Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 50

Thread: Guardian's strength?

  1. #31
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Momotaros View Post
    There's a difference between being strong and having potential for being strong. Yamamoto as I've said before has a list of battles that he won a majority of. With Gokudera's equipment, he has an amazing potential to be one of the strongest characters in the series, IMO. But he hasn't been given the chance to prove himself truly. Also, in terms of opponents, Yamamoto fights stronger opponents than Gokudera. Think of these guys as the "Monster trio" from One Piece.

    Luffy = Tsuna, (they obviously fight the hardest opponents).
    Zoro = Yamamoto (They fight the second strongest; Squalo (Varia Arc), Genkishi (Melone Invasion Arc)
    Sanji = Gokudera (Whoever's left) Lol.
    Perfect example even though Im not that far ahead into One Piece I understand this well.

    But im not saying Gokudera is weak by any means.

    I genuinely think its:

    Sawada Tsunayoshi
    Hibari Kyoya/Rokudo Mukuro
    Yamamato Takeshi
    Gokudera Hayato
    Sasagawa Ryohei
    Lambo

    In order of strength.

  2. #32
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Oxford, UK
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    715
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    When you say one of the stronger guardians... Do you mean Tsuna/Hibari/Mukuro level? If so then your out of it.

    Gokudera didnt ''KO'' Bel and wasnt close to doing so either.
    Yamamoto is recognized by Reborn as a natural at being a Hitman. They are either equal or Yamamato is above atm.
    No, I don't mean Hibari/Mukuro level. The guardians are in 3 ranks - The aforementioned beasts, then Gokudera/Yamamoto, then Ryohei/Chrome/Lambo.

    As for Bel, http://www.mangahere.com/manga/katek...12/c104/5.html shows it precisely. Bel was down. Bel was fighting more out of instinct than anything else. It's said Bel has pretty much no strength left. The only reason he won was because Gokudera forfeited the ring in order to escape the building, at Tsuna's request. Bel lost.

    Epic Brofist!

  3. #33
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    No, I don't mean Hibari/Mukuro level. The guardians are in 3 ranks - The aforementioned beasts, then Gokudera/Yamamoto, then Ryohei/Chrome/Lambo.
    Chrome isnt a Guardian anymore. She was a temporary guardian. Mukuro gave her organs for a while so he could keep Chikusa and Ken safe as Iemitsu Sawada said as long as Mukuro fulfilled his role as guardian they would stay safe.
    Remember she only stayed in the main cast as her popularity was surprisingly high and was initially not meant to be so central to the story like the rest of Kokuyo. But fans loved her so she stayed in the team.
    However Mukuro came 3rd in Popularity so the author had to bring him back to the story.
    The ring was given to Mukuro.

    Spoiler show

    Remember how they all resemble the 1st Guardian of their flame? Chrome has no connection to Daemon at all, and while all the Guardians were meant to be those who had confronted and engaged with Tsuna, Chrome had never met Tsuna or had any connection with him til Mammon pwned her

    But...
    Chrome is NOT Ryohei level hahahaa. 10 years later Lambo and Ryohei would kick her ass lets be fair.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu-Sama View Post
    As for Bel, http://www.mangahere.com/manga/katek...12/c104/5.html shows it precisely. Bel was down. Bel was fighting more out of instinct than anything else. It's said Bel has pretty much no strength left. The only reason he won was because Gokudera forfeited the ring in order to escape the building, at Tsuna's request. Bel lost.
    But Gokudera wasnt strong enough to break away and get the win. Others would have been able to break off and kick his ass.
    Although i agree Gokudera > Bel, I think they were practically equal here no?
    Last edited by Airgrimes; April 12, 2012 at 07:40 AM.

  4. #34
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    I'd rank them as follows:

    Hibari
    Mukoro/Chrome
    Yamamoto
    Gokudera
    Ryohei
    Lambo

    Yamamoto and Gokudera are Tsuna's closest guardians, obviously, but I think the series has been trying to make the point that while Gokudera is Tsuna's right-nad man (and therefore high up the pecking order), Yamamoto is a better fight.

    In terms of raw fighting ability I'd put Ryohei above Gokudera, and even high than Yamamoto in terms of raw power, but because of his hot-headedness and Gokudera's brilliant tactical ability, he ranks lower.

  5. #35
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    I'd rank them as follows:

    Hibari
    Mukoro/Chrome
    Yamamoto
    Gokudera
    Ryohei
    Lambo
    Are you saying they are the same? Im current with the manga and all but I think that's pushing it a bit.
    I dont see Chrome and Mukuro equal just yet lol.

  6. #36
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Are you saying they are the same? Im current with the manga and all but I think that's pushing it a bit.
    I dont see Chrome and Mukuro equal just yet lol.
    Nah, just that I count them as one guardian. And whenever either of them fights it's almost either Mukuro doing the fighting or both of them at the same time/in the same body, or Chrome with lots of help from Mukuro in some way. They place so high because of Mukuro's strength, not Chrome's. If it was Chrome on her own I'd probably rank her between Ryohei and Lambo. Maybe above Ryohei because of his stupidity.

  7. #37
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    Nah, just that I count them as one guardian. And whenever either of them fights it's almost either Mukuro doing the fighting or both of them at the same time/in the same body, or Chrome with lots of help from Mukuro in some way. They place so high because of Mukuro's strength, not Chrome's. If it was Chrome on her own I'd probably rank her between Ryohei and Lambo. Maybe above Ryohei because of his stupidity.
    Lol I get what you mean.
    But they are separate now, (If your current with the manga) and Chrome isnt useless/patchetic anymore. She is no longer a Guardian now but she can now fight properly

  8. #38
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Airgrimes View Post
    Lol I get what you mean.
    But they are separate now, (If your current with the manga) and Chrome isnt useless/patchetic anymore. She is no longer a Guardian now but she can now fight properly
    According to manga though, she's still counted as a guardian. They're both the Vongola Mist guardians.

  9. #39
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyanoai View Post
    According to manga though, she's still counted as a guardian. They're both the Vongola Mist guardians.
    That's correct; she's still counted as the Mist guardian. In fact at no point has she been referred to as a "temporary" guardian, and if only one of them can be the guardian, she's it; it was she that received the Vongola ring, it was she who received the Vongola gear. When Mukuro's used that equipment it was only when borrowing Chrome's body. Now that they're separated the Vongola gear is in her possession, not his.

  10. #40
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    139
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    That's correct; she's still counted as the Mist guardian. In fact at no point has she been referred to as a "temporary" guardian, and if only one of them can be the guardian, she's it; it was she that received the Vongola ring, it was she who received the Vongola gear. When Mukuro's used that equipment it was only when borrowing Chrome's body. Now that they're separated the Vongola gear is in her possession, not his.
    Actually, Mukuro's had the Vongola Gear this entire time after he was released, and still does. Technically, he was the one who gained all the rings even when in Chrome's body. He beat Mammon for the mist ring, his future self was in possession of the ring when they were unleashed and he's the one who turned the rock into the VG. There's just too much confusion to which is the 'real' Mist Guardian and both of them are referred to as such, so I say it's both. Who says there has to be one?

  11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  12. #41
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    That's correct; she's still counted as the Mist guardian. In fact at no point has she been referred to as a "temporary" guardian, and if only one of them can be the guardian, she's it; it was she that received the Vongola ring, it was she who received the Vongola gear. When Mukuro's used that equipment it was only when borrowing Chrome's body. Now that they're separated the Vongola gear is in her possession, not his.
    Dude. HE used the Vongola Gear and all. And if anything, MUKURO is the Vongola mist guardian as he was the one that was chosen. Chrome wasnt even meant to have such a central role in the story and the author was stunned at her popularity.
    The real guardians are the ones that were chosen by Iemitsu and Reborn. They chose Mukuro.

    For all of Chrome's attainment of Rings or Gears, Mukuro played a massive role. She would be dead without him, and was only relevant to the guardians as she was the connection to Mukuro.

    Remember it was Mukuro himself, who shared his role with her. Without him she would be dead and will forever owe her life to him. He didnt necessarily have to choose her to share it with. He could have chosen someone else.
    People forget that it was Mukuro's choice to share the guardianship.
    If anything, he shares it with her, but she has no connection to the 1st Team like the rest of the guardians do.

  13. #42
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Tame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Liverpool
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    24
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    684
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Miyanoai View Post
    Actually, Mukuro's had the Vongola Gear this entire time after he was released, and still does. Technically, he was the one who gained all the rings even when in Chrome's body. He beat Mammon for the mist ring, his future self was in possession of the ring when they were unleashed and he's the one who turned the rock into the VG. There's just too much confusion to which is the 'real' Mist Guardian and both of them are referred to as such, so I say it's both. Who says there has to be one?
    Mukuro turned the rock into the gear? Oh, I forgot that - my bad! I only remember Chrome using it against the Funeral Wreaths. But I agree, they're both the Mist guardians.

  14. #43
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tame View Post
    Mukuro turned the rock into the gear? Oh, I forgot that - my bad! I only remember Chrome using it against the Funeral Wreaths. But I agree, they're both the Mist guardians.
    Exactly. Mukuro chooses to share the title with her.

  15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #44
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member keng4896's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Country
    Malaysia
    Age
    18
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    68
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Basically, it is true that mukuro IS the Vongola Guardian of Mist, but now that Chrome is shown to be a great battle potential which is comfirmed by Mukuro (i wonder what Mukuro's "warrior" means), she might be stronger than mukuro in the future. My hyper intuition says that.

  17. #45
    Intl Translator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Airgrimes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Beika City
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,365
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Guardian's strength?

    Quote Originally Posted by keng4896 View Post
    Basically, it is true that mukuro IS the Vongola Guardian of Mist, but now that Chrome is shown to be a great battle potential which is comfirmed by Mukuro (i wonder what Mukuro's "warrior" means), she might be stronger than mukuro in the future. My hyper intuition says that.
    That's so baseless its frightening.
    When the technique was used, it was all MUKURO lol. Chrome added power. She did not in anyway create the technique. Remember it could have been Flan who could do it, although Chrome's flame is stronger than Flan's what they said.

    When the technique was used, the Vindice said immediately assumed Bermuda was talking about Mukuro Rokudo and complimented him. The Vindice didnt really react to Chrome.
    Honestly Chrome has gotten stronger, but nothing suggests she is even near Mukuro level strength. All she did was add her flame to someone else's technique.

    Mukuro > Chrome forever in this series. Just be glad she is now an awesome fighter as oppose to being useless up until now.
    Had Mukuro not had made that amazing Illusion, what good would Chrome have been?

New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts