Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 597 by BadKarma

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

33 30.00%
  • Darui

77 70.00%
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Yamato vs Darui

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamato vs Darui

databooks state Tenzo became chunin when he was 6 years old.shall we assume it as truth?it's wrong IMHO! Kishi wrote that to equal Tenzo to Kakashi.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    databooks state Tenzo became chunin when he was 6 years old.shall we assume it as truth?it's wrong IMHO! Kishi wrote that to equal Tenzo to Kakashi.
    Does that really count? And why is it wrong...if the databook says it, then it's true man...with the exception of some timeline issues, which I'm not really familiar with though....back when Tenzou and Kakashi started out as shinobi...there were other circumstances...there was war...so it's understandable

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

I promised I'd vote when the new chapter would come out. well,there were neither Darui nor Tenzo in this chapter,but I have to vote someone. I've voted Darui because I think he is a bit stronger,and because his raiton overcomes tenzo's doton.in suiton they are equal,and they both have got a kekkei genkai.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    I've voted Darui because I think he is a bit stronger,and because his raiton overcomes tenzo's doton.in suiton they are equal,and they both have got a kekkei genkai.

I've seen this line of reasoning and it is not sufficient enough to cast a vote for Darui. While Darui's lightning beats Yamato's earth, Yamato's earth beats Darui's water. Darui and Yamato have equal elemental advantage in both water and water. Darui and Yamato have equal elemental advantage in both lightening and water.

Yamato and Darui both have a kekkei genkai, an elemental compound (two elements combined), an elemental advantage over the other, and two elements that are of equivalent strength.

That said, what evidence can anyone provide to determine insight as to the outcome of this fight. I still haven't voted.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm starting to go for Darui here...in taijutsu we can probably agree that they are both around the same level...we've seen no genjutsu so there's only ninjutsu left...but there is also swordplay which gives Darui the edge here...we've seen that lightning based weapons can hurt Mokuton, and we know that Darui possesses not just a sword, but also shuriken and other stuff that can be imbued with Lightning...

However Yamato can easily go for restraining him and sealing his movements...he can easily grow trees from the ground to immobilize him, and we saw that he has the speed to get even Madara in his grasp...but I think Darui can get through thanks to the his lightning based weapons...he also has long raged attack, the panther move seems pretty large in order to electrocute him unless Yamato shields himself...

He can follow up his water element with the lightning just like he did with Sasuke and no doubt that will give him an opening...he will surprise Yamato...

So I think a surprise attack and follow up with lightning charged weapons gives Darui the edge here...though I can think of scenarios where Yamato can win over Darui

Like for example restricting his moves like he did with Madara, and in the next split second he grows spines from the branches to stab Darui...

It's tough but Darui has a bit of an edge working in his favor...I think

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ... 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Darui wins and will face Minato in the second round of the Top Tier.

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5