Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Some people are motivated by carrots, others by sticks. But nobody is motivated by carrot sticks.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. Gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. - Part 1

Quote Originally Posted by riki View Post
    Damn, that is a lot of money. What is the money for?

My day was good. Umm... I made you your favorite dinner, [insert favorite meal].
    I think they're just raising money for underpriviledged kids or something. They were quite stuck up and rude people too. You get that sometimes but not with so many people

This is my favourite meal, Ironic that it's vegetables and I love meat!!! We eat that with rice. It's more or less a national dish.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. Gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. - Part 1

Ugh... I really hate those type of people who think others are beneath them. I bet they weren't generous with the tips either.

I've never heard of that meal before (but then there aren't any Congolese restaurant or a lot of Congolese people living in my area) but it sounds delicious.

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ugh... I really hate those type of people who think others are beneath them. I bet they weren't generous with the tips either.

I've never heard of that meal before (but then there aren't any Congolese restaurant or a lot of Congolese people living in my area) but it sounds delicious.
    Nope, I didnt get any tips; but then again you don't expect to get tips working behind a bar. If I was doing wine waiting then yes, I would be screwing that I didn't get something.

Yeah don't worry, there aren't many congolese restaurants ANYWHERE!!! but yeah that's some nice food. I've got a pic of how it looks somewhere on my phone, I'll upload it later when I find the strength

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Really? My sister works at a restaurant and one of her coworkers, who is a bartender, gets tips. Maybe it's a cultural thing...

I told my mom about saka-saka and she thought it sounds yummy as well. I can't wait to see the pic.

I think with my heart and I move with my head | My Stories Archive - Short Story: "Life According to an Onion" UP!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah that's waiting service, not bar. Unless it's a restaurant bar where you pool your tips together and whatnot. But when it's a single one day event, you won't really get anything unless 1.you're a wine waiter 2. make an impression on the customer.

When I did restaurant waiting for a 5 day event, I made about £100+ at the end of those 5 days; and that was after pooling the tips together and splitting between 16 people . The most I've ever made in one day is £120-something . I pooled it to share with everyone, then I realised at the end that no one else pooled their money and kept their own and we split all of my tips!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You're such a good guy.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

No I've naive!!!

Damnit! I updated some apps on my Blackberry Curve and rebooted it about 30mins ago and it still hasnt finished yet! this phone really does test your patience

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Just remember: patience is a virtue.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol that's the worst thing to say to someone when they're pissed!

It's doing it again! It's like it's just frozen 3/4 of the way through the loading bar!

---------- Post added June 05, 2011 at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was June 04, 2011 at 08:56 PM ----------

Okay after waiting 2HOURS my phone finally finished rebooting, here's the dish I was telling about riki-chan:

Spoiler show

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that your download is finally completed.

That dish does looks good. Maybe I'll make it one day.

Mangahelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity ghostexiled's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen the new Konami game Never Dead?

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

goldb sure likes his emoticons. Trying to emulate desty?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ghostexiled View Post
    Have you seen the new Konami game Never Dead?
    No, I haven't yet.

My brother might be interested in it though.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad that your download is finally completed.

That dish does looks good. Maybe I'll make it one day.
    In my country all married women are expected to know how to cook this dish
    Lemme know how it turns out if you ever cook it

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    goldb sure likes his emoticons. Trying to emulate desty?
    It's just this onion one that's really addictive
    Is desty-chan addicted to emoticons?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are the onion smileys? I guess they do look like an onion...

I'll let you know. ^^

Thread Closed
Page 5 of 134 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast