Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 16 (ch134-ch142) Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member luffyg2's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 134 Discussion / 135 Prediction

Fist though was that he would end PCP ... but then i though to myself .. why now .. pcp is doing better than ever after their little bank robber problem... then I though maybe narutal... but I don't know why but I think the most likely would be that he wants to end Crow... he seems do be doing a pretty big arc so it might be the end of his manga...maybe he's bored with it and wants to do an other manga

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member pongy's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

About the manga that Eiji wants to end - it only comes down to about 3 series really, if you think of it. Aside from these 3 ending any other manga just wouldn't make any sense.
    1. Ending +Natural - Least likely since it's gonna be canceled or ended anyway because of its rankings and the fact that it has reached its peak.
    2. Ending PCP - Very likely so Ashirogi Muto can move on. It would make the story progress.
    3. Ending Crow - This is not very likely but possible in my opinion. Eiji might want to show to Ashirogi Muto or the world that he can be number 1 with any series so he wants to end Crow and start another one. By doing this, Ashirogi Muto would be more fired up to draw another series too. Not that the chief would allow him to end his five week first ranking in a row series anyway.

Or maybe like someone said, he could just be asking some other random thing altogether - to raise his pay or asking why is PCP not getting an anime or stuff like that.
    Last edited by pongy; June 02, 2011 at 09:49 PM.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Something is telling me that, Eiji isn't going to end any manga this go around.... I mean it's been thrown into our face for the past few chapters now and we are left on a Cliff Hanger... It's also been thrown in our face that PCP isn't able to get 1st place with out an Anime.. So it could also revolve around the Anime Offers for PCP that the EIC has been hideing from Ashirogi...

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner dawnrunner's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Here goes my first post here

Yoshida/Hiramaru duo always gave more laughs then any other scenes, now it's getting even funnier. As was said above, it seems Yoshida's cunningness is finally confronted by matching strength - total lack of willpower of a fat bastard. Actually I can't see Nakai doing smth that could redeem him in my eyes. Atm he's the only real antagonist in this manga imho.

The clear winner of this chp is Eiji consumed with some serious thinking. Brillian face expression when he tells Miura that +Natural got a boring story and entrance to editorial department is a nice piece of artwork.. can't recall any other page giving this kind of dynamic feeling and anticipation for smth big to happen.

And imho this is most likely asking to end the PCP. Eiji's lack of emotions after hearing Ashirogi praising his Crow and thanking for motivation really looked like he doesn't really consider he helped anyhow in comparison with previous chp when he could at least say "good". After watching the news about 2nd bank break-in he's sure PCP is never getting an anime therefore he's going to help them the way he sees it's best.

Less likely way of things - asking to end Crow 'cuz he's tired of it :P or realizes that main-stream battle manga can never lose to non-mainstream PCP and there is no challenge and the motivation for Ashirogi is still not maximized.

The least likely - he's going to threat to end his own series unless PCP is getting an anime.

Anyway, really looking forward to 135th

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sekida View Post
    It will be funny if Tite Kubo suddenly wants to end Bleach after reading this chapter. We know that he got influenced by Bakuman before right? That's when Bakuman was talking about homour then weeks later, he did add some humour scenes in Bleach but posters here aren't pleased with it. lol
    That would be funny indeed But nah, I doubt it'd have that big an effect... Since the current Bleach arc is kinda still at the beginning, there's no way Kubo can end the story for a good while more. But oh wells, not the place to discuss that, I guess. But Eiji did give some good advice there (end the series instead of dragging it on meaninglessly), so hopefully Kubo can even see the relevance to him. At the same time, one can't dispute the fact that it's also relevant even to Bakuman, in a way. There have been many arcs that had no relevance to the overarching plot. While they were interesting, they could be considered unnecessary (eg Nanamine arc) and dragging the story on meaninglessly, too.

Quote Originally Posted by kdowns View Post
    Something is telling me that, Eiji isn't going to end any manga this go around.... I mean it's been thrown into our face for the past few chapters now and we are left on a Cliff Hanger... It's also been thrown in our face that PCP isn't able to get 1st place with out an Anime.. So it could also revolve around the Anime Offers for PCP that the EIC has been hideing from Ashirogi...
    I hope not. If its been thrown in our faces that much and been such a cliff hanger, it would be really lame if in the end he wasn't even asking for any manga to be ended. I would feel kinda cheated Also, since what Eiji initially said was with regards to cancelling a manga, I don't think his word will have much weight on convincing the EIC to show the anime offers to Ashirogi.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My money is on Eiji inst there to end a manga, back in chapter 9 Sasaki didn't agree to the right to cancel one series, he said to talk to him once he was number 1 in jump. So I think Eiji wants to secure the right to cancel one series but wont use it yet.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Guys, remember, that Ashirogi's goal is an anime. We know that PCP will not get an anime (there was a chance, after the copycat-crime, but it didn't work out). So, either way, PCP will end. Question is only, who will end it. Ashirogi or Eiji. But since Ohba already put the Eiji-is-going-to-cancel-a-series-stunt, and PCP will have to end sooner or later, my prediction goes to Eiji canceling PCP

Becuast that will

1st. Shock Ashirogi

2nd. Give them a chance to do a new anime-approved-series

3rd. Eiji will get some spotlight

Sure, you can argue whether it's a good idea from Ohba to pull this "cancel-a-series" now, or whether he should've just forgotten it, but one thhing's for sure. Eiji is going to cancel a series

Spoiler show

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    I swear, Ohba is trying to tell us that "CROW" is "ONE PIECE", and "+NATURAL" is "BLEACH". Now, where is Naruto?

As for Natural = Bleach, we have the repetitive story line that feels like it's being excessively dragged on, falling TOC rankings but still fairly strong volume sales. This is pretty much the same situation Bleach is in right now.
    Maybe not in the rankings (I don't pay attention to them), but this description could perfectly fit Naruto as well.

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Guys, remember, that Ashirogi's goal is an anime. We know that PCP will not get an anime (there was a chance, after the copycat-crime, but it didn't work out). So, either way, PCP will end. Question is only, who will end it. Ashirogi or Eiji. But since Ohba already put the Eiji-is-going-to-cancel-a-series-stunt, and PCP will have to end sooner or later, my prediction goes to Eiji canceling PCP

Becuast that will

1st. Shock Ashirogi

4th. Be slightly better than all the other awful alternatives by which he can end PCP. And yes, they are all awful.

Sure, you can argue whether it's a good idea from Ohba to pull this "cancel-a-series" now, or whether he should've just forgotten it, but one thhing's for sure. Eiji is going to cancel a series
    Added a point you missed.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

i dunno why but; I get a feeling that eiji went to the editor-in-cheif to say something for ashirogi-kun. Like why wouldn't them get an anime? Or something else

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mattios View Post
    i dunno why but; I get a feeling that eiji went to the editor-in-cheif to say something for ashirogi-kun. Like why wouldn't them get an anime? Or something else
    Now that's an interesting possibility. Supposing he asks and is told why not, then what?
    Does that make him more likely to cancel it (because they'll never beat him) or less because that is a huge handicap for them beating him?

And suppose he says to the chief that he wants to cancel PCP because Ashirogi will never beat him. What if the chief responds by telling him about that and the handicap they have?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner superfluffy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

is it me or eiji just doesn't have that interest for ashirogi like at the beginning

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Maybe not in the rankings (I don't pay attention to them), but this description could perfectly fit Naruto as well.
    Yup, I agree, but added to the thing about poor rankings but strong volume sales, it seems to be more an allusion to Bleach rather than Naruto. And at least from the way Naruto is going right now, it's obvious the end is fairly near (so it's not like Kishi needs to be "told" that he ought to end the series rather than dragging it on).

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post

Becuast that will

1st. Shock Ashirogi

Spoiler show
    I tend to agree with you that it'll be PCP, if Eiji does cancel a series (and I would be way disappointed if he wasn't going to cancel a series). Even if at this point we don't know if Eiji will even be allowed to cancel a series if he does ask for that right, assuming he does, I really want it to be PCP just so the story can move on. Because yes, like you said, Ashirogi's goal is an anime. The whole overarching goal of Bakuman itself is to get an anime (and of course Azuki has to voice the heroine, but first they need the anime). I hope the mentions of +Natural was just a red herring, because if +Natural was canceled instead and there were arcs focusing on Akina again... Well, let's just say Ohba should take Eiji's advice and not drag the story on unnecessarily :/

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

We have someone do a copycat crime from a fictional manga in a fictional WSJ and we have to a real crime in RL, which is connected to Bakuman...

Coincidence or did Ohba already knew about this guy who uploaded the Bakuman anime and decided to use this as a story?

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think the incident with the guy uploading anime to Share had anything to do with it at all.

If Ohba was trying to allude to a real-life copycat criminal, it would definitely be the Belgian Death Note copycat criminals, the guys behind the "Manga Murder". That's also why a lot of people feel PCP is an allusion to Death Note, also controversial in many ways (Death Note - the notion of justice; PCP - kids committing "perfect crimes"). Death Note also was unable to secure an anime (perhaps for the same reasons as PCP, though that may not necessarily have been the case), and only was able to get one after the whole series was over.

Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I just recently came up with an idea that isn't strange that in that manga world people like thoose "bank robber" happend what if that happends in this real life u know. It give me an idea that maybe this incident will make "them" accept ashirogi-sensei to do there animation in this current running manga PCP because what shuiesha had exepted happend in any case with or with out the animation right? So the outcome of all this could actually be that editor-in-cheif will accept them to do an animation?

New Reply
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast