Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 16 (ch134-ch142) Discussion

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 142 Spoiler Thread

2. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Knifeshade's Avatar
    Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

spoiler translation

Mashiro deduces the person behind Panty Flash Fight is a 50 year old. PCP is in 5th, Bokutsuu has leapfrogged it into 4th. Speaking of which, Yoshida's latest manipulation is if Hiramaru can get a Bokutsuu anime he'll help him propose to Aoki. Yoshida uses the idea of Aoki's older sister to co-erce Nakai into helping Hiramaru achieve this "goal". As in, Nakai scoring the older sister while Hiramaru gets the younger Aoki. The thought of this leads Hiramaru to think if it happens that would make them brother-in-laws which gets him depressed and he comes up with an idea.

Meanwhile, Azuma finishes up his meeting with Hattori and bumps into Arai-sensei outside Shueisha. Arai apparently got the boot. Azuma tells him about the one-shot and Arai enthusiastically asks him how he did it. Later on, Arai brings up a manuscript to his editor even though he got the boot (I think it's his editor)...and his editor thinks it's good and interesting. Fast forward to October, and the one-shot of Panty Flash Fight manages to capture 1st in the rankings, and wil be up for serialization.

Hattori shows the 3-chapter serialization name around the department and they all think it's good, but one of the editor speaks up about how Azuma should be drawing mangas that appeal to his own age group rather than being serialized in WSJ which is mostly for young up and coming mangakas appealing to other youngsters. He also brings up Nanamine in his Epic Jesus Speech no Jutsu. He's with the belief that WSJ should be used to foster talented young mangakas, in a nutshell. But he's not as good as Naruto apparently.

Later on we see Fukuda talking to Yujirou over the phone and Yujirou saying it's like a "oldies come back" at the moment. A lot of olddd mangakas have brought in good and interesting one-shots (including Arai who I believe has met or know about the mysterious guy). Fukuda doesn't like it one bit, he's all like "this isn't weekly SHOUNEN jump" and whines about it to Ashirogi Muto.

The last page ends with....Panty Flash Fight will start it's serialization after the old troopers' 3 rounds of one-shots, and Hattori will be super busy so he's leaving PCP to Ashirogi Muto themselves in the meantime. And Mashiro has the "WTF is going on here?" look as he tries swallowing everything in.

In conclusion, this arc is all about The Battle Between Old Wrinkly Mangakas and our Young Mangakas (of Team Fukuda).

ALSO.

I'm calling it now. The guy in the background doing all this is Nanamine. His name and "Classroom of Truth" was brought up way too much.
    Last edited by Knifeshade; July 29, 2011 at 06:42 AM.

4. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 141 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_fai View Post
    It seems something Nanamine would do, and the whole plot reeks of his involvement (esp the "SJ editors are simpleminded" line), but I have a feeling it's a new character...someone who knows the editors really well (esp their names!!). Like saladesu said, Nanamine in a villian role, AGAIN, is very unlikely. Although, I have a feeling it won't be until about three or four chapters later do we find out the identity of the mysterious caller.
    Hmm I don't see why Nanamine wouldn't resume his villain role, honestly. Just because he lost to Ashirogi doesn't mean he's automatically changed his spots and will join Team Fukuda. Nanamine did say he would return with a "new method." Maybe this is it.

Or maybe it's just them making it seem like it's Nanamine to surprise us with a different character in the end XD I do agree, I don't think we're going to find out who's pulling the strings just yet.

Custom Title 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Darjaille's Avatar
    Country
    Slovakia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I agree it probably is Nanamine. He's somehow giving ideas to those old mangakas but thing I don't like is Hattori leaving AM to themselves.
    Oh well AM, show them you can do great ..

ex oriente lux

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member masgrande's Avatar
    Country
    Puerto Rico
    Post Thanks / Like

Fukuda and the other editor are kind of being jack@sses, just because is a magazine aimed at young people doesn't mean they can't hire old mangakas especially if they can make really interesting manga. I really don't understand why Fukuda is complaining he is already 25 and I don't think he plans to end his manga once he hits 30 just because his readers are around 15 years younger than him.
    please click on them to help them grow.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, age shouln't be an issue as long as they are still physically fit. Ohba and Obata themselves probably against it as well. Obata is 42 years old. While Ohba, if theories about him being Hiroshi Gamo the one who made Tottemo! Luckyman a.k.a. Super Hero Legend, he's near 40s or so as well.

Yoshida-shi is great, remember what his opinion about it last chapter?
    "To be able to adapt the age of the reader, that one thing a true pro must have."
    Last edited by sekida; July 29, 2011 at 08:58 PM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think Fukuda would be one to complain, he always seemed to be one to like old-violent shonen mangas like Hokuto No Ken or Violence Jack..
    Anyway wasn't Toriyama like 30 when he began working on Dragon Ball? (Sure he was 25 when Dr. Slump began serialization, but that's still not young for WSJ standard of authors begininning on their 18s to early 20s, what I mean is what't the purpose of this arc? I mean, as long as there is a good story to be told, fuck age!

In all likeness the author will just get changed to this new Shueisha magazine (The fusion between two Seinen magazines which name I can't remember) at the end of this arc. And if it is Nanamine.. I don't understand what he is doing, I mean is not evil at all to help an old author publish his work..

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member sir_arles's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read the chapter...

I don't know, it wasn't THAT interesting. A regular chapter.

The best part were, without surprise, Hiramaru's pages =P

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I'm not that surprised about Fukuda's whining. He whines about everything. The love fiesta. The ending of Crow. Nakai's retardedness. Koogy's underhandedness. I'm sure there's more but I'm not gonna think too much into it.

Also, my apologies for mistranslating the last bit where Hattori would leave PCP in their own hands earlier. Though his tone sure sounded that way in the chinese scan.

I dunno what the guy in the shadows is planning on doing but I'm sure the plan will implode on itself once again (just like what happened to Nanamine in the end). All these one-shots and Panty Flash Fight sound too similar. At first it's creative and interesting and original, but that's when there wasn't anything like it in WSJ. But now there's too much (even if they're one-shots) and the mainstream yet non-mainstream idea will slowly look unoriginal. It was like when Ashirogi Muto wanted to get into WSJ but couldn't come up with a good battle manga because they didn't know how to deviate from the norm.

ALSO.

Why the heck is Eiji and Mashiro sharing a watermelon slice on the colour page... <_<
    Azuki should be in Eiji's place.... >_>

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Knifeshade View Post
    Why the heck is Eiji and Mashiro sharing a watermelon slice on the colour page... <_<
    Azuki should be in Eiji's place.... >_>
    Because Azuki is the title's ideal girl XD It's unlikely she would be shown doing something as unladylike as stuffing her face with watermelon, and neither would Aoki. Anyway, it's not like we've seen Azuki lately anyway XD

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Agree with you guys. I don't see any problem with these old mangakas getting serialized. I personally don't care about how old a mangaka is as long the story is good. But I think the problem here is the mysterious guy. I think he is the one behind all the veteran's new series. Azuma invited Arai to talk about something maybe they went and see this guy. I'd say this guy's more experienced Takagi type of guy, who creates a story for someone to draw. His motive is still unknown, but if my theory is true then what a good Author this guy is.

I don't think this guy is Nanamine. Nanamine whose only rely so much on his online 'editors'? I don't think he can create such a great story like the panty fight. I personally don't see why it's so good, but when Hattori make such face then it must be great.

Country
    Hong Kong
    Post Thanks / Like

But I wouldn't call Nanamine completely incompetent either, Senewe. He did come up with the basis of Classroom of Truth by himself, it was just the extra small details that he accumulated from online peers.

Personally, the reason I'm 90% convinced it's Nanamine is the parallel and comparison everybody's making.

Takagi when reading Panty Flash Fight mentions it's just like before with Classroom of Truth, how somebody came up with something that's exactly what they were thinking of doing. Like when Takagi and Mashiro agreed on psychological battles, bam, Classroom of Truth came out that echoed their thoughts.

The manuscript that Arai brought in, Tournament School, and the editor's remark on how it's similar to Classroom of Truth. Nanamine has a tendency to only do school/dark mangas. I wouldn't be surprised if the other two one-shots had similar settings to PFF and Tournament School.

The only other person in the entire manga that is at least, if not more, calculative than Takagi would indeed be Nanamine.

But all this guessing is meaningless since we don't know what their motive is. I'm predicting we'll start seeing the motive in the next chapter.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Those 3 guys most definitely puppets by the mystery man/woman... I know it is crazy but I think the mystery man/woman is either an renowned editor on jump or other... Or he/she is a veteran renowned Mangaka from jump or others... Because I think they mystery man/woman had a grudge toward Shounen Jump so i think he works on Jump already...
    Nanamine is good but I don't think he can do 3 one shots in just a short interval of time but it could be him also...

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tobeulp View Post
    Those 3 guys most definitely puppets by the mystery man/woman... I know it is crazy but I think the mystery man/woman is either an renowned editor on jump or other... Or he/she is a veteran renowned Mangaka from jump or others... Because I think they mystery man/woman had a grudge toward Shounen Jump so i think he works on Jump already...
    Nanamine is good but I don't think he can do 3 one shots in just a short interval of time but it could be him also...
    Knifeshade already mentioned this. Here, Arai spit his coffee when the editor mentioned Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu aka "Classroom of the truth". So he must be Nananime.
    Last edited by sekida; July 30, 2011 at 03:41 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

So, in this chapter everyone complains about old men writing for JUMP. Osamu Akimoto, the author of Kochikame is now in his late 50s and his manga has been serialized in JUMP since 1976 and still today even after 34 years of its start and didn't get axed till now.

So, are they forgetting there's already an old man works for JUMP or are they making him an exception since we works there for years?

New Reply
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast