.
    Last edited by chilibun; June 12, 2011 at 05:09 PM.

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Kabuto can summon Manda 2 in front him, using him as cover, than use a doton to hide in the ground. If Minato teleports it away he can resummon it. Also teleporting something that large takes time and apparently cost a lost chakra because it put a strain on Minato.
    Summoning something as big as Manda 2 is going to be even more taxing, Kabuto can't just go around summoning all day long. On the other hand, Minato can simply ignore Manda 2 and go straight after Kabuto. Once he's in melee range of Kabuto, it's all over. He can get a Hiraishin seal on him, and then theres no where Kabuto can run.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by benelori View Post
    I don't think Manda has a shot in wearing Minato out...he wouldn't even engage Manda in a fight...he would go straight for Kabuto...he did the same when Madara attacked the village...he chose to take the summoner out first and then deal with the summon...not to mention that this time, the summoner would be killed, which would probably end the summoning jutsu as well
    Actually, Minato was forced to fight Tobi otherwise he was facing Kyuubi. Tobi wanted to distract him, and in this fight, I doubt Minato has the leisure of others' help. If Kabuto summons Manda 2, then Minato can only use his summons for help, he won't have other ninjas to help distract Manda 2, and we've seen Bunta have trouble against Manda even with Katsuya.
    Vote for koen for favorite senpai so koen is active again!

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ninjabot View Post
    But then we have to break it down, because it's not that simple. What rank is the katon? Is the ninja's katon stated to be stronger than the average katon? Is the katon near instantaneous?

I don't place Itachi's Genjutsu on a pedestal because we haven't seen other ninja defend against it, thus, making it automatically effective. I do so because of how it works. How it's cast, the level of ninja he was able to topple with it (ninja of Minato's caliber mind you), an opponent's (shown) ability with Genjutsu/Genjutsu escaping expertise... every avenue. A ninja with the strongest katon in the world wouldn't be able to hit Minato with it, that's why we can't say it'd work agaisnt him. But a ninja that can lull you into Genjutsu simply by looking you in the eye, or through sound? Without you noticing? It's just alot easier to believe something that easy to be cast could work. What happens after the Genjutsu hits him is anyone's guess, but I lean toward the same thing happening that happened to other ninja of his class when they were hit with Genjutsu.

But you can't just say "Oh, he's faced Genjutu before, obviously, so he can escape Genjutsu". Thats making up facts. Also, It's possible that Madara couldn't keep Genjutsu control over both the Kyuubi and Minato at the same time. If that were the case then he couldn't do it. If not, then the time they spent talking to eachother face to face before he tried to grab him with his chain was time enough for a Tsukiyomi. They just sat there, chatting. I'm of the opinion the same reason he didn't attempt Genjutsu is the same reason he didn't attempt to use his MS jutsu at all, whatever reason that may be.
    Genjutsu really isn't going to play a big role in this fight. Kabuto can use Genjutsu, thats obvious. But all he's shown us is a technique that a Genin can dispel so its a non issue. If he were fighting against Itachi or Sasuke, there'd be validity to this discussion but as Genjutsu is not going to play a major role in this fight, its better to not waste time on it.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah. Bringing Manda 2.0 back would require the same amount of chakra it took to summon him in the first place, and the bigger the object, the more chakra it takes to summon it. That wouldn't be a problem if we knew for a fact Kabuto's chakra reserved dwarfs Minato's... but I doubt it does.

@Deepak: Yeah, I addressed all that already. I stated it's useless in this fight, but explained that Minato won't get a "get out of Genjutsu free pass" in his later fights. It's all above if you care to read through.
    Last edited by ninjabot; June 12, 2011 at 05:20 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deepak5191 View Post
    Summoning something as big as Manda 2 is going to be even more taxing, Kabuto can't just go around summoning all day long. On the other hand, Minato can simply ignore Manda 2 and go straight after Kabuto. Once he's in melee range of Kabuto, it's all over. He can get a Hiraishin seal on him, and then theres no where Kabuto can run.
    - I doubt it's more taxing, because even though Kabuto uses as space time jutsu to summon Manda 2 (Kuchiyose) Minato would be using a space/time jutsu to teleport him. Besides that, it takes time for Minato to teleport something that big, something that Manda 2 wouldn't likely give him. Also Minato was breathing heavily after teleporting the Kyuubi, Kabuto can summon big snakes without appearing exhausted afterwards.

- Minato wouldn't be able to tag Kabuto if Kabuto is hiding undergound or inside Manda 2's nostrils.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; June 12, 2011 at 05:21 PM.

22. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chilibun View Post
    I would agree with you except the Minato fanbase have consistently embellished all his feats more than any other group.

"A cannot land a hit on Minato from a distance as thin as a sheet of paper"
    Ee dashed in from a pretty good distance away. Just because Minato managed to dodge it at the last microsecond, doesn't mean he actually began to react and evade it at the last moment. I don't even know what to say if you actually think Minato can react to Ee if he started from a millimeter away.

"Minato can teleport Manda II around the field whenever he attacks (as evidenced by the teleportation of the Bijuu blast)"
    So far, Minato has only used this jutsu as if it opens a rift/portal for things pass through. He has never shown to use it as if he can just warp anything all over the field, especially incomplete objects. Otherwise, why didn't he just warp off Kyuubi's arm when it attacked him and Kushina.

"[Minato] can rip [Manda II] from Kabuto's control"
    Minato broke Madara's mental control of the Kyuubi. None of the regular summons are mentally controlled or bound to its summoner's will. There might not even be an actual "summoning contract" between Manda II and Kabuto seeing how he genetically created him as his pet.

"Minato could basically teleport anything he wants. He can easily telelport Manda II away if he desires"
    Again, totally exaggerated. Minato needed Bunta to hold the Kyuubi down to so he can have enough time to build up the necessary chakra to teleport something so large. Manda II is very big if you haven't realized.

"Kabuto regenerate from a incomplete rasengan but Minato's rasengan will be fully complete and is bigger in size than Naruto's regular rasengan I believe. "
    There is no such thing as an incomplete rasengan. Minato uses the same rasengan that Naruto and Jiraiya uses, not that its not enough as it is.

"Minato summons being way to much imo."
    Manda was able to handle himself quite well against Bunta and Katsuyu. Manda II is bigger, stronger, and faster than the original.

... Claims that base Minato, without Hiraishin, is faster than Armored Raikage...
    Is still a baseless assumption as all of Minato's exceptional speed feats are still performed with Hiraishin.

... Claims that Minato owned Ee and would have killed him...
    All the latest manga shows is that Minato bested Ee in speed. Minato only managed to to get behind Ee before Bee intervened and the fight ended. Raikage's armor was able to completely knocked Sasuke's raiton blade out of his hands and was barely penetrated by a direct chidori. Minato's kunai attack by all means is just a regular kunai attack. Their is no proof it can even penetrate his shield much less kill him. Cutting Hachibi's tentacle is not proof of any exceptional power. Sasuke cut off a fully transformed Hachibi tentacle with a Chidori spear and lets not forget that some Kumo dude was able to just eat it.

With all that said, Minato wins this. His speed is too much for a poor man's Oro, who haven't shown to be nearly as durable. He's not going to survive getting rasenganed or cut in half.
    If Manda II attacks Minato, Minato can teleport him. As with the bijuu blast that was advancing on Minato, Manda II has only really shown the ability to attack by advancing. I don't recall him using a slingshot or anything. So, if it advances on Minato, it can be teleported away to another Hiraishin location. Nothing makes this impossible or unlikely.

Rasengan can be different. Minato's rasengan looks larger than Naruto's, and Naruto's rasengan looks larger than Konohamaru's. As we has seen with non-elemental rasengan, the size effects the power.

With respect to A v. Minato, Minato was not shown reacting at all before Raikage was damn near landing the hit. If Minato had reacted sooner, A would never have been that close to begin with. To me it is evident he acted at the last possible fraction of a second. With A closing in, Minato reacting at the last possible second avoided A's full speed. That was just with A's speed one-sidedly. When it was Minato v. Madara, they were advancing on each other and Minato still waited to the last fraction of a second. It is among his abilities to us hiraishin effectively in that manner.
    Last edited by jdw; June 12, 2011 at 05:39 PM.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

24. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BaddAzzKenpachi74's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Minato takes this quite handily. Kabuto doesn't have the speed to compete with Minato. Though Kabuto is stronger since taking in Oro's cells, etc., he has not shown anything that allows him to survive combat with Minato. Hiraishin and Rasengan will end this fight pretty straight away. Kabuto might escape a few brushes with death using the body shedding technique, but he still dies in the end. Kabuto might even end up with a Hiraishin tag on him at some point. If he brings out Manda II, Minato summons toads. All snakes do is slide around and die, so there is no reason to expect much from them now. Minato FTW.
    This sums up my thoughts on the battle exactly.^^^

Kabuto has indeed become 1 of the strongest shinobi in Naruto but he has not shown anything that makes me believe he can take on the likes of Minato.

Minato takes this one.

Live for battle, enjoy every minute, death is the price u pay for a good battle, live to kill, no fear.
    by Kenpachi Zaraki
    . ("Discuss This" http://discussthis.freeforums.org/index.php

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast