Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

    33 30.00%
  • Darui

    77 70.00%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 66

Thread: Yamato vs Darui

  1. #16
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Where the Red Fern Grows
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,102
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I think this is the hardest to judge of the current fights. All the others are basically decided already, imo. Both Yamato and Darui are Kakashi caliber shinobi who are capable of great jutsu. I am not sure who would win yet, but I do think it is interesting that both use Suiton jutsu. It may be possible for either shinobi to take advantage of a Suiton used by the other, but Yamato might be in a better spot due to Mokuton jutsu.
    Wait... darui can use suiton!? o_O. I don't remember that.
    This is definitely a close match. But I am very disappointed in yamato's performance against kabuto but he is considered to be around kakashi's level. I'll wait b4 i vote

  2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  3. #17
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by Raizen View Post
    Wait... darui can use suiton!? o_O. I don't remember that.
    This is definitely a close match. But I am very disappointed in yamato's performance against kabuto but he is considered to be around kakashi's level. I'll wait b4 i vote
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-29786-...apter-461.html he only used one as far as I remember.

    It's really hard to decide here since both haven't exactly shown something that wows me over the other. Both have been hyped to a certain degree yet I haven't really seen them lived up to it yet. Although I would say that Yamato is more of a defensive ninja while Daru is more of an offensive one from what we have seen thus far. I'm going to wait for further debates as well before voting on this one.

  4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  5. #18
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Darkp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    Turkey
    Age
    31
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    132
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Darui has not just Lightning efficiency , he has a special Black Lightning and storm realease which seems very fast and sasuke shows lightning would really own mokuton . And darui's weapons with enchanced lightning could pierce through things , that is not just kakashi trick .

    With this basic math I will go for Darui .
    Last edited by Darkp; June 13, 2011 at 03:15 AM.
    People Live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true . That is how they define "reality" .
    But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their "reality" may all be a mirrage .
    Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world , shaped by their beliefs .

  6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #19
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    yamato ofcourse.. He can wrap darui with his mokuton then it's over.. The only one who can escape from that technique is the 4th tail naruto.. But darui doesnt have the strenght of raikage and a jinchuuriki.. and how can darui make a hand seal sign if his hand has been wrap by mokuton..]

    Yamato can make the ground in his own advantage.. so yeah.. yamato wins..
    ???? and what durai will wait till yamato trapes him, also we have seen what sasuke did to yamato before, so that is how much strength wood element has, also wood supresses kyubi

    to get onto main topic, durai vs tenzou/yamato, we have seen much more from durai, more offensive jutsu, KG while yamato is more defensive/support guy (and also wood isnt much usefull against lighting, well not in quantity yamato can produce)

    i see this battle as durai on offensive while yamato defending, but there are too many things on durais side

  8. #20
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by khar2 View Post
    ???? and what durai will wait till yamato trapes him, also we have seen what sasuke did to yamato before, so that is how much strength wood element has, also wood supresses kyubi

    to get onto main topic, durai vs tenzou/yamato, we have seen much more from durai, more offensive jutsu, KG while yamato is more defensive/support guy (and also wood isnt much usefull against lighting, well not in quantity yamato can produce)

    i see this battle as durai on offensive while yamato defending, but there are too many things on durais side
    Does darui has the sharingan or minato/raikage's speed to avoid an attack.? yamato can wrap darui with his mokuton from the undergound or from his body itself.. not unless darui was fying on the air..

    and does darui has a full body chidori like sasuke.? hell no.. darui need a hand sign to use his lightning..

  9. #21
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    Does darui has the sharingan or minato/raikage's speed to avoid an attack.? yamato can wrap darui with his mokuton from the undergound or from his body itself.. not unless darui was fying on the air..

    and does darui has a full body chidori like sasuke.? hell no.. darui need a hand sign to use his lightning..
    Wait, since when does it take Ei or minato level speed to avoid Yamato's attacks? As we've seen It takes one sign for darui to get his jutsu going. Yamato's jutsu aren't exactly the fastest in the manga, so its not like Darui could get caught and defeated that easily. We've seen that raiton can get through wood quite easily. so, there isn't any reason to assume Yamato would have this in the bag.

  10. #22
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    Does darui has the sharingan or minato/raikage's speed to avoid an attack.? yamato can wrap darui with his mokuton from the undergound or from his body itself.. not unless darui was fying on the air..

    and does darui has a full body chidori like sasuke.? hell no.. darui need a hand sign to use his lightning..
    that basicly means any doton usere could do same, and they would win in a instant,
    i think with all the speed shown it is little bit harder to get someone then is to say, also attack comes from ground and first attack the legs so with speed show in naruto i belive there is time to react

    and about yamatos speed, didnt kabuto get yamato, i mean he was wraped in some kind of earth/ wood barier, yet when he jumped from his body, yamato failed to strangle him(from point blank range), so much about wood speed, so if we asume durai needs same time to perform sels as kabuto to perform skin shed jutsu, and he performed suiton before sasuke could reach raikage, your theory falls to ground

    peace and love khar out

  11. #23
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Shaunlim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,829
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by Darkp View Post
    Darui has not just Lightning efficiency , he has a special Black Lightning and storm realease which seems very fast and sasuke shows lightning would really own mokuton . And darui's weapons with enchanced lightning could pierce through things , that is not just kakashi trick .

    With this basic math I will go for Darui .
    http://www.mangaday.com/Naruto/309/07/ Mokuton isn't exactly weak against Raiton. It wasn't mentioned to be weak against it to begin with.

  12. #24
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Wait, since when does it take Ei or minato level speed to avoid Yamato's attacks? As we've seen It takes one sign for darui to get his jutsu going. Yamato's jutsu aren't exactly the fastest in the manga, so its not like Darui could get caught and defeated that easily. We've seen that raiton can get through wood quite easily. so, there isn't any reason to assume Yamato would have this in the bag.
    Raiton can get through wood quite easily.? you mean sasuke's full body chidori..? does darui knows that technique.? maybe you're forgetting something that sasuke's chidori swords was even pushed back by yamato's mokuton..

    Yamato can use his mokuton cage to trap darui.. And he can wrap darui with his mokuton.. and i doubt darui has the strenght to break free from that technique that hold even the 4th tail naruto..

  13. #25
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaunlim View Post
    http://www.mangaday.com/Naruto/309/07/ Mokuton isn't exactly weak against Raiton. It wasn't mentioned to be weak against it to begin with.
    but it didnt seemed to hard

    Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    Raiton can get through wood quite easily.? you mean sasuke's full body chidori..? does darui knows that technique.? maybe you're forgetting something that sasuke's chidori swords was even pushed back by yamato's mokuton..

    Yamato can use his mokuton cage to trap darui.. And he can wrap darui with his mokuton.. and i doubt darui has the strenght to break free from that technique that hold even the 4th tail naruto..
    well we did saw black lighting, and that is something very similar to CN, also wood supresses kyuubi chakra so please dont use this as an argument couse kyuubi has -100000% handicap to wood, as it seems, that doesnt make a wood a rock solid

    Quote Originally Posted by khar2 View Post
    and about yamatos speed, didnt kabuto get yamato, i mean he was wraped in some kind of earth/ wood barier, yet when he jumped from his body, yamato failed to strangle him(from point blank range), so much about wood speed, so if we asume durai needs same time to perform sels as kabuto to perform skin shed jutsu, and he performed suiton before sasuke could reach raikage, your theory falls to ground
    ey d......s, dont use such a win argument if you dont want me to b..... slap you, did you hear me

    peace and love khar out

  14. #26
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by khar2 View Post
    that basicly means any doton usere could do same, and they would win in a instant,
    i think with all the speed shown it is little bit harder to get someone then is to say, also attack comes from ground and first attack the legs so with speed show in naruto i belive there is time to react

    and about yamatos speed, didnt kabuto get yamato, i mean he was wraped in some kind of earth/ wood barier, yet when he jumped from his body, yamato failed to strangle him(from point blank range), so much about wood speed, so if we asume durai needs same time to perform sels as kabuto to perform skin shed jutsu, and he performed suiton before sasuke could reach raikage, your theory falls to ground

    peace and love khar out
    Mokuton is different from doton.. Yamato can create a cage to trap darui and wrap him with his mokuton.. Does darui has a brute strenght.?

    Yamato failed.? by saving the other ninja.? ok.. yamato was captured by kabuto because of motoi..

    And yamato will not going to use his mokuton the way he use on kabuto.. Because yamato doesn't need any intel/info on darui..

    My theory falls to the ground huh..!! well, thats your opinion though..

  15. #27
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,813
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    Raiton can get through wood quite easily.? you mean sasuke's full body chidori..? does darui knows that technique.? maybe you're forgetting something that sasuke's chidori swords was even pushed back by yamato's mokuton..

    Yamato can use his mokuton cage to trap darui.. And he can wrap darui with his mokuton.. and i doubt darui has the strenght to break free from that technique that hold even the 4th tail naruto..

    And exactly how quick are yamato's jutsu? Not really all that quick. You doubt Darui has the strength? Based solely on the fact that Yamato held Naruto off long enough for him to use the suppression jutsu. Sasuke broke out of this:

    http://www.mangareader.net/93-314-10...apter-309.html

    He wasn't even using Chidori Nagashi at that point
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; June 13, 2011 at 09:53 AM.

  16. #28
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    386
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by khar2 View Post


    well we did saw black lighting, and that is something very similar to CN, also wood supresses kyuubi chakra so please dont use this as an argument couse kyuubi has -100000% handicap to wood, as it seems, that doesnt make a wood a rock solid

    peace and love khar out
    HUH..? yamato can use his wood/mokuton in sealing, attacking and wraping.. how come i can't use that as my arguments.? it was yamato's technique for god sake..

    Yamato's mokuton sealing technique to suppressed the kyubi's chakra is different from mokuton he use to wrap the 4th tail kyubi naruto..

    The kyubi is handicap to wood at 100000%.? really.? how about darui.? if his hand, body, legs has been wrap the way yamato wrap the kyubi, does darui can even escape just like the kyubi.?

  17. #29
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Country
    Croatia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    482
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    Mokuton is different from doton.. Yamato can create a cage to trap darui and wrap him with his mokuton.. Does darui has a brute strenght.?

    Yamato failed.? by saving the other ninja.? ok.. yamato was captured by kabuto because of motoi..

    And yamato will not going to use his mokuton the way he use on kabuto.. Because yamato doesn't need any intel/info on darui..

    My theory falls to the ground huh..!! well, thats your opinion though..
    what am i saying well
    he wasnt fast enought in reaction, he didnt react from point blank, re read it you will see, how the hell will he bind durais legs in time and durais hands if he didnt succeded with kabuto from point blank,

    and how is mokuton different from doton, they are the same shit, at least when it comes to binding
    i would go so far to say doton is better for whole body imoblization(tree has to grow in pattern, dirt can just harden when it fills holes)

  18. #30
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Soul Society
    Country
    Poland
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    5,150
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Yamato vs Darui

    Quote Originally Posted by bhasty
    how about darui.? if his hand, body, legs has been wrap the way yamato wrap the kyubi, does darui can even escape just like the kyubi.?
    You're saying as if Darui would be caught in sth like that. I don't see a case here, he is fast enough to not be able to put into sth like that. And the case with Yamato doing to KM4 what he did was when Kyuubi actually wasn't even moving <correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember him chilling out xd>
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts