Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply

Thread: Amano-sensei's art

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Amano-sensei's art

Well recently I realised that her art has been well, lacking. It just looks lazily done and the art style has changed and lost everything I've fallen in love with. (like those hooks on the end of the hair) and there are far too many shadows and it just doesn't look right. If you compare her art in the recent chapters to the future arc's you should see what I mean (tsuna has lost his cuteness due to overdone shadows on the face and hair) 
    I know she's trying hard and her head is probably going "work on the plot, you're already a proffesional mangaka so you don't need to worry about the art." Ive also spotted many, many mistakes recently (such as the eyes are not aligned the mouth is half done, or there's a dot for a nose)  I suppose I'm only complaining because I know she can do much much better.. (heck the art when they were having a mimicry showdown for chrome was 1000x better, she should fire the person doing the shadows) But the art just bugs me, I just want it to be like the way it was before, in the future arc. Anyone agree here?

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Amano-sensei's art

Yeah, I agree. It seems the art is much more sloppy than before and certain characters suddenly look too similar (I actually confused Dino with Byakuran at one point and only the tattoo showed me otherwise. And Kyoko looks like she could be Dino's sister now). I honestly hate when this happens. A series starts off with not so good art and then it gets so much better and then they enhance it so much that it actually gets worse and makes me unable to read/watch it. The worst part is, there is a very small chance of it going back. Unless maybe fans wrote a bunch of letters to her about it, but that seems unlikely.
    Maybe that's why this arc is getting low ratings (or so I've heard), because of the art...but who knows.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been getting low rankings lately cause there wasn't any fights recently just tsuna's growth
    Yes all my favourite mangas just get pure lazy and it makes me upset :/ maybe the art will pick up once the fighting begins

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the art during the beginning of Inheritance Ceremony Arc is better enough. However, ever since the start of the battle with Simon, it quickly changed worse. For example is Kaoru's character design; when I checked it, his design in the beginning and during the battle is very different, right? Personally, I think his design at the beginning of the arc is better than now. Either Amano become lazy to continue this manga or her assistants made mistakes...?

I just hope she can improve her art style to better since there's a huge chance that this series going to end soon enough (But as a fan, I hope it can continue longer).

New Reply