Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I could never eat that !

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I could never eat that !

I would never eat durian ever again. I was scarred from when I was a kid.

I tried the tinned type, because my mum convinced me it was egg! D: It was horrible... and I still don't like it.

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

I would never eat scrapple or any mystery meats.

Translator/Moderator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I would never eat scrapple or any mystery meats.
    I first thought it was a loaf of German bread...

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Joefish's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mikkih View Post
    I first thought it was a loaf of German bread...
    me too... Oo

That's what immediately came to my mind:
    Spoiler show

Just don't understand why it has to be that cruel (1st video).
    And the frog thing is sick but looks kinda funny ^^
    I normally don't say that I won't eat or at least taste food. But this is just over the top.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by saladesu View Post
    Another thing I would never eat is monkey brain. It just... Grosses me out. Especially when I hear how the Chinese (well I am Chinese too but...) eat it. I've heard that they have tables with holes in the middle and basically they stick the monkey in there with its head sticking up above the table then whack its head to open it up, then just eat the brain I don't know if this is 100% true (my dad may have been trying to scare me), but there are videos out there depicting the act and though I daren't watch them, I think my description above should be quite accurate as all the video comments are always made in horror/disgust.
    It's a myth that the brain is eaten whilst the money is still alive because the blows from the hammer would kill the monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Chinese share a lot with French then. You know that English call us froggies because we eat frogs legs too. I must said it is not really tasty a bit like snail, everything is in the garlic sauce.
    Believe it or not, the rural English used to eat toads before WW1. So the English-French rivalry was between toad eaters and frog eaters lol.

---------- Post added at 03:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 AM ----------

I've just looked at those videos and while I'm not soft on animals or 'offended' by seeing animals suffer, you still wonder why he doesn't just kill the fish first if it would be easier for himself. Pointless cruelty is pointless, and ergo doesn't make sense, it doesn't even give himself sadistic pleasure it just makes his life harder.

The frog in the second video appears dead even if it's heart is beating because it's fresh, but items like 'lizard sake' are probably not a part of traditional Japanese cuisine.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't eat sushi or raw seafood in general. Blech!
    "You see, I am a colossal pervert. No form of sexual depravity is too low for me. Animal, vegetable or mineral - I'll do anything to anything!" - Bishop of Bath and Wells (circa 1563)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsNM5GOQCko

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member FetherMan's Avatar
    Country
    South Africa
    Post Thanks / Like

my friend recently made this "health" drink for me. it taste horrible, but the end results are fabulous on the body.
    guaranteed to make you feel superhuman / bankai style.

the drink includes the following ingredients:

1. Cauliflower
    2. Broccoli
    3. Beets
    4. Blueberries
    add 1/2 cup of orange juice and water and blend together into a nice drink.

IF YOU DARE TRY THIS, ENJOY.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ravensley's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't eat cauliflower in cooked form, raw yes, but not cooked it stems from having left it in a thermos far to long and my loving mother making me smell the decomposing thing to this day as soon as I smell cooked cauliflower I gag.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member The_kid's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Special Thee, Its black and its creepy is hate it.
    Its almost like Omai Rice (t:ed/the horrible rice)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

I always find it very hypocritical when people say the couldn't eat a dog or whatever when they eat cute animals such as cows and pigs. I'm a dog lover but I think I'd be willing to try dog meat at least once. As for things I can't eat:

- Rabbit: Once on a school trip to Spain we had lunch at a cafe and we were all forced to eat Rabbit Rice (I think that's what it was called). Thing is the dish was basically just a small portion of rice surrounding a rabbit skeleton with only a teeny tiny bit of flesh. Put me off from ever eating rabbit again.

- Duck: No big reason, I simply dislike Duck meat.

- Oysters, mollusks, shellfish and any seafood excluding fish/octupus/lobster: I've never really understood the appeal of seafood, particularly shellfish. It all just looks disgusting to me.

- Snails: I can't even imagine eating something like a snail...

- Broccoli: I can eat Broccoli but I can't say I'm much of fan. I always complain when I find it in my food, and I loathe the smell.

Other then that I'm pretty open to trying new things. I saw an ad the other day which showed people somewhere in Asia catching bugs, frying them and then eating them. It looked pretty good actually!

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Hehe, I have no problem with all 5.
    Rabbit is a really good meat when cooked properly. It's low in fat and still has a nice taste.
    For seafood, I understand oysters are not everyone taste, it's really particular. The sea snails I guess are like the regular snails, not very appealing. But there are some shellfishs which are very good in taste and look. Of course there is the traditional Belgium Moule frite, but also scallops. You have to be very difficult to not like such delicate seafood.

MangaHelper 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member ProGoddess's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

There are still some manufacturers who still use pig's intestines in sausages. I'm not really a meat eater though of course I do consume some red meat for health reasons.

I don't particularly like anything that makes me feel disgusted. I have tried some food that are uncommonly consumed, like bats, crocodile, rabbit, raw fish, eel. I have tried some fresh worms as well, when I was in South Korea where there were fisherman market and they fished the worms directly from the sea and sold them. As consumers, you put the live worm into your mouth and it will wriggle down your throat, and with your swallowing reflexes, the worm will get into your stomach as you swallow it. It was an interesting and eye-opening experience. It gave a very funny feeling when the worm struggled in your mouth and after the worm has been swallowed, it can still be felt in the throat as if it was stuck in there.

~~~~++~~~~Do You Love Me?~~~~++~~~~

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2