Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread: Bakuman Vol 16 (ch134-ch142) Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Raijatsu's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 142 Spoiler Thread

Well I think the main problem isn't only the age. These guys haven't achived even on hit in their carrer. If They'd be veterans having
    a number of series noone would say anything. But like this they are basically newcommers who hd a few well going things but were
    never able to be a big shot mangaka.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member pongy's Avatar
    Country
    Thailand
    Post Thanks / Like

I get a feeling the clue directing to this person behind the curtain being "Nanamine" is mentioned too frequently in this chapter, so much that it will not be him (Ohba's troll). Maybe this guy is one of them 50 people who gave Nanamine some ideas when they were talking back then. Some of those guys, along with the old Nanamine think that "jump is simple". And I mean back then Nanamine needed opinions from others to come up with good stories but now he is giving away ideas to 4 people? Unlikely to me. Also, after that arc and all the good face turn I don't think Nanamine will come back again this way. But who knows actually I really don't know. Maybe we shall just wait and see.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Panty Flash is going to be a short manga... If the old guys do short historys it is easier to keep the plot interesting until the end. This time I hoping for Team Fukuda's defeat...

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Again? XD I'm tired of them losing, it feels like AM haven't won even once ever since the Nanamine chapter, and that was a...self-destruction, not really them beating Nanamine. I have no grude toward the old authors, if their story and art is awesome, then they should suceed, but AM is working so hard, they should have a lead and beat at least 2/4 of the old authors. XD It's no fun seeing the main protagonists losing all the time~

Quote Originally Posted by pongy View Post
    I get a feeling the clue directing to this person behind the curtain being "Nanamine" is mentioned too frequently in this chapter, so much that it will not be him (Ohba's troll). Maybe this guy is one of them 50 people who gave Nanamine some ideas when they were talking back then. Some of those guys, along with the old Nanamine think that "jump is simple". And I mean back then Nanamine needed opinions from others to come up with good stories but now he is giving away ideas to 4 people? Unlikely to me. Also, after that arc and all the good face turn I don't think Nanamine will come back again this way. But who knows actually I really don't know. Maybe we shall just wait and see.
    Like sekida and Knifeshade mentioned, Arai spit out his coffee, no innocent person does that! If it's a new mystery person, he shouldn't have reacted so strongly. Plus, Nanamine is/was a recently serialized author that hates the SJ system and their editors and wants to prove them wrong, just like the old authors themselves. The old authors will probably not accept help from a nobody, especially a stranger with no serialization. Also, it's just their writing style and overall plot that is lacking, but the art isn't bad as mentioned in the chapter. Just give them a plot idea and fill in details, and off they go!

Technically, the mystery person isn't doing anything wrong either, they're just like Takagi and Mashiro, a writer and artist, the biggest problem is the old authors taking credit for the stories as a whole. Although, it's amazing how clueless the editors of SJ are, 4 authors (that haven't had a sucess in the past 20+ years)randomly carry-in with awesome mangas...in the span of what, a week? -_- That just reeks of suspicion. Seriously, after the Nanamine ordeal, put your guard up.

Looking forward to the rest of this arc, it seems interesting. Plus, it might deal with Mashiro and his relationship with his uncle? That was a big factor in the beginning.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

It's Nanamine's brother!

I'm slowly getting tired of those arcs,which don't add anything new to the story.The last arcs have been rather fillerish,so i hope this arc will give us a bit more.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ErosVp's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

It could be really Nanamine's (more) evil twin brother! Or it could Sumio from Enigma, since he wears a shirt with balls in its design.... hahaha

The arcs really don't add anything to the story, and i don't even understand the point of this arc. If Akira Toryama decided to do a new manga everyone would like, and after Oda finishes OP everyone will hope for another manga... if age means experience it is even better!

What do you desire? Money? Glory? Power? Revenge? Or something that surpass all others?
    Whatever you desire.... That is here... Tower of God!

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    I'm slowly getting tired of those arcs,which don't add anything new to the story.The last arcs have been rather fillerish,so i hope this arc will give us a bit more.
    Definitely agree. I was hoping this arc would move the story forward towards Ashirogi writing that new series and getting that anime, but with how this arc has progressed in this chapter I kinda doubt that will be happening While the arc itself will probably prove fairly interesting, I really just want the Bakuman story itself to get a move on.

I also agree that the man behind the scenes is probably Nanamine. I didn't want it to be him since he should have "learnt his lesson" after what happened before, but everything seems to be pointing towards that - from Arai spitting out his coffee, to the multiple mentions of "Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu" as if hinting that Nanamine is the perpetrator.

Anyway, I have nothing at all against old mangaka. As long as they can adapt to the readers and write something that would be interesting for the demographic that reads that magazines, it's fine. Of course, physical fitness is also important, but it's not like they can't hire a few more assistants to help

Since Kawaguchi Tarou was brought up this chapter, I expect him to also hold some importance. The old mangaka like Azuma all probably know him too, and I think that will come into play sooner or later.

On very much a side note - Sorry for the delay in opening and renaming of this thread... I've been away the whole week and will be away next week as well so expect the same situation though I'll remind the other staff to help me keep a look out here, and do remember you can PM any other global or admin for help in my absence ~saladesu

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25