Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 489 by kewl0210 , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Naruto 672 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 576 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 16 (ch134-ch142) Discussion

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman Bakuman Vol 16 (ch134-ch142) Discussion

This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Bakuman!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
    For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
    Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.

Spoiler: Making a spoiler post synoptic show

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
    It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
    Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here and find translations here.

---------- Post added June 02, 2011 at 02:57 AM ---------- Previous post was May 27, 2011 at 12:49 AM ----------

134 translation

I swear, Ohba is trying to tell us that "CROW" is "ONE PIECE", and "+NATURAL" is "BLEACH". Now, where is Naruto?

Why do I say Crow = OP? Prison arc, all-out-war, consecutive number ones, full cast appearing, shocking truth... This all just sounds like the Impel Down arc.
    Spoiler: Impel Down arc show

As for Natural = Bleach, we have the repetitive story line that feels like it's being excessively dragged on, falling TOC rankings but still fairly strong volume sales. This is pretty much the same situation Bleach is in right now.

Also, Yoshida is hilarious So is the interaction between Hiramaru and Nakai.

Now the big question is really, what is Eiji going to cancel? +Natural? PCP? .....?

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 134 Spoiler Thread

BAHAHAHAHA. I love how Yoshida is using the Nakai/Hirarmaru situation to his full advantage. That was pretty clever, I have to admit.

Looking forward to this chapter. Lots of rankings, lots of talking, lots of screen time for others, and something interesting is about to start.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Marche's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Any spoiler yet??? Is Bakuman in hiatus this week????

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Well... The raws emerged before the spoilers even appeared, so the translation is already done here. You can take that as the "spoiler" The scanlated chapter should be done within a couple of hours.

---------- Post added at 01:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

There we go, the chapter's out by MRI

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman Bakuman 135 Discussion / 136 Prediction

This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Bakuman!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
    For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Spoiler sources must be publicly open.
    Links to sources where registration is mandatory are not allowed. You may, however, copy and paste or post images from such a source using the format shown below.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.

Spoiler: Making a spoiler post synoptic show

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
    It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 pages at most), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
    Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here and find translations here.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 134 Discussion / 135 Prediction

Last week i wondered where Nakai was in the 'Runningspread',only to find him in this chapter
    I wonder if Nakai can really do it.We saw how should not do it.Guess Yoshida still has a lot of work to do.

I loved the page where Eiji entered the editorial department.Great use of panels and perspective.
    Ashirogi should think about this non-mainstream battle-manga now or else they will never manage to defeat Eiji.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

First off, i love how eiji been last and this weeks chapter, i missed the serious-eiji(that's like only the third time he has shown this side of himself)

As for nakai, well, like i said some months ago, everytime the story makes us think "THIS is the moment where he will turn for the better" he will sink even LOWER

But yoshida might be able to do something about it, i have a feeling they match up fine
    But like someone in a previous thread said, the author(Ohba) really does dislike fat people, this time he makes it look like fat=smells bad

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Fê - forever alone's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, I always end up laughing with Hiramaru and Yoshida-shi. This duo is insanely hilarious, I can not be without at least smile when they appear.

Despite of this manipulation story is too repetitive and perhaps even tedious, it still pleases me, lol.

I want to see if Nakai is really going to change his style and his own persona. Apparently, by what we sae in this chapter, it will be hard, but who knows, lol.

I'm really curious about what manga Eiji wants to cancel. It would be too funny if it was One Piece, Naruto or Bleach, lol.

It's good to know that Saykou and Shuujin want a new series to win an anime, but that is not quite a novelty, lol.

Looking forward to the next chapter.
    -
    By the way, thank you guys for the releases and the incredible good work you've been doing with Bakuman.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Yoshida has met his match is Nakai. Hiramaru thrives under the kind of abusive relationship he has with his editor. Nakai, as we have seen, tends to shut down the second he isn't happy with something. It will be interesting to see our favorite editor will deal with the problem child.

The +Natural becoming Bleach thing is kind of weird. They're seriously calling out another manga in the magazine, and letting Kubo know that they'd end his series if they had the power right now. Awesome.

Eiji's reaction to what Ashirogi had told them was interesting. Maybe he really wasn't thinking about them while Shujin was going through his funk and he was aiming for the top spot. But he's clearly thinking of something now. His entrance to the editorial department at the end of the chapter was so dynamic you'd have thought it was Fukuda doing it. The intensity in his eyes this chapter was kind of alarming. He's definitely pushing himself harder now than he ever has in the past. Really sad we aren't getting to read Crow.

Not the best chapter for Miura. If Eiji is afraid to change Iwase's stories, what chance does our pushover editor stand?

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

+Natural's a goner.

It's clear now that getting 1st place without an anime is almost impossible, so the only way to go now is to end PCP. Eiji knows the editorial department won't let Ashirogi end PCP just because they can't get an anime, so I think he pushed himself hard to be nº 1 and get the "right" to end PCP.

This is good, since it will make possible for Ashirogi to start a new manga with an anime in mind from the beginning of the project.
    Bakuman's getting better and better
    Last edited by sir_arles; June 02, 2011 at 04:20 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member LeDuck's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure that Miura would even drive One Piece against the wall, if he became Oda's editor.

E: I'm also going with Eiji ending PCP, because it will never be in a situation to get over Crow. From what it seems, Natural+ is ending too, because Iwase would rather wrap it up then change the story.
    Last edited by LeDuck; June 02, 2011 at 05:35 PM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

"crack of the whip of love"
    I know their bond is negative but it easily reaches the strength of the Ashirogi bond.

It's amazing how Eiji can look so menacing with feathers sticking out of his shirt. And yes, he's ending PCP, 'cause Shujin's heart is no longer in it, cause they won't get an anime. But I don't understand why he didn't take the first spot immediately... and it's somehow disrespectful towards One Piece, that it's so easy for him :P

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think Eiji's going to end +Natural too. I presume it's already out of the top 10 so it ending on its own is only a sooner or later thing.

The logical one would be PCP if it's not +Natural. I agree with Fizban, when Eiji heard their gratitude it sounded like he wasn't helping them at all. And few chapters earlier there's that panel of Eiji staring at a PCP page.

I think it won't go down as easily though. It's still anyone's guess if the chief will actually allow Eiji to end something he dislikes. Nevermind if PCP is currently in fourth, imagine if it was a series in second or third, I'm sure the chief won't give him the privilege so easily.

But who knows, it's possible Eiji might just be demanding a pay rise from the chief. >_____>;

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It's interesting the parallel of Crow and OP (both being superpopular and the number on), Crow finished an arc about breaking out of a prison (Impel Down) on a Sky island (Skypea), and after that a all-out war (marinford war)! I always compare some mangás shown in Bakuman with some real life counterparts...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I swear, Ohba is trying to tell us that "CROW" is "ONE PIECE", and "+NATURAL" is "BLEACH". Now, where is Naruto?

As for Natural = Bleach, we have the repetitive story line that feels like it's being excessively dragged on, falling TOC rankings but still fairly strong volume sales. This is pretty much the same situation Bleach is in right now.
    It will be funny if Tite Kubo suddenly wants to end Bleach after reading this chapter. We know that he got influenced by Bakuman before right? That's when Bakuman was talking about homour then weeks later, he did add some humour scenes in Bleach but posters here aren't pleased with it. lol

Where's Naruto? probably the 1st before, now the 2nd. Ohba is not in position to say something about it even if he wants to. ^^,
    Last edited by sekida; June 02, 2011 at 08:18 PM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast