Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

33 30.00%
  • Darui

77 70.00%
Thread Closed
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yamato vs Darui

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamato vs Darui

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    Both probably has a nice speed, thats all we know. And I didn't see Yamato creating roots under the ground to catch someone - when did he do that? xd
    If he can makes huge and complicated house from the ground he can do that. Besides, he did it twice : against Naruto during the training with Sai and against Naruto 4 tails just before supressing his chakra. He also grabbed quickly a K.O Sakura who was falling under the bridge, the principle is the same. Basically wood jutsu comes from the use of the ground (doton) and water...that's wood. Even if Yamato can make wood from his own body.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by khar2 View Post
    ->kabut was standing, being frendly
    ->nice but, not easy to do it to target that moves and strikes back

->dust is fire + earth + wind, so it doesnt mean dust is better binding element then earth alone or wood

tree while binding has to grow around, while earth or sand will swallow you thats more "speedy" and effective
    What the heck are you talking about..?

You said that DOTON is THE same SHIT as mokuton..

And now, you insisting that dust technique is better element than earth and wood.. ok...

ofcourse, i know that.. 1 + 1 + 1 isn't the same as 1 + 1..

Dust technique is compose of 3 elements, so it was so freaking obvious that it was damn more better than earth or yamato's mokuton..

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    Was Kabuto actively trying to fight him, or was he trying to heal Sakura? He didn't seem surprised at all by the fact that yamato caught him. Yamato hasn't shown the ability to quickly immobilize someone he's in actual combat with.
    it doesn't even matter if kabuto was trying to fight him or not.. my point is yamato's mokuton grab kabuto's hand and leg in an instant..

And He can create a mokuton cage in an instant to trap darui and wrap him with his mokuton inside the cage..

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Darui has shown plenty of fast reaction speed. He was able to counter Kinkaku's strike and launch his own technique while Kinkaku was still near him and was able to get to Ginkaku just as his laser beams were hitting. He should have no trouble countering Yamato's attack and landing his own.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post
    it doesn't even matter if kabuto was trying to fight him or not.. my point is yamato's mokuton grab kabuto's hand and leg in an instant..

And He can create a mokuton cage in an instant to trap darui and wrap him with his mokuton inside the cage..
    A target that is actively moving and trying to attack, is much harder to bind than a target that is barely moving. If he trys to make a cage, why can't darui just break out of it the same way sasuke did. Sasuke wasn't even shrouded in chidori nagashi when he escaped.
    Last edited by KiSwordsman; June 13, 2011 at 11:47 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A new perspective: I have restarted Naruto from the beginning.

One of our first big fights we get Sasuke vs Haku. Sasuke in that fight had fire element. Haku had Wind+Water=Ice. Sasuke's Fire element<Haku's Ice element in terms of strength as Haku said something like "you can't defeat me with a level of that jutsu" so Sasuke's fire jutsu was too weak against Haku's ice jutsu. If we break Haku's Ice compound down to its elements we get water and wind, and according the elemental wheel of strength and weakness we get Haku's Ice>Sasuke's Fireball technique but based on Haku's observation it was because he lacked power. Based on the component or elemental aspects we get Haku's Water element>Sasuke's Fire element and Sasuke's Fire element>Haku's Wind element.

Based on the above, we can deduce that if a compound element jutsu comprises of two elements and those two elements combine for no elemental advantage then the stronger jutsu prevails. So if we have two elements with one having an elemental advantage and the other having an elemental disadvantage then the stronger jutsu prevails. Now if we have a compound of two elements with no advantage against another element then the stronger jutsu ought to prevail.

Darui possesses lightning and water and Yamato possesses water and earth. We know know that Yamato's earth>Darui's water and that Darui's lightning>Yamato's Earth. So we get a situation in which is greater Darui's lightning or Yamato's water, and this will decide who wins on elemental advantage.

If two compound elemental jutsu's clash and 2=1>2>1 (water=lighting>earth>water), then we must assume based on Sasuke vs Haku where the stronger jutsu without elemental advantage wins against an elemental compound with no advantage , then two elemental compounds without advantage against each other will result in a win for the stronger jutsu.

Hence elemental advantage does not matter in this fight and the stronger jutsu will determine the result.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

But why not take it this way? They both have water so they are equal in this sense, but Darui has lightning which is over earth, so Darui has the advantage...

I think Ranton is the key here, because it is way too unpredictable, but unfortunately it doesn't have enough firepower...but it can serve as a distraction so, I think Darui is in a better position...

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Because Water>Earth, we get an elemental stalemate between Yamato and Darui.

Letters denote the user where Y=Yamato and D=Darui:
    So water (Y)=lightning (D)>earth (Y)>water (D).

Lightning (D)>earth (Y)>water (D)=water(Y) is not logical because earth (Y)>water (D). Because Darui's lightning is greater than Yamato's earth we cannot assume that Yamato's earth does not beat Darui's water. Hence we get Yamato's earth beats Darui's water and Darui's lightening beats Yamato's earth, so we end up with Yamato's water against Darui's lightening.

Alternatively, we could say: earth (Y)>water (D) and lightning(D)>earth (Y), so water (Y)=Lightning (D).

Sasuke vs Haku showed that elemental neutrality, even against a compound element, depends on power.

Hence we get lightning vs water, so it comes down to power in terms of elemental advantage.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lasers vs. Trees...

I'm going to go with Lasers...

Sub Elements are a good arguement point but they eventually just cancel out...

Black Lightning is a good Argue Point
    Chakra Surpressing is a good Argue Point

But whos to say Chakra Surpressing works on non jinchuruuki...

Darui
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

What if Yamato makes some kind of shell of wood ? Immunity (at least partial) against electricity jutsu (not the piercing one) ? We saw him fusing with earth or wood and wood can be create from anypart of his body so why not ?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never seen a tree cut down by stabbing it.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by licentious1 View Post
    I've never seen a tree cut down by stabbing it.
    well,even in our world trees are cut by lightnings.
    anyway I agree with Benelori,it doesn't matter if Tenzo's doton overcomes darui's water. they are equal in water than the other elements are raiton and doton--> darui is stronger. and they have got a kekkei genkai too,but darui has also got a balck raiton passed down by the 3 raikage,even though we don't know its details.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm still not sure about this one.

I'm leaning towards Darui more, I've been impressed with everything he has done so far. He has his storm release, black lightning, and his other two elements. He can also use a sword proficiently.

Yamato though has his wood release and has his two elements. His wood release seem more versatile than Darui's kekkai genkai (we haven't seen much from it).

Still not sure I would say there power levels are around the same spot. We haven't really seen Yamato in a one on one fight with anyone I think. Well I can't think of any right now =/

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx
    You were the one that said...
    But I was saying all along about ranton, not black raiton ^^' I don't agree on the subject on ranton - we know some stuff about that kg, whereas on black raiton we know only that its.. raiton <and on that I agreed with you>

The whole point is that Darui has abilities that we don't know what they are about like we know things about other jutsu.
    I know - give me an example please, then I will grasp the idea behind it xd

Yeah Ranton can be guided, but then again we have seen plenty of other jutsu that can be guided and controlled, so thats really nothing new or unique to Ranton.
    But its just another 'idea' that it can be guided or sth. And you said we know nothing about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuga
    If he can makes huge and complicated house from the ground he can do that. Besides, he did it twice : against Naruto during the training with Sai and against Naruto 4 tails just before supressing his chakra. He also grabbed quickly a K.O Sakura who was falling under the bridge, the principle is the same. Basically wood jutsu comes from the use of the ground (doton) and water...that's wood. Even if Yamato can make wood from his own body.
    In all of those instances he put hands to do that on the ground if I recall correctly, so he make some stance. Darui isn't a static character, he will do sth also when Yamato will try sth like that.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    In all of those instances he put hands to do that on the ground if I recall correctly, so he make some stance. Darui isn't a static character, he will do sth also when Yamato will try sth like that.
    No :
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-293-10...apter-288.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-292-15...apter-287.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-291-13...apter-286.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-291-14...apter-286.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-301-11...apter-296.html
    http://www.mangareader.net/93-314-10...apter-309.html

Just the mokuton heandseal, since he always (or almost) does the same hand seal for different use of Mokuton Darui can't read his attacks.
    Last edited by Gats; June 15, 2011 at 01:07 PM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

You got me there, Gatsuga, and thx for the links <thats what you got for not checking it by myself xP>

But I still won't deny that I don't see Darui being caught in any of those techniques. And even if, he has the means to break out.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Thread Closed
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast