Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 'The Hearts' Innocence True Ability

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Gadwin's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Heart Theory

Theres alot of things about innocence we dont know, i mean even Chaoji had innocence in his hands, which was quite weird cause exorcists are born.. not created.

Something it happening this millenia in the D.Gray Man world and i think things are changing
    Final fantasy Crisis core fan!
    Devil May cry fan!
    Disgaea fan!
    D.Gray-man fan!
    The Skull Man fan!
    PS3 owner!
    PSP owner!
    Guilty Gear fan!

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Bassment's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think an exorcist has to be born with his/her innocence. That only applies for parasitic types. I think an exorcist can only be found to be compatible or not when the innocence 'allocated' to him/her activates itself during a time of emergency (consider Allen and Chao-ji).

Both the Black Order and the Noahs are in a race to look for the Heart. Thing is, neither knew much about it (the Noahs are even going to the extent of destroying all innocence in order to locate the Heart). However, who's to say that the Heart has to be different from other pieces of Innocence?

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Choaji wasnt allocated any innocence, it just happened to grow within him
    Devil May cry fan!
    Disgaea fan!
    D.Gray-man fan!
    The Skull Man fan!
    PS3 owner!
    PSP owner!
    Guilty Gear fan!

Proofreaders 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Digital_Eon's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gadwin View Post
    Choaji wasnt allocated any innocence, it just happened to grow within him
    Tiedoll sent him the Innocence at the beginning of the Ark arc (it was that shining ball). He didn't have it from the beginning.

The only Exorcist we know of who was born with Innocence or had it from a very early age is Allen. Krory is proof that parasitic-types do not need to be with their Accomodator right from the beginning; he gained his Innocence when Cross's plant bit him.

Exorcists are (almost certainly) born with the ability to use Innocence, or Innocence chooses them at that time, but they have to find Innocence on their own or with the help of others.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    Tiedoll sent him the Innocence at the beginning of the Ark arc (it was that shining ball). He didn't have it from the beginning.

The only Exorcist we know of who was born with Innocence or had it from a very early age is Allen. Krory is proof that parasitic-types do not need to be with their Accomodator right from the beginning; he gained his Innocence when Cross's plant bit him.

Exorcists are (almost certainly) born with the ability to use Innocence, or Innocence chooses them at that time, but they have to find Innocence on their own or with the help of others.

Oh yes, i remember that! Im sorry for my apprent noobish persona. I do know alot about D.Gray-man
    Devil May cry fan!
    Disgaea fan!
    D.Gray-man fan!
    The Skull Man fan!
    PS3 owner!
    PSP owner!
    Guilty Gear fan!

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schwindelmagier's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 'The Hearts' Innocence True Ability

Because these two threads, "heart's true ability" and "heart theory", discuss the same, I merged them together.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kailen View Post
    I think Allen or Lenalee are the heart, or both, because they seem connected to each other somehow(dreams with each other) and that could have to do with the Heart, also because everyone else in the manga thinks it`s one of them.

That is along the lines of what I and a few people think. But the fact that we guessed that may or may not make it so.

So much foreshadowing suggests that Lenalee and Allen are strongly connected, so it would be kind of annoying if we found out Krory or someone had the heart. (although a new character might be nice).

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

We still dont know about the other generals exorcists, we still need to be introduced to them and find out if they have the heart
    Devil May cry fan!
    Disgaea fan!
    D.Gray-man fan!
    The Skull Man fan!
    PS3 owner!
    PSP owner!
    Guilty Gear fan!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We still dont know about the other generals exorcists, we still need to be introduced to them and find out if they have the heart
    We've already seen the Innocences of the Generals (in the manga, anyway; I can't speak for anime-watchers) and there's nothing to indicate that they'd be the Heart instead of Allen/Lenalee. In fact, the reason everyone came to the conclusion that Lenalee had the Heart was that her Innocence was behaving strangely. Presumably, strange behaviour by a General's Innocence would have been noted and that General would be suspected of it.

Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Eon View Post
    We've already seen the Innocences of the Generals (in the manga, anyway; I can't speak for anime-watchers) and there's nothing to indicate that they'd be the Heart instead of Allen/Lenalee. In fact, the reason everyone came to the conclusion that Lenalee had the Heart was that her Innocence was behaving strangely. Presumably, strange behaviour by a General's Innocence would have been noted and that General would be suspected of it.
    (Im talking about the Manga)

Not the generals, the exorcists under the Generals supervision. But your right, they would have noticed anything strange if the excorcists innocence acted up.

ALTHOUGH, if it has yet to come then of course we wouldnt have seen anything yet.
    Devil May cry fan!
    Disgaea fan!
    D.Gray-man fan!
    The Skull Man fan!
    PS3 owner!
    PSP owner!
    Guilty Gear fan!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Not the generals, the exorcists under the Generals supervision.
    We've seen all the Exorcists that there are in the manga; there are only ten aside from the Generals (not counting Link, though, if that's what he is). The only Exorcist who hasn't invocated Innocence onscreen to our knowledge is Hevlaska, and she's unusual in a different way.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I try to think of this symbolically, because Hoshino is so heavy with the symbolism. Evil is considered, by many, the lack of goodness-perhaps the "Heart" is something much more difficult to destroy than we ever imagined.

I know how they say that as long as there is hope in the heart of one person, the devil has not yet won.

Scanlator 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member RockStar1426's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Croxx View Post
    I think some prediction of its ability :
    -.Could this Innocence 'revive' the other Innocence which is already be destroyed?
    -.from its name 'The Heart',I wonder if this Innocence can influence any 'heart' of living creatures.
    -.or maybe it can pulled out the full strength of Innocence.
    Say if all that was true. guess who that would really only leave as a sensible person to have the heart. Of course, Allen Walker.
    - I mean his Innocence was destroyed and revived.
    - The innocence closed up the hole in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by ttxdragon View Post
    The only known difference to regular innocence is that the heart, if destroyed, renders all innocence in its entirety useless.
    that's the reason for it being so precious - it would end the war by making the exorcists powerless, if it gets destroyed.
    To correct that statement if the Heart is destroyed there wouldn't be any innocence cause they'd all be destroyed at the same time, or shortly after. Hell, who even knows i the heart can be destroyed, maybe it can revive itself if need be like what happened to Allen.

It would be kinda ironic if Allen had both the heart Innocence and was a Noah (we all know he's the 14th Noah.)

As of right now. I can only see Allen Walker possessing the Heart. Cause like it or not he has the highest probability of possessing it. Not failing to mention he is the only KNOWN Exorcist who was born with Innocence already in his body.

"What's the difference between a king and his horse?
    I don't mean kiddy shit like "One's a person and one's
    an animal" or "One has two legs and one has four."
    If their form, ability, and power, were exactly the same,
    why is it that one becomes the king and controls the
    battle, while the other becomes the horse and carries
    the king?!...There's only one answer...INSTINCT!"
    - Shirosaki

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member haya5h1's Avatar
    Country
    Malaysia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RockStar1426 View Post
    As of right now. I can only see Allen Walker possessing the Heart. Cause like it or not he has the highest probability of possessing it. Not failing to mention he is the only KNOWN Exorcist who was born with Innocence already in his body.
    Not necessarily. Suman Dark was also a parasite-type, and there's a high likelihood that he was born with Innocence in his deformed arm as well. And Allen has described the late Maria as possessing a parasite-type Innocence, though not an Exorcist (maybe she died before she could officially become one). Krory is parasite-type too, and it's never been really clear whether Cross' plant implanted Innocence or if it triggered the dormant Innocence that was already in him.

Also,... we really have only Allen's word for it that he was born with Innocence already in his body. Allen has no reason to lie, but would even he remember what it was like when he was born? The only way he knows is because Mana told him, and Mana was not what he seemed. Plus Timcanpy gives plenty of reason to suspect that Cross and Mana were working closely together before Allen was born.

IMO the case for Lenalee's Innocence being the Heart is actually a little stronger, because it was an Equipment type to begin with and therefore not as attuned to her as a parasite-type would be to its Accommodator, and yet it took independent action to protect her... that would indicate that her Innocence is, at the very least, abnormal.

As for the nature of the Heart... I dunno, all it seems to be is one giant Achilles Heel for the Exorcists. No. 1, destroying it destroys all the other Innocence, leaving the world defenseless against the Earl; and no. 2, once the Black Order finds it, they'll need to divert resources to protect it. If it really is a "crystal of God" you'd think He wouldn't have made it such a screamingly huge vulnerability
    Last edited by haya5h1; March 09, 2008 at 03:59 AM.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by haya5h1 View Post
    Also,... we really have only Allen's word for it that he was born with Innocence already in his body. Allen has no reason to lie, but would even he remember what it was like when he was born? The only way he knows is because Mana told him, and Mana was not what he seemed. Plus Timcanpy gives plenty of reason to suspect that Cross and Mana were working closely together before Allen was born.
    Yeah, what with the song that mentions Allen being born or something and all. Since Mana didn't (or shouldn't) know what Innocence looks like, Allen probably assumes he's had his Innocence since he was born because he was abandoned at that time due to his deformed arm. If he wasn't abandoned, or was for other reasons, then the theory of him being born with it goes straight out the window. For all we know, Allen's arm could be the result of a genuine birth defect and had nothing to do with the Innocence, which is implanted in his hand (and just happened to use his arm?). Unlikely, but...

Quote Quote:
    As for the nature of the Heart... I dunno, all it seems to be is one giant Achilles Heel for the Exorcists. No. 1, destroying it destroys all the other Innocence, leaving the world defenseless against the Earl; and no. 2, once the Black Order finds it, they'll need to divert resources to protect it. If it really is a "crystal of God" you'd think He wouldn't have made it such a screamingly huge vulnerability
    The Order held the belief that a strong Innocence was the Heart, which I guess would have some advantage... and if it is Allen/Lenalee (as half the DGM cast seems to think), the Heart does more than just be a big target for the Noah. Aside from saving its own user, Allen's (and possibly Lenalee's, unless Innocence can't normally be destroyed by natural forces) has proved to be pretty darn indestructible. If some weapon capable of destroying it existed, everyone on Earth is pretty much screwed anyway...

New Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast