Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blue Night

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Blue Night

Quote Originally Posted by Kryanka View Post
    Maybe we are looking too deep into it? Maybe satan just wanted to kill some monks and he picked Myou Dha?
    That could be it. Satan probably heard about the Myou Dha and realized that it could be used to seal Rin's demonic power. Maybe he was trying to possess one of the monks so he go and destroy the sword, not knowing that Shirou has already retrieved it already.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That part about finding a suitable body is probably true. But what I understood was that satan possessed only monks from Myou Dha temple and nobody else - so he wasn't just looking for any body, he was looking in the temple. And the only connection between Rin and the temple we heard of by now is koumaken.
    The Blue Night was a worldwide event. The Temple was just one of many victims. I think Satan had no suspicion that a sword that could seal his son's power, and was only searching for an adequate host.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Kryanka's Avatar
    Country
    Poland
    Post Thanks / Like

He knew about kurikara later when he tried to drag Rin to gehenna though. If satan was possessing monks all over the world then he didn't have a clue where Rin could be.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He knew about kurikara later when he tried to drag Rin to gehenna though. If satan was possessing monks all over the world then he didn't have a clue where Rin could be.
    That's what I thought, that Satan had no clue where his son was. My theory then is that he tried to possess a strong enough exorcist to retrieve his son in, and started tracking Rin based on his demon powers. But when Rin's powers were sealed, Satan couldn't track anything, so he sent a minion out to look for Rin.

Seemed like all Satan knew was that Rin was restricted by the seal on the blade, not that it was Koumaken.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I tend to think that Blue Night is the day when Rin was born, considering Rin's age and the year when Blue Night happened. But then again, I couldn't really tell why Satan had to kill so many exorcists at that night. I mean, Rin has only born, right? There is no way he could be "functional" right away. So the next thing I guess is that Rin's human mother is on a run, hiding from Satan. I think at least this woman would go find a shelter to a strong exorcist. So I think maybe Satan would like to get rid of all strong exorcists to find this woman and his son.

But talking about his mother, I remembered that Satan, while possessing Fujimoto's body, said that "no ordinary human can stand being possessed by me, not this body, not your human mother". So I doubt that Rin's mother can survive that long. When I think like this, I tend to agree with earthforge's last statement above.

Heh, confusing. XD

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok after rereading the beginning and seeing the character bios I've decided to believe that the blue night was Rin's conception cuz it happened 16 years ago, says Shima, and Rin as 15 would make sense and also Bon is also 15 and born in august and Rin is 15 born in December then Bon's older. The only final mystery is how Shiro woulda known about Rin's conception beforehand to get the sword before the Blue Night....which I'm guessing will be revealed later (perhaps there is more history regarding Shiro for us to lean that will reveal all). Bon couldn'ta been born anyways when the blue night happened if he's 15 & it happened 16 years ago.....rethinking it is making me confused again i think i'll give up now

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's possible satan was attempting to eliminate holy men who had the power or potential to challenge him when Rin was old enough to be his vessel. By killing them around the time Rin is born he eliminates one generation and discredits the next. There must be other temples as tainted as Bon's. Now he has fewer challengers, aside from True Cross.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member BexXx's Avatar
    Country
    Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    It's possible satan was attempting to eliminate holy men who had the power or potential to challenge him when Rin was old enough to be his vessel. By killing them around the time Rin is born he eliminates one generation and discredits the next. There must be other temples as tainted as Bon's. Now he has fewer challengers, aside from True Cross.
    I don't really think that though, cuz in the first chapter when satan appears to Rin he says to him that making him was just a bit of fun and it wasn't till later that he thought it was a stroke of genius (not that exact wording thought but ya get what i mean...)

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RaveDragon's Avatar
    Country
    Malta
    Post Thanks / Like

What BexXx said might also mean that satan just did it cuz they got on his nerves and where in his way, or because he was bored, he strikes me as a do it then think type of demon who crushes those in his way on a whim when he feels like it but is actually very cunning demon to be on the top he has to be...so Blue Night might have been one of his bored days or if not then he had just needed to take out his enemies because they were getting frustrating. If Rin was really conceived what was his mother an exorcist doing there? they werent exorcist yet since they started after the blue night for thier needs so they must have done something to provoke satan something we werent told yet :/

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member relory's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm just... confused with the whole Blue Night thing It's pretty much certain that it had to do with the birth of Rin & Yukio, but then there's the question wheither Satan impregnated Erin during the Blue Night, or if she was already pregnant... but if it she wasn't, then thousands of other questions comes to the surface

For instance, when Shiro was "ordered by his superiors"(probably Mephisto, as he mentioned him earlier) to get koumaken, and "assumes" they will kill kids with it. He obviously knew about the "plan" back then, and it's been confirmed during the trial that it really was the twin(s) he got the koumaken for... The Blue Night happend a few months after the flashback scene.

But if the impregnation happened during the Blue Night, then there's two things that keeps nagging me.. Did Shiro and Mephisto already know that Satan would make a son in Assiah? But that contradicts Satan's own words that it was merely a coincidence that he made Rin (unless he was lying? xD). Or could it be that Mephisto as the Chessplayer, you know is the one who planned all of it? That he perhaps is the one who tempted Satan into wanting Assiah more than anything (but it's more likely that it's just Satan's megalomania, because Assiah is the one thing he cannot have), and that he and Shiro already planned for the Blue Night to happen.... It's not that unlikely, considering who Mephisto is xD

But if Egin was already pregnant (or the Blue Night didn't have anything to do with the twins? O.o), was she already pregnant with Satan's child or not? If she was, then wouldn't it contradict Satan's words once again? Since he hinted that she didn't survive for long after he.. did his stuff? Also, if Shiro had to use the koumaken to exorcise her, I'm wondering if that was his original plan, and that perhaps he had a change of heart thanks to Tatsuma? Or maybe he just saw through his heart =P

... In other words.. I think I should wait for more chapters before I think about this anymore, too confusing on my brain haha My head hurts xD

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member sakura_fai's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Blue Night (16 years ago, right? I think in the manga I've read 16 or 15 years ago)...maybe Satan was having fun killing the priests like RaveDragon said. And one of the person he attempted to kill was Yuri Egin. But then he decided to have a little fun with her and impregnated her (like God with Mary since Satan is the god of Gehenna) with twins. And then a year later, she gave birth to the twins, but because Rin had Satan's flames she couldn't withstand the power and she died later...after naming the kids.
    Maybe Fujimoto got the sword already because Yuri had nightmares or premonitions of Satan possessing her.
    -OR-
    Blue Night was where he was celebrating his plan for using Rin as a body, and just randomly killed priests and clergymen
    -OR-
    He was trying to find Rin since he impregnated Yuri before, but because Mephisto and Fujimoto had orders to destroy the twins, they hid her (while she's giving birth) from Satan. And then destroy the twins after labor. This way, Fujimoto would know about the kids and gotten Kurikara. Problem is: What does Satan mean by Yuri not withstanding his power?
    1. Did he mean that she couldn't stand when he impregnated her (Then she wouldn't have been able to give birth)
    2. Did Satan impregnate Yuri RIGHT when she was giving birth? (That would mean there was a human dad.)
    3. She couldn't withstand Rin's flames or otherwise known as Satan's flames?

:/ I think it would be best to have the questions before we can answer Blue Night:
    1. ...WAS there a human dad? Because they always mention Satan as the biological dad, and no other man is mentioned, but then where would the name Okumura come from? Plus that would mean Yukio and Rin have 3 dads...but now they only have 2
    2. How did Yuri get impregnated? And do human birth rules affect her? (It would be very difficult to harbor Rin's blue flames inside her stomach for 9 months....)
    3. Was Blue Night even related to Okumura twins' birth? He could have another reason after all.

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2