Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Guardian's strength?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Guardian's strength?

I'm curious as to why most people put Yamamoto above Gokudera? I personally think Gokudera is much more versatile, being able to attack from various ranges with bombs, and use Various flames in bullets. But that's just my opinion...

Epic Brofist!

MH Senpai 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member BianchiChrome's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello!

I think that perhaps it is because Yamamoto has won more fights. Reborn has also said that he has the potential to be a great hitman. Gokudera has had more fights that he has not been able to win until his recent one. Gokudera has been called by Gamma the feared Right Hand Man of the Vongola family. I believe that they have a sort of equal strength in different ways. I feel that is why they are the ones that stand by Tsuna most of the time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

1 Tsuna and Hibari : both are strong have sense in battle and versatile and can fight illusions pretty easy.
    2 Mukuro : his 6 paths of reincarnation, illusion and cunning tactics make him deadly in battle both in power or in strategy
    3 Yamamoto and Gokudera : they have their own unique qualities that make them a rank 3. Yamamoto, as a natural born hitman, have sense and adaptable in combat. He also come up with new techniques and use them proficiency. Gokudera, on the other hand, is the smartest in the team and with his 5 flame waves and his CAI he can face virtually any opponents at any range. They are both fearsome to fight with and if they team up, I think they can fight anything that come in their way.
    4 Ryohei : Though he is super strong, may be even equal to Hibari (strength wise), he lacks good battle strategy and versatile range attacks but if he is his 10 years later, he is equal to yama and goku.
    5 Lambo : He has so strong flames output and his experience of battle since a kid make him a prodigy with a promising future, not now. but his 20 years self is another thing, he could possibly be on rank 3.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the things I dislike about shounen manga, in that they tend to classify everyone in power levels. Granted, Reborn! isn't so bad as other series when it comes to power levels seeing as it hardly mentions them. In the few times that it has, Hibari was stated to be the strongest guardian and at one point Ryohei was the weakest. When I read Reborn! I tend to see all of the guardians (minus Tsuna) sort of equally, with the differences being small yet still significant.

First off, Tsuna is the boss, which makes him the most powerful out of the seven guardians (this is shounen after all).

Hibari is the most powerful of Tsuna's guardians. He has proven this fact more recently when he won against his equivalent Adelheid and when he fought and fared quite well against Daemon Spade. In both of these instances he has shown skill as well as strenghth, using his box weapons and gear to come up with effective and powerful strategies. He was at one point pretty average when compared to the other guardians, that point being the Future Saga (not counting his badass future self), however he has now regained his position as the strongest guardian.

Mukuro/Chrome could probably be considered the second strongest guardian. After all, Mukuro was once the lead villain of an arc, being equal to Tsuna and defeating Hibari. It's difficult to tell since we haven't seen that many battles in which Mukuro himself participated. And as hard as it is for me to say, Chrome really hasn't proven herself to be that powerful unless she fights together with Mukuro. The Mist Guardian is however one of the best when it comes to skill, using intelligence and illusions to win fights rather than brute force.

Yamamoto could also maybe be considered the second strongest guardian since he's shown himself to be quite the impressive swordsman and has also defeated many powerful enemies, including Genkishi who had previously humiliated him in a fight. Yamamoto defeated the second most powerful Varia member and also fared pretty well against Daemon Spade (though he might not have been fighting with all his strenghth). I may be something of a fanboy, but Yamamoto is definitely one of the top guardians.

Ryohei is an interesting case. He used to be considered the weakest out of all the guardians (his only attack was a powerful punch after all). However, at the end of the Future Saga, Ryohei was probably the most powerful, almost defeating the strongest Funeral Wreath if it weren't for his handicap (this was also the point that I became a Ryohei fanboy ). He is perhaps the strongest when it comes to actual strenghth, but he is lacking a bit of skill (such as when it comes to strategies). His Vongola Box is beastly as is his Vongola Gear, but the latter comes with a price. His fight against Aoba wasn't the most impressive as he did end it with a draw, but then again it was more of a boxing match then a fight.

Gokudera is the most intelligent out of all the guardians, perhaps even the best when it comes to skill. He may not be the most powerful guardians, but he comes up with great strategies, such as the one used in his fight against Shittopi-chan. He has several abilities which he uses creatively and efficiently. It's just a shame he's lost a few more fights that the other guardians. He did sort of win against Gamma and Zakuro though.

Lambo is a guardian I kind of feel bad for. He always seems to get the short end of the stick when it comes to fights. However, he does hold a lot of potential. At 5 years of age he's shown an awesome display of power. And even though he's a coward 10 years later, he can still win when fighting for his pride. I wish we could see more of Lambo and I'm getting tired of his position as a guardian being ignored.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Rummy's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay this is my ranking:

1. Hibari - Because it's often said that he is the strongest of the guardians. And he definitly showed it in all his fights.)

2. Mukuro - If it would be only Chrome I would have give her the 5th place after Ryohei, but I think Mukuro is much stronger than the rest of the boys (Yamamoto, Gokudera, Ryohei). I definitly would like to see more Chrome action. In every fight she had Mokuro took control and finished the fight at the end or helped her... She didn't show her own power so far...

3. Well this is pretty hard... In the previous arcs I thought that Yamamoto is still a little bit stronger than Gokudera. But in the current Inheritance and Shimon arc I think that the difference between them is almost gone. Maybe it's just because that the Vongola Gear of Gokudera is so damn cool and hot! So after the last fights I think that the third place goes to Yamamoto AND Gokudera.

4. Ryohei - That don't mean that I think he's weak, definitly not. But I have to say that he's a little bit behind the rest of the boys. Maybe it's because he has no real weapons...I don't know. But I have to admit that I like his new Vongola Gear more that Hibari's or Chrome's. It's way more cool.

5. Lambo - Would it be the TYL Lambo I would put him on the same place. Because even ten years later I think he's not as powerful as the rest of the guardians. I think he will never be a big fighter... Just like the first Guardian Lampo. But again I have to say that I really like his Vongola Gear. At the beginning I was a little bit confused about that armour thing and I didn't know if I should like it or hate it. But after I reread the few chapters of his last fight I think it's kinda cool.
    !Friends to the EXTREME!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Hibari™'s Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

My ranking is

1 - Tsuna ... well this is a shonen , he's the boss and hibari already stated that he has the highest growing potential, aside from reigning atribute and the KHR main source of power , will , and tsuna's will has proven to be invincible when he wants to it.

2 - Hibari/Mukuro - Hibari's very strong phisically and mentally , as proven when tsuna was in despair after hearing one of Daemon's lies about his father.And Mukuro is very flexible and good with battle strategism , also he can understand the use of boxes/weapons without any training.

3 - Yamamoto - Im kinda fanboy cuz i pratice kendo as well , but , i like him cuz he doesnt relies just on pure Box/VG Potential and has a style to fight.

4 - Gokudera - Smartest guardian with the highest potential for strategistic purposes , but relies too much on firepower and lacks skill most of the time , that's why he loses too much

5 - Ryohei - He's insanely strong on brute force , but he's kinda clueless about everything aside from strength , and his VG is way too risky.

6 - Lambo - He's not a good fighter even TYL , and when he fights , it's always just for a second , maybe just like lampo , he's unconciously trying to not get involved in trouble.But i would give him second place (yeah , higher than hibari) if thats 20-yrs later, when he has TYL ppl age , he's way stronger even without future weapons , that means he would be a insane guardian with a VG , for example.
    Last edited by Hibari™; June 25, 2011 at 10:03 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Fomano's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

1 - Tsuna - He can fly, has super speed and is able to destroy a entire island.

2 - Hibari - Took Adelheid down probably the strongest Shimon excluding Emma and exchanged a few hits with the insanely hyper powered D. Spade, and is considered by most of the characters as the most fearsome and strongest Vongola guardian.

3 - Yamamoto - I think he would be stronger than Mukuro if they fought directly, against another opponent they are at the same level (maybe Mukuro is slightly stronger). After the humiliating defeat at the hands of Genkishi, he have trained to counter even the most powerful illusions. He has keen senses, a rain radar and exclusive techniques to counter illusions. The best athlete in Vongola and have the greatest pontential as a Hitman. Shigure Souen provides Yamamoto with a considerable range of offensive and defensive techniques and because of this he's probably the best weapon user in Tsuna's Vongola. Fought with a double flamed(!?) D. Spade, who clearly had no intention of losing to Yamamoto, and he even won the fight rather easily. If I remember correctly he fought Hibari in the early chapters and even though he lost, he was better than Goku even protecting his arm at the time.

3.5 - Mukuro - (One of the) Greatest illusionist(s) in the world, and able to hold his on against Hibari and Byakuran, even though D. Spade purposefully lost to him, we were able to see the potential power of his VG.

4 - Goku or Ryohei

6 - Lambo or Chrome

p.s. Sorry for my poor English, yaay \o/~~

p.s.² As almost everyone put Mukuro as stronger than Yamamoto I have focused on him to show why I think he's stronger than the Owl Boy.
    Last edited by Fomano; June 29, 2011 at 08:57 PM.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

1) is deffs tsuna, cause he's the boss....
    2) hibari
    3) mukuro
    4) gokudera/yamamoto they're equal
    5) ryohei
    6)chrome (just by herself)
    7) lambo

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Vongola11th's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly I do not count the mist as a gaurdian attribute because Mukuro does not deserve such an honorable title and chrome is too obsessed with Mukuro that if he wanted to he could get chrome to turn her back on the Vongola. so here goes...

1. Tsuna/Natsu
    2. Hibari/Hibird and Roll
    3. Yamamoto
    4. Ryohei
    5. Lambo
    6. Gokudera

Dont get mad or anything i just based this on the past battles... the only battles Gokudera really won were against Shitopi-chan and against Byakurans Storm Gaurdian. i know he was injured during the battle with Mukuro so he wasnt at his full potential so i wont count that one, but still his score would be 2/6 whichi is 25% and would result in an F overall.

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Why I have seen Ryohei above Gokudera in lists I will never know. Perhaps we are reading a different manga.

If Tsuna is included, by the law of SHounen main character plot power, its just ignorant to put Hibari first. Hibari only coz the author has stated he is. Honestly he and Mukuro seem even. I would rather she underline the difference between the two. Mukuro is my fav. character and I am yet to see how Mukuro would actually lose to Hibari. But the author herself has said Hibari is the strongest so oh well.

Tsuna
    Hibari/Mukuro
    Yamamato/Gokudera
    Ryohei
    Lambo

Gokudera's persistence against Future Gamma was amazing. Yamamato is acknowledged by Reborn. I think they are plot rivals and will always be same level.
    Lambo is a lil brat lol.

Chrome is not a Guardian. Tsuna's father gave the ring to Tsuna. Unlike Chrome, every guardian had come into contact with Tsuna before becoming Guardians. She only had the ring coz Mukuro was arrested. She was a temporary guardian.
    Mukuro is out of jail, so Mukuro is the Guardian. Strength-wise she is not even half of Mukuro.
    Also, while each Guardian is almost reincarnation of a member of the firsts team, it should be noted that there was no female in Vongola Primo's team.

---------- Post added at 09:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    I'm curious as to why most people put Yamamoto above Gokudera? I personally think Gokudera is much more versatile, being able to attack from various ranges with bombs, and use Various flames in bullets. But that's just my opinion...
    Yamamato's sword technique and skill would likely get through this.

Yamamato has displayed better skill. Remember he beat Squalo while Gokudera drew with Belphegor......
    Not too hard why people put Yamamato above but I get what you mean. I see them as equal or Yamamato > Gokudera.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CrudeCross View Post
    Yamamoto could also maybe be considered the second strongest guardian since he's shown himself to be quite the impressive swordsman and has also defeated many powerful enemies, including Genkishi who had previously humiliated him in a fight. Yamamoto defeated the second most powerful Varia member and also fared pretty well against Daemon Spade (though he might not have been fighting with all his strenghth). I may be something of a fanboy, but Yamamoto is definitely one of the top guardians.

Ryohei is an interesting case. He used to be considered the weakest out of all the guardians (his only attack was a powerful punch after all). However, at the end of the Future Saga, Ryohei was probably the most powerful, almost defeating the strongest Funeral Wreath if it weren't for his handicap (this was also the point that I became a Ryohei fanboy ). He is perhaps the strongest when it comes to actual strenghth, but he is lacking a bit of skill (such as when it comes to strategies). His Vongola Box is beastly as is his Vongola Gear, but the latter comes with a price. His fight against Aoba wasn't the most impressive as he did end it with a draw, but then again it was more of a boxing match then a fight.
    What a great post! I agree with everything you've said but these two are the ones I agree the most on. Before, I personally thought Yamamoto was the strongest guardian evan stronger than Hibari. Along with Tsuna, I think Yamamoto has the best potential for growth as seen in his battles with Genkishi. From getting beaten up to practically owning Genkishi, Yamamoto destroys. Given the chance, I think Yamamoto should and is capable of either matching Hibari or even defeating him. He uses his flames in a strategic manner (tranquilizing his opponents' flames) and has a flawless set of attacks (It's perfect!)

Ryouhei is a very interesting case, and isn't given the credit that he deserves. I thought he was a pretty bad character up until his fight with Kikyo, the strongest Funeral Wreath; when he showed his resolution for fighting. I admit I was pretty impressed. Also, I personally thought his battle against Aoba was one of the most epic fights in the manga. People say that it was boring and it dragged on... well, this is an action-oriented manga. His fight with Aoba not only showed his improved fighting skill but his resolution and that made me respect him. I mean, come on, how epic was that battle? Punch for punch, flame for flame, both fighters were really giving it all they got and were pushed to their freakin' limits. If only Tsuna had a fight like this, where he had to go all out and some.

Just my two cents. ;D

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Impossibility's Avatar
    Country
    Bahamas
    Post Thanks / Like

Tsuna, as boss, is portrayed to be the strongest of the lot. He is, after all, the boss and lead character of the manga.

As for the Guardians:

Hibari, his pure combat ability and tactical strengths, place him as the strongest of the guardians.

Mukuro (Chrome) would be second in power. However, the difference between Hibari and Mukuro is somewhat insignificant. His illusions, armed combat, and strategic abilities put him just shy of the top spot.

Yamamoto comes in third. Yamamoto, as has been shown, is pure talent. If he would apply himself on a regular basis, rather than only during life or death situations, he would likely occupy the top spot of the Guardians.

Gokudera occupies the fourth spot. He has strong tactical abilities and the use of his arsenal offers him significant destructive power. His loyalty also makes him very determined during his battles for the 10th.

Ryohei is probably the least of the Guardians in terms of strategy and tactics, with the obvious exception of Lambo. Not to say he lacks any tactical abilities, he simply is shown to be far less focused and moderately less intelligent than his peers. He, of course, has high resilience and high hand-to-hand combat capabilities.

Lambo is obviously the weakest of the Guardians, he's an infant. Plus 10yr Lambo, for me, would probably remain in the bottom spot, but by an obviously much smaller margin. Plus 20yr Lambo would be somewhere in the mix among Tsuna, Hibari, and Mukuro. At this point, plus 20yr is difficult to measure because of his limited exposure.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Yamamato's sword technique and skill would likely get through this.

Yamamato has displayed better skill. Remember he beat Squalo while Gokudera drew with Belphegor......
    Not too hard why people put Yamamato above but I get what you mean. I see them as equal or Yamamato > Gokudera.
    Gokudera had managed to beat Bel, it was only the rules of the fight that stopped him from winning. Had it been a straight up fight, like Yamamoto vs Squalo, then Gokudera had won by KO.
    And personally I think with Systema CIA, which allows Goku to fire shots in any combination with elements of rain, sun, lightning, cloud, and storm, combined with his intellect, that he is one of the stronger guardians. He managed to - while injured from protecting Yuni - hold his own and severely damage one of the strongest funeral wreaths. He, using Systema CIA for the first time, fought off Gamma - who was deemed strong enough to co-lead a team in the representative battle.

In short, don't underestimate him.

Epic Brofist!

Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

Gokudera had managed to beat Bel, it was only the rules of the fight that stopped him from winning. Had it been a straight up fight, like Yamamoto vs Squalo, then Gokudera had won by KO.
    And personally I think with Systema CIA, which allows Goku to fire shots in any combination with elements of rain, sun, lightning, cloud, and storm, combined with his intellect, that he is one of the stronger guardians. He managed to - while injured from protecting Yuni - hold his own and severely damage one of the strongest funeral wreaths. He, using Systema CIA for the first time, fought off Gamma - who was deemed strong enough to co-lead a team in the representative battle.

When you say one of the stronger guardians... Do you mean Tsuna/Hibari/Mukuro level? If so then your out of it.

Gokudera didnt ''KO'' Bel and wasnt close to doing so either.
    Yamamoto is recognized by Reborn as a natural at being a Hitman. They are either equal or Yamamato is above atm.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a difference between being strong and having potential for being strong. Yamamoto as I've said before has a list of battles that he won a majority of. With Gokudera's equipment, he has an amazing potential to be one of the strongest characters in the series, IMO. But he hasn't been given the chance to prove himself truly. Also, in terms of opponents, Yamamoto fights stronger opponents than Gokudera. Think of these guys as the "Monster trio" from One Piece.

Luffy = Tsuna, (they obviously fight the hardest opponents).
    Zoro = Yamamoto (They fight the second strongest; Squalo (Varia Arc), Genkishi (Melone Invasion Arc)
    Sanji = Gokudera (Whoever's left) Lol.

New Reply
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast