Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

33 30.00%
  • Darui

77 70.00%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamato vs Darui

SCHWING LORD 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamato vs Darui

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned

The fact that Tenzou was trusted by the current and previous Hokage show that he's one of the most powerful Konoha has to offer. Tenzou was one shinobi who stood out the most even during Sandaime Hokage's tenure, and he's been entrusted with protecting Naruto and keeping the Kyuubi in check. He is also one of the very few juniors that Kakashi respects. Tenzou is a Mokuton user who has the cells of Shodaime Hokage in him and thus, the ability to control a bijuu. Combine all this together and you have one highly dangerous shinobi who can get the job done.

Highly skilled jounin from Kumogakure, he is the inheritor of the Black Lightning techniques and possessor of the Storm element bloodline limit.
    His skills landed him near the current Raikage, and he became one of his most trusted men, often referred to as the Raikage's right arm, and later on he commands an entire division as general in the 4th Great Shinobi World War.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by 3c; May 23, 2011 at 05:33 PM.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamato vs Darui

What a difficult choice,it's very hard to choose.the both of them can use the suiton,but tenzo's doton would be defeated by darui's raiton.and they have got a kekkei genkai. I don't know whom to choose...

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Darui - I'm really impressed with him so far; on the other hand: I wasn't ever impressed by Yamato as a Mokuton user. Sure, he has nice techniques when the time comes, but I don't see him as pretty much 1 on 1 offensive fighter, he seems to be at best when he fights alongside others <though I don't say he doesn't has nice offensive moves, because he shown several ones>
    Darui for me is just a Kakashi version of KumoGakure - I don't see him losing against Yamato. He seems to be versatile fighter and raiton should be nice against wood<?>. Yeah, I'm definitely going with him.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this is the hardest to judge of the current fights. All the others are basically decided already, imo. Both Yamato and Darui are Kakashi caliber shinobi who are capable of great jutsu. I am not sure who would win yet, but I do think it is interesting that both use Suiton jutsu. It may be possible for either shinobi to take advantage of a Suiton used by the other, but Yamato might be in a better spot due to Mokuton jutsu.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw
    but Yamato might be in a better spot due to Mokuton jutsu.
    I think wood element is pretty weak against sword infused with raiton, like when Sasuke with his kusanagi injected with raiton was just slicing through wood element of Yamato. Darui didn't show using such move, but he has a sword, and we know he can infuse it with raiton when he did that and left Suigetsu pinned to a wall
    Also, he has his own KG.
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Leaning towards Yamato. Mokut Bunshin are considered one of the best types of Bunshin thanks to the fact that the clones are more durable, meaning they can take multiple hits and keep fighting. Likewise, even though he's at a disadvantage with all of his elements (wood, water and earth vs. water, lightning, and black lightning... and storm element, lol), he's likely got a significant amount more chakra than Darui thanks to Shodaime's cells.

If it wasn't for the black panther ripping through all those I'd say Zetsu I'd say Yamato could overwhelm him with numbers... but actually, he probably could by simply making more clones. If there were trees nearby the clones could hide inside them and attack in secret... but I doubt there are trees in the fight. Ofcourse he could make them on his own, but if he made the forest, I'm positive Darui would be too smart to walk inside of it.

Close range Darui stomps though. He can shred through all of his wood with his raiton sword. Damn. Maybe Yamato doesn't have a better chance afterall...

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member shuha27's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

For some reason I am able to see the poll results and I'm not able to vote

Anywho I really have no idea about this one I'm gonna wait for more of the discussion. This battle can go either way.
    Last edited by Gats; June 12, 2011 at 03:40 PM.

11. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member kakashidad's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow i think this might be a first...i'm going against what you feel on this fight.lol.Darui for me is the
    black kakashi.Kumo version.I don't thnk that Tenzo is of that calibre tbh.He's aight...but he's had one
    too many poor showing for me during the manga.For me to see him beating Darui.They are both long
    to mid range fighter's that are more than able to preform close up.

I'm looking at how easy it was for kabuto to best Tenzo and those other two.Whilst he was guarding naruto.
    I know that maybe it was not the right match up for him.But his reaction time was piss poor imo.Darui black
    lighting technique should be enough to end this..but that lazer circus jutsu no joke either.I've not casted my
    vote just yet.But kumo seem like they will get this win imo.Tenzo was only good for comic relief.Kishi let his
    charactor down imo with that.Although i did love the facial expression.
    Last edited by kakashidad; June 12, 2011 at 03:51 PM.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted KnuckleheadedNinja's Avatar
    Country
    Nigeria
    Post Thanks / Like

I think i will give this to Darui. Yamato have been a big disappointment as far as i am concern.

"Too much hope is the opposite of despair... an overpowering love may consume you in the end."

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Darui is a pretty tough challenge for Yamato and I'm not sure if he can deal with the Panther...the ranton jutsu is pretty effective as it changes directions, and it's pretty much designed against Mokuton...just adding lightning to this whole fight is a big disadvantage against Mokuton...but since Yamato was anbu and has shown some ability in the manga, I will not vote that, to see if there's any good argument for him...I really doubt it though, because I don't think Yamato packs enough power to win this

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

The thing is Darui didn't show any lighting jutsu which pierces (without his sword). I'm not even sure that his laser circus can pierce, it probably just explodes when touching. He showed impressive use of the element but still. It seems like only Kakashi (and Sasuke since Kakashi taught him) masters the trick. Even Raikage said it's "Kakashi's trick".Of course it doesn't mean that no one else can't do that, but it indicates at least that it's not common at all, and even the Raikage himself didn't show any piercing raiton jutsu. So Kabuto's mokuton is safer than you're assuming, I think.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity NAM61's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i am going with darui but barley both have powerful bloodlimits and fight smartly. should be even but i think daruis black lightning should be able to destroy any wood element tech. and he can control where his storm release missile go so he can probably avoid yamatos locking wall

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the tougher fights to judge. It could go both ways honestly. Both have different ways to fight but I can't see one overpowering the other by a large margin. However I think I'll be giving this to Yamato but not until I read a few other opinions.

Mokuton was able to push out a Chidori infused Kusanagi so it can marginally hold up to Raiton especially if they are meant for explosions and not piercing. Yamato has a quick defense and giant large scale, landscape changing moves with his doton and mokuton techniques so it's going to be easier for him to get a hit in. However, a hit from Yamato can incapacitate other ninja's because mokuton can also bind the targets arms. As far as I can remember, I don't think we've seen a sealless move from Darui that would break through the wood binding his hands.

But on the other hand, Darui has shown excellent hand to hand skills, fighting both Kin and Gin at the same time, and manipulating the fight so that he got their weapons and they got hit by the Kokinjo.
    Hard one to judge imo, both are impressive but I think I'll go with Yamato simply because he has more destructive potential.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

yamato ofcourse.. He can wrap darui with his mokuton then it's over.. The only one who can escape from that technique is the 4th tail naruto.. But darui doesnt have the strenght of raikage and a jinchuuriki.. and how can darui make a hand seal sign if his hand has been wrap by mokuton..]

Yamato can make the ground in his own advantage.. so yeah.. yamato wins..

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm gonna go with Darui. Both are quite strong and intelligent, but Darui has shown that he can be pretty fast dodging and launching his own techniques, so I believe he would be able to avoid an attack from Yamato and counter with his own before Yamato could defend.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast