Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

33 30.00%
  • Darui

77 70.00%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Yamato vs Darui

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamato vs Darui

Quote Originally Posted by bhasty View Post

The kyubi is handicap to wood at 100000%.? really.? how about darui.? if his hand, body, legs has been wrap the way yamato wrap the kyubi, does darui can even escape just like the kyubi.?
    Why are you so sure that yamato will be quick enough to immobilized Darui without him having time time to do anything? Yamato's jutsu are not all that fast. Remember naruto had to be siting still and casually swiping sakura with a tail for yamato to trap him.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KiSwordsman View Post
    And exactly how quick are yamato's jutsu? Not really all that quick. You doubt Darui has the strength? Based solely on the fact that Yamato held Naruto off long enough for him to use the suppression jutsu. Sasuke broke out of this:

http://www.mangareader.net/93-314-10...apter-309.html

He wasn't even using Chidori Nagashi at that point
    How quick yamato's jutsu.? here, yamato's mokuton grab kabuto's hand and leg in an instant. and does darui can even escape from this attack.?, no way in hell..

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by khar2 View Post
    what am i saying well
    he wasnt fast enought in reaction, he didnt react from point blank, re read it you will see, how the hell will he bind durais legs in time and durais hands if he didnt succeded with kabuto from point blank,

and how is mokuton different from doton, they are the same shit, at least when it comes to binding
    i would go so far to say doton is better for whole body imoblization(tree has to grow in pattern, dirt can just harden when it fills holes)
    Mokuton ( suiton + doton),

so does suiton + doton = mokuton are the same shit as doton.? ok..

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity KiSwordsman's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How quick yamato's jutsu.? here, yamato's mokuton grab kabuto's hand and leg in an instant. and does darui can even escape from this attack.?, no way in hell..
    Was Kabuto actively trying to fight him, or was he trying to heal Sakura? He didn't seem surprised at all by the fact that yamato caught him. Yamato hasn't shown the ability to quickly immobilize someone he's in actual combat with.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Mokuton ( suiton + doton),

so does suiton + doton = mokuton are the same shit as doton.? ok..
    ->kabut was standing, being frendly
    ->nice but, not easy to do it to target that moves and strikes back

->dust is fire + earth + wind, so it doesnt mean dust is better binding element then earth alone or wood

tree while binding has to grow around, while earth or sand will swallow you thats more "speedy" and effective

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention, that bhasty didn't show HOW Yamato captured Kabuto, when they were actually engaged in some fighting <you know, when Kabuto first revealed that he absorbed Orochimaru cells>. And it was actually Yamato and Naruto vs Kabuto if I recall correctly when Yamato said he will capture Kabuto ^^'
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It's probably one of the thoughest fight to decide since the beginning of the tournament, but in the end, I think I would have to go with Darui.
    I think that he would have no problem cutting through the wood and he has shown to be a skilled swordman, something that Yamato didn't showcased.

Also, wood is a good electricity conductor and Darui could totally use that against Yamato, IMO.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

The Green Knight MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Gats's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    It's probably one of the thoughest fight to decide since the beginning of the tournament, but in the end, I think I would have to go with Darui.
    I think that he would have no problem cutting through the wood and he has shown to be a skilled swordman, something that Yamato didn't showcased.

Also, wood is a good electricity conductor and Darui could totally use that against Yamato, IMO.
    Absolutely not. Wood is an electricity and heat insulator.

Besides Darui didn't show any amazing speed, Yamato can find a way to immobilize him by creating roots under the ground. I'm still unsure how to vote.
    Last edited by Gats; June 13, 2011 at 01:08 PM.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted zerocooldx's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    I think this is the hardest to judge of the current fights. All the others are basically decided already, imo. Both Yamato and Darui are Kakashi caliber shinobi who are capable of great jutsu. I am not sure who would win yet, but I do think it is interesting that both use Suiton jutsu. It may be possible for either shinobi to take advantage of a Suiton used by the other, but Yamato might be in a better spot due to Mokuton jutsu.
    "Kakashi caliber shinobi" what does that mean? It certainly can't mean that either one is on Kakashi's level as a shinobi. Because that would just be a ridiculous statement given everything Kakashi has shown compared to these two. Thats just not even an argument.

Yamato's only claim to fame was the fact that he has Hashirama's DNA and thus possesses Mokuton. However we haven't seen him do anything great with it against anyone worth mentioning. And Darui's shining moment in the manga came when he got possession of Rikudo's Sacred Weapons. Sure hes got Black Raiton, but no one knows what thats even about. And the same applies to his Ranton. Sure those two things looks fancy and great, but we have no idea what they do. And nether one was the reason as to why Darui succeeded in any of his fights that we have seen. Darui wins, but thats largely because Yamato hasn't shown anything useful at this level.

"Upon the back of his body not a wound of retreat scars it."
    One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Lelo's Avatar
    Country
    Lebanon
    Post Thanks / Like

I say Darui, I dont see him having a problem with earth/wood cause of his lighting and sword techs. It would be a nice fight to see but in the end Darui wins

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuga
    Besides Darui didn't show any amazing speed, Yamato can find a way to immobilize him by creating roots under the ground.
    Both probably has a nice speed, thats all we know. And I didn't see Yamato creating roots under the ground to catch someone - when did he do that? xd

Ahh, my favourite guy to quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by zerocooldx
    Sure hes got Black Raiton, but no one knows what thats even about.
    Sure - probably we will learn more when Sandaime Raikage zombie will have a fight. Agreed.

And the same applies to his Ranton. Sure those two things looks fancy and great, but we have no idea what they do.
    You're serious? You saw first usage against Sasuke? You saw the second one against Ginkaku? And you saw the third one against Kinkaku? We have "an idea what" it does.

And nether one was the reason as to why Darui succeeded in any of his fights that we have seen.
    The best argument ever so far in this tournament <3

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior View Post
    You're serious? You saw first usage against Sasuke? You saw the second one against Ginkaku? And you saw the third one against Kinkaku? We have "an idea what" it does.

The best argument ever so far in this tournament <3
    Tell me what exactly is it that Ranton and even Black Raiton are suppose to do? I'm listening. We know absolutely nothing of Black Raiton. And all we ever saw of Ranton abilities is that it can be guided. Which is certainly useful, but nothing battle changing given how affectively it was used. It did nothing great against Sasuke, but in all fairness neither did any other jutsu. However against Gin and Kin Darui didn't succeed because of his Black Raiton or because of Ranton. He had success because of pure luck with him changing his most used word at the last second.

He used Black Raiton to take out a bunch of random fodder Zetu clones. Yet for some reason he did not bother using it against Gin and Kin at all. Even when he was facing certain defeat. Sure it may not have defeated ET shinobi, but it would have bought him more time to do something if it that great and awesome. I'm not conceding anything to anyone with abilities that we have no idea what they are about. Thats pretty dumb to do. Yet Darui is still going to beat Yamato because Yamato's Mokuton is most useful when applied to construction.

One Piece is a series created by a genius, it's a masterpiece, it's like a fine wine, it only gets better with time.

Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Tell me what exactly is it that Ranton and even Black Raiton are suppose to do? I'm listening.
    I already agreed we don't know the specifics behind black raiton - I just consider it raiton, so why do you ask me about that?
    Ranton - to attack, of course, simple.
    btw. you're reading xd

We know absolutely nothing of Black Raiton. And all we ever saw of Ranton abilities is that it can be guided.
    I already said about black raiton in the previous post, now I'm repeating myself..
    Wow, so now Ranton abilities are guided; I remember that you wrote:
    Sure those two things looks fancy and great, but we have no idea what they do.
    I agreed about black raiton, I didn't agreed on ranton, and now we have an "idea" that its guided, wow.

He had success because of pure luck with him changing his most used word at the last second.
    Of course, when did I not agree on that?

He used Black Raiton to take out a bunch of random fodder Zetu clones.
    I give up, man. I wrote I "agreed" in the previous post, whats the problem with telling me about 'nothingness' of black raiton besides it being raiton?

I'm not conceding anything to anyone with abilities that we have no idea what they are about. Thats pretty dumb to do.
    Of course it is.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You were the one that said...

Quote Originally Posted by juUnior
    The whole point is that Darui has abilities that we don't know what they are about like we know things about other jutsu. And more importantly in his fights those jutsu haven't been the reason that he has won. Yeah Ranton can be guided, but then again we have seen plenty of other jutsu that can be guided and controlled, so thats really nothing new or unique to Ranton. We don't know what Ranton or Black Raiton are about. They were never explained to us like other jutsu have been. We just saw them in action and we have to judge for ourselves what they can or can't do based off of subjective observations. But we really do have no idea what those abilities/jutsu are about. We just don't. So its very difficult to judge Darui's capabilities based off of unknowns or very little knowns. Which was my whole point.

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't make up my mind!I will vote when I'll see the next chapter,hoping there will be something about them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member EMS's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow This one it is really hard ,yamato is a clone of hashirama but not even close to him while this Darui it is alittle dramatic and lazy but so far he is something else with his lighting element plus he's a pupil of killer bee. i will give it to yamato but his wood/earth element is weak against lighting like we saw against sasuke in that encounter in orochimaru hide-out so i need to see more abvour darui but anyway, raikage picked darui to be his other hand for one reason because A knows that darui is strong like the way that he believed in bee while he was a kid and was going to become a The Jinchuuriki.

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast