Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 16 (ch134-ch142) Discussion

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner TadoshiChang's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 138 Spoiler Thread

Based on how the story is going IMHO I believe it is going to be a tie. I just can't see Eiji or Ashirogi losing and the looks that the two editors had on the last page are about the same. But I will throw another possibility in the mix, maybe they both lost and another manga came in first.

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sir_arles View Post
    UHhhhhhhhhhhhh... a perfect tie would be awesome!
    I don't think that would be awesome
    That wouldn't be a bold decision of the authors and it would reveal a bit of weakness of their part IMO

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I bet it both tie for number 1

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanted to post this last night after seeing the cliffhanger but it is good to see a few other members sharing my belief, even if some people are being rather whimsical. But last weeks chapter made me believe the result would end in a tie and this chapters final page only further strengthened my belief.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

IMO its gonna be a tie.. Also did anyone else catch the HXH reference? In Nanamine's editor (Forgot its name, Kosugi?)

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

i really want the next chapter to come out now. That is quite a cliffhanger we have there. I like how determined saiko and shujin are to wait for the final results. lets hope for the best for them.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member fizban's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hattori looked like he had a small smile forming on his face in one of those panels. I think PCP was ahead in the early results, but just barely. That'd explain why Aida was telling him it was just the early results and to not get too excited yet.

It was a pretty cool chapter. We got to really get an idea of how cool PCP must be, and I am never sad to see pages from the various manga in this manga.

My only regret about this arc is that Iwase and Aoki weren't trying to beat Eiji too. I really want to see Iwase's passion burning again. She was a serious force at the start of +Natural. It would have been amazing if the series that beat Eiji was another Eiji series.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

A tie would be both an epic copout and not even slightly believable.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

PCP wins early results. Crow wins in the end. Calling it now.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah,a tie would be the worst-case scenario.Eiji would probably even admit defeat and continue CROW,which would be even worse.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member DidCart's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TadoshiChang View Post
    But I will throw another possibility in the mix, maybe they both lost and another manga came in first.
    Since the beggining of this arc I told some friend of mine that it would be awesome if, in the end, the one who surpassed Eiji was Hiramaru.

I have some facts to prove my point.

1 - He is the only author that appears all the time during the arc. Some of the authors come and go, but Hiramaru is always there working on his manga and trying to be called Kazu-tan.

2 - Yoshida (Hiramaru's editor) make an appearence in the final pages saying "i wonder if it will become the historic moment Yuujiru talked about...". Ohba never uses a character without a reason.

This facts don't prove anything... but you know... it'd be awesome!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DidCart View Post
    Since the beggining of this arc I told some friend of mine that it would be awesome if, in the end, the one who surpassed Eiji was Hiramaru.
    To quote myself:
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    With an arc that epic, people start reading Jump almost solely to read that series. People who haven't read in awhile come back. It just builds up so much readership momentum that no any other series has any viable shot of defeating it with one exception: Comedy.

Comedy needs to be set up (is all about setups), but the length of time needed to set up great comedy is infinitely shorter than anything else. With one great chapter, a comedy could theoretically rise from last place to first place (that is, assuming people knew to read it).

As Hiramaru's comedy is based on his world views, Hiramaru is one bad event from churning out comedic gold capable of toppling Crow's run. Imagine: Hiramaru wants to have tea with Aoki, but she cancels because she is busy trying to beat Crow. Hiramaru spirals downwards and beats Crow unintentionally.

Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I know for sure I would have voted for (For Hoshin Engi fans) the chapter when the artist makes a parody of when a new serialization starts on WSJ.. LOL This might be too extreme but I might have to count chapter per chapter and go check biwa to see how that chapter ranked.. It just made me LOL so much (IIRC it was in the Choukomei battle arc?)

I mean there are moments of action but those need to be developed to be epic.. I mean it wouldn't have been as epic when Goku turns into SSJ (I don't think I need spoiler tag for this, do I?) back in Freezer arc if the chapters leading to it (Vegeta and Goku's saiyan pride speech, Krillin's boom! and EVERYTHING else leading to it..)
    Same with the moment when Goku battles Piccolo's father (Was it Piccolo Daimaoh?? Here in Mexico is Piccolo Dai Maku, but I am certain its original name is DaiMao??) anyway those were epic moments, yeah, but they needed to be developed..
    Then there is this one-chapter moment which didn't really need any development YET I always laugh about when I read/watch it, these 2 moments are from early Dragon Ball too, they are when Goku tells Bulma "The balls! They are missing!" LOL and the other one is when Kame Sennin gives Goku and Bulma the Dragon Ball and Bulma shows him her panties (and a little more LOL).

Yeah, I agree comedy can overtake action mangas if there is a brilliant joke in a chapter.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would also like to note that the PCP chapter is a set-up chapter, and unless you are setting up an epic battle where the whole cast of the series shows up one after another, you aren't getting first place with a set-up chapter.

As Bakuman noted earlier in the series in regards to Trap, conclusion chapters have higher rankings that set-up chapters.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Magnus's Avatar
    Country
    Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by perroloco View Post
    IMO its gonna be a tie.. Also did anyone else catch the HXH reference? In Nanamine's editor (Forgot its name, Kosugi?)
    Wow how could I have missed this while I always read slowly each page of Bakuman !
    IMO this week Bakuman was a lot more exciting than any of the big three. But the PCP chapter isn't good enough to overcome Crow. Sure it's very interesting to see Sigma's enigma resolved and there was a very nice cliffhanger, but it's just not exciting and memorable enough, I honestly don't want it to win.
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

New Reply
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast