Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dvs review of 540: "Madara's Strategy"

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member ricardDvs's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Dvs review of 540: "Madara's Strategy"

Hello, first of all... My name is Ricardo aka RicardDvs, and this will be my first review... Hope you enjoy it, lemme know in your comments!
    Lets get the show on the road.

Madara's Strategy:

This chapter starts from where we left of last week, Neji looking for Sakura until he finds her and starts talking to her. If you remeber last week, the chapter ended with Neji killing two medical-nins and Sakura getting a love letter from a strange dude. Well the love letter isnt important .... but Neji killing people is, and there were many guesses on why "he" was doing it:

-Genjutsu by Itachi/Nagato;
    -He just went crazy;
    -It was Zetsu disguised as Neji;
    -Kabuto/Madara killed him and used him as Edo Tensei. (not plausible because the eye color change is one of the features in Edo Tensei summons).

Lets talk about every single one:
    - This was one of the strongest choices, as we know Itachi-san is one of the best in Genjutsu and last week appearance of both, in a long time, brought this up.
    - PTSD... on Neji isn't quite plausible but we never know...
    - My favorite, we know Zetsu can mimic a person's to the chackra... he has done if before, and that would bring a nice twist to the whole 100,000 Zetsu's on the battlefield, besides killing unknown people.
    - I've explained it above, so.... read it

Putting a little break on this novela next page we have Itachi and Nagato talking... Saying that the battlefield at night is a staring contest and that they don't understand why the user of the technique (which Nagato identifies as Madara's ally) doens't throw them at the battlefield...

So as we move forward and after their apperance, we see Neji laying down in battlefield next to Kiba and Akamaru... This is the moment where we (the readers) find out that on the medical camp is a fake Neji.

Here we see Kiba asking Neji if he's ok, if he wants to go to the medical camp but Neji says he's fine... On that page, we also see Hinata saying that she must work harder because Neji is out... and Shino warns to not overuse her Byakugan too because his bugs are acattered all over the place. She replies that she must give 100% because this war is to protect Naruto...
    Next, "Neji" is talking to Sakura, and at a certain point he asks where Shizune-san is. Sakura answer's saying that she's taking care of TonTon (her pig) answer to what "Neji" replies "Will she be able to return to battle?"

... Sakura, immediately after this discovers and decides to bust the spy. She says that she can form seals, and the spy falls for it saying "Thats a relief." The moment after, "Neji" asks Sakura to see his hand one more time, and prepares to attack her... but Sakura decide's to put the act out and violently punches "Neji"... That reveals to be Zetsu. The noise brings other med-nin's to the tent where Sakura is and they all look surprised and asking what Zetsu is. Sakura then just unveils all the truth about the jutsu that Zetsu uses and he looks kinda embarassed that she knows all that...
    Meanwhile, at the HQ:

Mayhem and chaos. Zetsu's have infiltrated the perimeter and there are assassinations happening. We actually get to see one as Sakura's fan kills both his comrades while their in a peeing contest. Not cool man.
    Shikaku doens't know what to do, and Fuu and himself contemplate that Itachi can be doing this but Fuu says that it's too much, even for him... Shikaku tries to calm himself down and think things out but he fails to find a immediate solution.

After that, and the last page of the chapter, we see Naruto and Bi heading to the battlefield at great pace... until they are interrupted by the Raikage and the Hokage, saying that they must stop right there... I like when Bi said Hokage's chest's an "E" .

That ends the chapter and the title of the next one is "Naruto vs Raikage"... hmmmmmmmm this sounds good!

Hope you liked the review, it's just my first but many more to come!
    Best moment of the chap:

Nagato and Itachi talking on top of a Giant super-swagger Dog statue = priceless!

hope to see you in comments below me! Holla

2. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dvs review of 540: "Madara's Strategy"

good work
    it's always good to see new reviewers.
    I'd recommend, for future, try to spend a bit more time developing your thoughts about the chapter and then elaborating on them. You can experiment with the narative elements too. I personally read reviews because give me a different perspective on the chapter, so I'd like to have more to read. My preference is for reviewers to take priviledge to go down tangents and digressions occasionally, but that's upto your reviewing style I guess.

Anyways, thanks for the review. I liked the collection of speculative ideas at the start - it's a nice recap for those who don't read the forums too much. Hope you keep on writing

Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyz View Post
    good work
    it's always good to see new reviewers.
    I'd recommend, for future, try to spend a bit more time developing your thoughts about the chapter and then elaborating on them. You can experiment with the narative elements too. I personally read reviews because give me a different perspective on the chapter, so I'd like to have more to read. My preference is for reviewers to take priviledge to go down tangents and digressions occasionally, but that's upto your reviewing style I guess.

Anyways, thanks for the review. I liked the collection of speculative ideas at the start - it's a nice recap for those who don't read the forums too much. Hope you keep on writing
    thanks anthony, thats always good to hear.i also thought that i didnt write much about speculations or wtv... but by the end of the raikage pic i was kinda lazy and tired... next chap sure will do! thanks

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ricardDvs View Post
    Best moment of the chap:

Nagato and Itachi talking on top of a Giant super-swagger Dog statue = priceless!
    I agree. This was the best moment of the chapter for me too. I liked how they were just casually chillin at a temple while things were crazy everywhere else.

Intl Translator MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted juUnior's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

Thx for the review, its always nice to see a new person doing a review ^^ <though I don't have any suggestions/critique this time>
    ..:: I LoVe I's ::.. [Naruto] Share your thoughts on: Boobies

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh,this review is better than usual,you have been able to say everything in a shorter space.anyway I agree,the best of this chapter was to see nagato and itachi again,but I didn't like that Itachi seems better and smarter than nagato. Ehi,wait a moment!how the fuck did nagato climb that statue,I wanna see itachi to put him on the tail,and then to go down and to sit down

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mattiaildivino View Post
    Oh,this review is better than usual,you have been able to say everything in a shorter space.anyway I agree,the best of this chapter was to see nagato and itachi again,but I didn't like that Itachi seems better and smarter than nagato. Ehi,wait a moment!how the fuck did nagato climb that statue,I wanna see itachi to put him on the tail,and then to go down and to sit down
    ahahah maybe thats the truth, Itachi put Nagato on top and slided down... quite cool of him

anyways, I didnt notice that Itachi seemed smarter than Nagato... could you give an example please?

Registered User 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! mattiaildivino's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

ahahah maybe thats the truth, Itachi put Nagato on top and slided down... quite cool of him

anyways, I didnt notice that Itachi seemed smarter than Nagato... could you give an example please?
    nagato wondered why they weren't fighting yet,and itachi answered in a smart way.anyway nagato shouldn't have asked anything because she should be the best of them IMHO. but we have to admit that itachi thought it was madara who was controlling them and nagato had already understood it was a new ally of madara.anyway itachi answered "true",how cool...

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

nagato wondered why they weren't fighting yet,and itachi answered in a smart way.anyway nagato shouldn't have asked anything because she should be the best of them IMHO. but we have to admit that itachi thought it was madara who was controlling them and nagato had already understood it was a new ally of madara.anyway itachi answered "true",how cool...
    yeah that awnser was so smooth ... but like I said in another thread, they both have a lot of knowlegde about whats happening, Akatsuki etc... I'd say their info. complements each other.
    and about Nagato questioninga that to Itachi, it sounded preety much like a retorical question to me... like when somebody questions you in the morning "are you up?" when they clearly see you standing there... UP

Reviewer 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member blackjack612's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah that awnser was so smooth ... but like I said in another thread, they both have a lot of knowlegde about whats happening, Akatsuki etc... I'd say their info. complements each other.
    and about Nagato questioninga that to Itachi, it sounded preety much like a retorical question to me... like when somebody questions you in the morning "are you up?" when they clearly see you standing there... UP
    Itachi and Nagato have been the high points of the past couple of chapters. I think having them deployed to the middle of nowhere (for now) and just casually catching up on the past and the state of the world now is a good decision. Both of them are highly skilled ninja who have had huge political impacts on the five nations.

I also think that this teamup will lead to someone on the Allies side (or Sasuke) to fully figure out the reasons for the war. Itachi learning of Sasuke's quest for revenge could be a big turning point in the Sasuke vs. Naruto plot thread. Likewise, the combined knowledge of Nagato and Itachi could unlock the secrets of the Sage and perhaps help Naruto master Kyuubi-chakra mode.

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack612 View Post
    Itachi and Nagato have been the high points of the past couple of chapters. I think having them deployed to the middle of nowhere (for now) and just casually catching up on the past and the state of the world now is a good decision. Both of them are highly skilled ninja who have had huge political impacts on the five nations.

I also think that this teamup will lead to someone on the Allies side (or Sasuke) to fully figure out the reasons for the war. Itachi learning of Sasuke's quest for revenge could be a big turning point in the Sasuke vs. Naruto plot thread. Likewise, the combined knowledge of Nagato and Itachi could unlock the secrets of the Sage and perhaps help Naruto master Kyuubi-chakra mode.
    i actually like what Kishi is doing with them, he just leaves them tchillin... until the moment they have to stomp preety much everyone until Naruto gets there. I also agree with you on the point that their info. is preety valuable... we also don't know whats the "power" itachi gave naruto (if it really was something).

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member MONKEYS's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Decent review, I agree with anthonyz though. I mean, it's a review, talk about how it made you feel, what you like (check), what you didn't, maybe what you'd personally like to see (ie speculate). That's my 2 cents, but hey, good start, that image placement is sure to come in handy for future reviews.

Also, the guy who killed the two ninja "draining the lizard" isn't the same as the one as the guy who gave Sakura the love letter (I assume that's who you meant when you said "Sakuras fan)
    That guys hair is black and spiky (and I'm pretty sure he's Iwa), but the murderous guys hair is blond (or white) and straight (and he's wearing a Kiri undershirt). Not trying to be mean here, just clarifying.

EDIT: Also, why didn't you mention the part where Neji yelled at Akamaru instead of Kiba, that's the funniest moment for Neji since Lee asked him to piggyback (end of Rescue gaara arc, both manga and anime are equally funny)
    Last edited by MONKEYS; May 30, 2011 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Neji humour
    Since I'm not godlike with flash or anything, I'm going to dedicate my signature space to the people who make our weekly manga viewing possible.

I don't know their names, but really, anyone who works to bring manga to my eyes weekly, you have my thanks.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted THM Nindo's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Good review.

One thing though... Shikaku is talking with Ao, not Fuu.
    Fuu is the root guy that got sacrificed to create the Torune Zombie.

Also, I'd have like to have more "predictions" into your review.
    This is always my favorite parts in the reviews.

True love will conquer everything
    The question now is : which of those two loves, is the true one?!

Jiraiya's timeline : here
    Zetsu, the strongest villain of Akatsuki : here

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

shit,I thought it was made by blackjack,ahah anyway this review was very good,and I liked that it was shorter.

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MONKEYS View Post
    Decent review, I agree with anthonyz though. I mean, it's a review, talk about how it made you feel, what you like (check), what you didn't, maybe what you'd personally like to see (ie speculate). That's my 2 cents, but hey, good start, that image placement is sure to come in handy for future reviews.

Also, the guy who killed the two ninja "draining the lizard" isn't the same as the one as the guy who gave Sakura the love letter (I assume that's who you meant when you said "Sakuras fan)
    That guys hair is black and spiky (and I'm pretty sure he's Iwa), but the murderous guys hair is blond (or white) and straight (and he's wearing a Kiri undershirt). Not trying to be mean here, just clarifying.

EDIT: Also, why didn't you mention the part where Neji yelled at Akamaru instead of Kiba, that's the funniest moment for Neji since Lee asked him to piggyback (end of Rescue gaara arc, both manga and anime are equally funny)
    ahahah yeah I loved that Neji yelling part, didnt remembered though ... also, thanks for correcting me, it was indeed my mistake (and I know your not being mean)

Quote Originally Posted by THM Nindo View Post
    Good review.

One thing though... Shikaku is talking with Ao, not Fuu.
    Fuu is the root guy that got sacrificed to create the Torune Zombie.

Also, I'd have like to have more "predictions" into your review.
    This is always my favorite parts in the reviews.
    yeah, thanks for the correction. My mistake :x.. many people already told me that they would love to see more predictions in my reviews, and that will certainly happen, probably in the next chap.

shit,I thought it was made by blackjack,ahah anyway this review was very good,and I liked that it was shorter.
    hahahaha so funny... it looks like I owe blackjack a comment!
    Last edited by ricardDvs; May 31, 2011 at 04:27 AM.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast