Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply

Thread: [Shoujo] Limit by SUENOBU Keiko

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

[Shoujo] Limit by SUENOBU Keiko

Limit ( リミット)
    By SUENOBU Keiko

Demographic: Shoujo
    Status in Japan: 3 volumes (ongoing)
    Serialized in: Betsufure (Kodansha)
    Manga Detail Page: Here

Synopsis: A group of girls are on their way to a camp when the driver passes out and causes the bus to drop from a cliff. The few survivors gather together and try to survive until rescue comes.
    Last edited by vintagemistakes; March 18, 2011 at 08:59 AM.

Vintage Reboot 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity vintagemistakes's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

limit

http://mangahelpers.com/news/details/517#comment_8790

Quote Originally Posted by baboysai
    hmm, Limit does seem like a Lord of the Flies rip, but because of that I'm interested to see how that goes. Besides, high school is a more trying time than childhood, I guess. And the fact that they're all girls makes it more interesting, since I think girls are more viciously competitive than boys.
    The fact that the characters are indeed female, does make it quite interesting. It's not all macho barbre and dancing around a fire after one kills a pig - it's deeper and more psychological.

As you said, girls are more vicious then guys at that age. They can be very catty, vindictive and form cliques that exclude others for silly things. Not saying that guys can't be the same way, but they are a little more tame and don't hold grudges as long. They tend to 'duke it out' and then thats the end of it.

I have only read the first two volumes (up to chapter 7) and there was an interesting cliffhanger at the end... hopefully, I'll have the time to read the next couple of chapters soon. :3

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [FEATURED][Shoujo]Limit by SUENOBU Keiko

I've read up to the newest chapter that this group of scanlators put together-I don't know if this has been licensed or not yet, but I doubt it since there are still scanlations around-and I read up to chapter 11. Very addicting! Extremely good! I suggest it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Shoujo]Limit by SUENOBU Keiko

I really like this series. It has a lot of potential, so I just hope it doesn't go in the same direction as her last series ("LIFE") did, in which, although it started off as a realistic take on a teenage girl experiencing troubles in her life, by the end it was just a ridiculously crazy mess.

As someone pointed out, it's really unique in that it's an all female cast (well..at first anyhow) so it brings along a whole new angle. I really look forward to where this series heading!
    Want to read Japanese novels translated into English?

Check out my blog:
    Japanese Novels Blog

New Reply