Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Always.

MH's Most Beautiful Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Naomidee's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Am I allowed to do this? XD

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Hi Naomi-chan, It's great to see you've made your own thread and I'll return the favour of you posting in mine!

First things first; read OP

Now the to the serious questions:

Favourite fruit?
    leftie or rightie?
    what tv shows do you watch?
    fave anime/manga character?
    do you study or work or both? and what?

I've got plenty more, but I don't want to overwhelm you and chase you away lol

Oh dear! One Piece is quite a project to take on. XD But you seem pretty srs about it, so I'll move it to the next thing at top of my list.

Ok, my favorite fruit is a pumelo. They're kind of weird are hard to find at the store, but I think they're the best.

Hardcore rightie! My left hand is retarded. It really cannot do a single thing.

I don't watch television often at all. I bought all the seasons of House on DVD though. It's my favorite television show for sure. I can't wait until season seven comes out! I'm more a a movie watcher than anything else. *NETFLIX ADDICT*

My favorite anime/manga character. AHHH. What is it with you guys and these difficult questions? I'm infatuated with Link from D.Gray-Man as well as Timcanpy and Allen.

I'm on summer break at the moment, but I'll be transferring to university to study chemistry this fall semester. I'm ready for my junior year, hoohoo! I've had the same job since I was 15 and love it. It's at an ice cream store.

Thank you for your questions!

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    Hi Naomidee ! I think i never so you at Fun Forum , so go visit it

What is your favourite sport ? Which you like and which you don't ?
    I've never been to the Fun Forum, no. But the name sounds promising.

Although I'm not big into sports, I really love watching baseball. As for which sport I don't like, that would have to be american football. I absolutely hate the thing. I think it's extremely boring and it doesn't make any sense. XD *sorry to anyone that loves american football*

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Haha, not a problem. I was like that the first time I joined online forums. You'll get used to it as you hang out more around. XD Is this your first time being in a forum, or you've been to other online forums before?

Still two months! That's still awesome. You can still do lots of things in 2 months. XD Watching drama and anime, or read manga, or play games, for example. :3 Ah, congrats to your dad! I hope you have a blast there, with new families too. ^^
    Mangahelpers is my first ever forum to join! Needless to say, I get very lost sometimes.

Yup, I'll try to make the most of my last two months. So far I've been really busy. My goal is to finish reading East of Eden, finish the entire Lord of The Rings series of novels, and do at least 10 paintings! I love free time with a passion.

And thank you for the wishes, that's so nice. c:

@benelori: That's brilliant. Sometimes the best ideas come to us when we're completely hammered. XDDDD

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

What's your favorite baseball team?

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Naomidee View Post
    Mangahelpers is my first ever forum to join! Needless to say, I get very lost sometimes.

Yup, I'll try to make the most of my last two months. So far I've been really busy. My goal is to finish reading East of Eden, finish the entire Lord of The Rings series of novels, and do at least 10 paintings! I love free time with a passion.

And thank you for the wishes, that's so nice. c:
    Hahaha, that is great! Being lost in a forum can be confusing, but there are tons of people here to ask so don't worry. ^__^

Wow, that sounds like a long list. East of Eden? Is it the same with Higashi no Eden? The Higashi no Eden I know is an anime which is based on novel. I wonder if they are the same? :O And LOTR! I don't really like it since I don't read or watch it, but I admit that LOTR movies have the best elves I've ever seen.

Aaaannd you're welcome. :P

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

M3J - It's a tie between the Colorado Rockies and the Dallas Rangers. *fist pump* If you like baseball too, who's your favorite?

phio-chan - There's an anime based off of East of Eden? Holy crap, I never knew that! It's the novel by John Steinbeck (you might know him for Grapes of Wrath of Of Mice and Men). So far I'm only on page 200, but it's about these two brothers, Adam and Charles, and this psychopath girl named Cathy. Pretty awesome so far.

MH Lothario 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear! One Piece is quite a project to take on. XD But you seem pretty srs about it, so I'll move it to the next thing at top of my list.

Ok, my favorite fruit is a pumelo. They're kind of weird are hard to find at the store, but I think they're the best.

Hardcore rightie! My left hand is retarded. It really cannot do a single thing.

I don't watch television often at all. I bought all the seasons of House on DVD though. It's my favorite television show for sure. I can't wait until season seven comes out! I'm more a a movie watcher than anything else. *NETFLIX ADDICT*

My favorite anime/manga character. AHHH. What is it with you guys and these difficult questions? I'm infatuated with Link from D.Gray-Man as well as Timcanpy and Allen.

I'm on summer break at the moment, but I'll be transferring to university to study chemistry this fall semester. I'm ready for my junior year, hoohoo! I've had the same job since I was 15 and love it. It's at an ice cream store.

Thank you for your questions!

Yay! make sure you take your time with it, since you're on a break and OP is too for the next week, so can slowly start. A lot of people who begin to read it find the begining a bit slow but trut me, once you get past that first bump, it's only onwards and upwards from there

Is this the pumelo fruit? I had no idea what it was so I hat to google it

Spoiler show

I'm sure there's stuff you can do with your left, but you'll probably only remember when the situation arises. I open bottles and doors with my left, as well as a few other stuff.

I don't watch much of tv either, in fact I haven't switched on my tv since last month; think it's time I get rid of it. I used to watch House for a while, til I got rid of my cable then I just kept wind of the progression of Cuddy and House's relationship. I also used to watch Grey's and Supernatural; which I hear has picked up now.

What's Netflix? an american thing? What kinda movies are you into? top 5?

Hard questions/ you wait for the next round missy! I don't read D.Gray-Man and have no idea who the other 2 characters are educate me please....

Oh my you're an ice cream lady?!

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I dislike baseball, it's too boring but I know a lot about it. When we played softball at school, I was talking to my friend while near the second base when the ball was hit. It was coming and I calmly caught it like a pro. Shame most gloves are for right-handed. :\ My state prefers to root for New York Yankees.

So based on your preference of team, is it safe to assume you live in Mountain Time?

You ever play baseball?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Yay! make sure you take your time with it, since you're on a break and OP is too for the next week, so can slowly start. A lot of people who begin to read it find the begining a bit slow but trut me, once you get past that first bump, it's only onwards and upwards from there

Is this the pumelo fruit? I had no idea what it was so I hat to google it

Spoiler show

I'm sure there's stuff you can do with your left, but you'll probably only remember when the situation arises. I open bottles and doors with my left, as well as a few other stuff.

I don't watch much of tv either, in fact I haven't switched on my tv since last month; think it's time I get rid of it. I used to watch House for a while, til I got rid of my cable then I just kept wind of the progression of Cuddy and House's relationship. I also used to watch Grey's and Supernatural; which I hear has picked up now.

What's Netflix? an american thing? What kinda movies are you into? top 5?

Hard questions/ you wait for the next round missy! I don't read D.Gray-Man and have no idea who the other 2 characters are educate me please....

Oh my you're an ice cream lady?!
    Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up, since I do get bored very easily, that will come in handy. n_n;; I've actually seen a few episodes of One Piece on TV before several years back, and I thought it was really weird. XD Then again, so is D.Gray-Man, so I'll most likely approve.

That... What? Yes, I eat cats for a hobby. That picture is so random! Bahahahha!

If you love House and Cuddy, then you should watch the series finale of season 6. I just did the other day.

Netflix is an American thing I think, yes. It's $10 a month. You have access to instant streaming of movies on your computer or gaming console as well as unlimited rentals of all their other titles. You can have one DVD out at a time, and then as soon as you mail it back, you get the next one on your list. It's heaven for movie lovers.

Top five movies (ANOTHER HARD QUESTIONS RAWR D8<)
    (1) 500 Days of Summer
    (2) The King's Speach
    (3) ANYTHING HARRY POTTER RELATED 8D
    (4) The Shawshank Redemption
    (5) Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

All three of those characters are from DGM. XDDDD Can you tell how obsessed that I am? I don't know if you would like DGM, since I don't really know how much alike it is with OP, but I can definitely say I've been obsessed for almost three years now. The most interesting part is how the art evolves.

Yes, I guess you could definitely say I'm an ice cream lady. OHHH! I just thought of something. I make ice cream cones with my left hand!

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    I dislike baseball, it's too boring but I know a lot about it. When we played softball at school, I was talking to my friend while near the second base when the ball was hit. It was coming and I calmly caught it like a pro. Shame most gloves are for right-handed. :\ My state prefers to root for New York Yankees.

So based on your preference of team, is it safe to assume you live in Mountain Time?

You ever play baseball?
    Most people find it boring, so I understand that. BOO NY YANKEES! D8<
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    My favorite baseball game ever was last season when the Rangers beat them and went to the World Series! >8D Hahahah!

*clears throat* Anyways, I used to be in mountain time. Now I live in central time.

Nope, I've never played a game of baseball (or softball) in my life. I played volleyball for four years, but gave it up to focus more on art and academics. I'm not very coordinated anyway. This shows again because I also suck at video games.

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright, I'll keep that in mind. Thanks for the heads up, since I do get bored very easily, that will come in handy. n_n;; I've actually seen a few episodes of One Piece on TV before several years back, and I thought it was really weird. XD Then again, so is D.Gray-Man, so I'll most likely approve.

That... What? Yes, I eat cats for a hobby. That picture is so random! Bahahahha!

If you love House and Cuddy, then you should watch the series finale of season 6. I just did the other day.

Netflix is an American thing I think, yes. It's $10 a month. You have access to instant streaming of movies on your computer or gaming console as well as unlimited rentals of all their other titles. You can have one DVD out at a time, and then as soon as you mail it back, you get the next one on your list. It's heaven for movie lovers.

Top five movies (ANOTHER HARD QUESTIONS RAWR D8<)
    (1) 500 Days of Summer
    (2) The King's Speach
    (3) ANYTHING HARRY POTTER RELATED 8D
    (4) The Shawshank Redemption
    (5) Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind

All three of those characters are from DGM. XDDDD Can you tell how obsessed that I am? I don't know if you would like DGM, since I don't really know how much alike it is with OP, but I can definitely say I've been obsessed for almost three years now. The most interesting part is how the art evolves.

Yes, I guess you could definitely say I'm an ice cream lady. OHHH! I just thought of something. I make ice cream cones with my left hand!
    No problem I'm sure you'll love it!!!

I know, I jsut googled "pumelo" and the cat was there, so I thouht I'd share

I've seen the scene you're referring to in season 6, it was very nice and exciting. But I hear they break up in season 7??

Wow! that sounds awesome!

Hard questions! stop your jibber-jabber!

I love Zooey Deschannel since godknows what movie I first saw her in! But I her. The dance scene in that movie is so cool and funny

I haven't seen the king's speech nor the eternal sunshine. Shawshank Redemption is awesome! You get props for that! . Random question, have you seen the Family Guy version of Shawshank?

Hmmm I dunno, once My internet ends its period, I'll have a look at it. I'm always a bit sceptic reading new mangas, in fairness I don't read a lot of other mangas. I wish I did though...

There you go! leftie ice-ceam cone maker What's your favourite flavour of ice-cream?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm officially on chapter one of One Piece. *looks at the total number of chapters*
    o_______________________________________________o
    *keels over*

Ahm... Well, I guess my progress will be slow but sure. >.<
    Do you like the anime too, btw?

The King's Speech is quite recent, and it won many awards. I don't think you would be disappointed. Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind is pretty weird. I can't make any guarantees for that one.
    Shawshank... on Family Guy? Oh dear. XD I do love Family Guy! I must've missed that episode.

Well, the D.Gray-Man anime follows the manga surprisingly well. And there aren't any fillers. So if you'd prefer that, go for it. I liked the anime a lot. And it ends at a cliff hanger, so you'd probably read the manga after that, since it continues. The only downside to the anime is that you don't get the full effect of the beautiful artwork. (but it is very well animated )

My favorite ice cream flavors are coffee and cake batter! Vanilla is classic and it goes with anything too. One day ice cream is going to make me fat. XD What sweets are your vice?

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Most people find it boring, so I understand that. BOO NY YANKEES! D8<
    BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    My favorite baseball game ever was last season when the Rangers beat them and went to the World Series! >8D Hahahah!

*clears throat* Anyways, I used to be in mountain time. Now I live in central time.

Nope, I've never played a game of baseball (or softball) in my life. I played volleyball for four years, but gave it up to focus more on art and academics. I'm not very coordinated anyway. This shows again because I also suck at video games.
    Why do you hate the Yankees? Did they violate you with a potato?

Oh, where in central time? Chicago? Tennessee? South America? ONTARIO?! DERPDERPLAND? LALLALALALALA

HOw were you at volleyball? I love to play volleyball. My friend and I kicked ass most of hte time, we had awesome chemistry. Helped that he was tall and kinda fat too, anyone would be scared to get hit by his spiked ball.

Hai.

Country
    Costa Gravas
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm officially on chapter one of One Piece. *looks at the total number of chapters*
    o_______________________________________________o
    *keels over*

Ahm... Well, I guess my progress will be slow but sure. >.<
    Do you like the anime too, btw?

The King's Speech is quite recent, and it won many awards. I don't think you would be disappointed. Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless Mind is pretty weird. I can't make any guarantees for that one.
    Shawshank... on Family Guy? Oh dear. XD I do love Family Guy! I must've missed that episode.

Well, the D.Gray-Man anime follows the manga surprisingly well. And there aren't any fillers. So if you'd prefer that, go for it. I liked the anime a lot. And it ends at a cliff hanger, so you'd probably read the manga after that, since it continues. The only downside to the anime is that you don't get the full effect of the beautiful artwork. (but it is very well animated )

My favorite ice cream flavors are coffee and cake batter! Vanilla is classic and it goes with anything too. One day ice cream is going to make me fat. XD What sweets are your vice?
    Yay! for first step!

Slow but sure will not win you the race! , faster!!
    I do watch the anime, in fact I got into the manga BECAUSE of the anime don't hear that too often when it comes to One Piece , I realised I had caught up with all the episodes in the anime and just then I realised the manga was ahead by quite a while, so I jumped aboard! I haven't seen the last 3 episodes because my internet is really bitching when it comes to downloads or watching long videos As soon as its better, I'll catch up.

I heard all the hype with the King's Speech, I may have to get it soon. The Family Guy episode I'm referring to is Season 7 Episode 15- Three Kings. It parodies 3 Stephen King novels; Shawshank, Stand By Me and Misery. You'll love it!

I don't eat as much ice cream as I'd like to, so toffee and vanilla are my favourite, care to recommend some more flavours?
    In unrelated news, we have a milkshake store here near where I live that can make a milkshake outta nearly anything, from drinks to chocolate bar. I had an almond snickers milkshake; it was awesome!!!!

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

phio-chan - There's an anime based off of East of Eden? Holy crap, I never knew that! It's the novel by John Steinbeck (you might know him for Grapes of Wrath of Of Mice and Men). So far I'm only on page 200, but it's about these two brothers, Adam and Charles, and this psychopath girl named Cathy. Pretty awesome so far.
    Ups, then I suppose I'm wrong. XD Since I think "higashi" also means "east"... Sorry for the confusion. Calm down. XDD Psychological stories are awesome, I think. I just haven't read or watched too many series. ^^"

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Why do you hate the Yankees? Did they violate you with a potato?

Oh, where in central time? Chicago? Tennessee? South America? ONTARIO?! DERPDERPLAND? LALLALALALALA

HOw were you at volleyball? I love to play volleyball. My friend and I kicked ass most of hte time, we had awesome chemistry. Helped that he was tall and kinda fat too, anyone would be scared to get hit by his spiked ball.
    I only vacation in DERPDERPLAND. I live in Texas right now to be specific. Very hot. Do not recommend. Also, everything really is bigger in Texas. And most of the time, that's not really a positive thing. I miss Colorado. *sob*

I was alright at volleyball. I was captain of my team in middle school, but ehhhh. I just wasn't as into it as I should have been. I was hit in the face with a spiked ball once... *twitches* Everyone called that girl Haas... Or beast... It was very painful. Like the room went all blue and gray of a few seconds. I'm glad I didn't pass out. x.x

Yay! for first step!

Slow but sure will not win you the race! , faster!!
    I do watch the anime, in fact I got into the manga BECAUSE of the anime don't hear that too often when it comes to One Piece , I realised I had caught up with all the episodes in the anime and just then I realised the manga was ahead by quite a while, so I jumped aboard! I haven't seen the last 3 episodes because my internet is really bitching when it comes to downloads or watching long videos As soon as its better, I'll catch up.

I heard all the hype with the King's Speech, I may have to get it soon. The Family Guy episode I'm referring to is Season 7 Episode 15- Three Kings. It parodies 3 Stephen King novels; Shawshank, Stand By Me and Misery. You'll love it!

I don't eat as much ice cream as I'd like to, so toffee and vanilla are my favourite, care to recommend some more flavours?
    In unrelated news, we have a milkshake store here near where I live that can make a milkshake outta nearly anything, from drinks to chocolate bar. I had an almond snickers milkshake; it was awesome!!!!
    Does the anime follow the manga well? I might use the anime to kind of get my interest going. But if it doesn't follow the manga, then I'll probably just skip out on it.

LMAO! I'll look up the Family Guy episode if I keep my plans free tonight. n_n Which I am definitely trying to do. The past two weeks have been too hectic. This is supposed to be vacation! D:<

Milkshakes are also the shit. That sounds so freakin good.
    MANGO ICE CREAM!!

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Ups, then I suppose I'm wrong. XD Since I think "higashi" also means "east"... Sorry for the confusion. Calm down. XDD Psychological stories are awesome, I think. I just haven't read or watched too many series. ^^"
    *calms down* xP Aw man. This book would really make a weird anime anyway... Like it's setting is in the 1940s in USA I think, so it wouldn't make any sense for a manga or anime. XD Is that anime good though? c: Should I watch it? I think it's crazy how their titles are so similar though!

Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

HOw is Texas in the winter? Cooler? Why move to Texas though? I can't imagine that place being fun to live in.

Didja cry? Get bruises? Payback?

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Texas does get cooler in the winter, but it never gets below 25 ish. You should see Texans when it's cold. They think 50 degrees is freezing. Pffft. Wimps. I moved here with my mom about five years ago. I'm going to university here, so I'll be stuck in the heat for another two or three years. Oh well. I can hide indoors.

It's not fun to live in. It's a funny thing though. Most people who live in Texas never leave. They're so attached to it. They have a pretty closed-minded outlook on things like that. They just don't know any better I suppose. Me? I'm definitely not going to live here when I get older.

I didn't cry, no. XD It just took me a minute to figure out which way was up. And the girl was a good friend of mine ( and also very sorry ), so I settled for winning the game as payback. XD She was pretty competitive so it was sufficient I guess.

Which state are you from, btw?

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 134 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast