Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Thread Closed
Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 2003

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

  1. #1486
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member WilliamK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Actually, Magico did manage go into top 30 Oricon on its volume 1 and it barely missed volume 2 on top 30; on the other hand, there are no data for Enigma's tank sales for volume 1 and 2. So, when I use your logic on tank sales, than Enigma has more higher chance to be cancelled than Magico, since there is higher chance that Magico can reach or pass Enigma on tank sales.
    Ideally, one can't compare volumes 1 or 2 with Enigma's simply because they had different time periods where they had different fans. I mean, taking into account that volume 4 had more sales than Magico's volume 2, we could safely assume that the people who bought volume 4 and haven't bought the other three volumes did indeed purchase the other 3 as they would want the collection. Nomrally, of course! ><

    Quote Originally Posted by ick View Post
    Well it's true that Enigma was last only in Jump #40 and #39 but (excpet #34 and #31) it was down in the bottom5 from Jump #30. While Magico began his drop in Jump #34, right after a color page.

    For the tankobon, they are practically the same. Both Enigma #4 and Magico #2 sold around 40k copies. So Top30 or not doesn't really matter.
    Yeah, I know, but the difference is, Enigma wasn't as low as Magico at chapter ~16-20, being so low so early is a bad sign over the possibility of arc fatigue.

  2. #1487
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,903
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Divinenega View Post
    Just because the new arc is ending does not mean Enigma is in any danger yet. It's just as likely that the author wanted to pace newer story arcs faster since the slow pacing of the E-Test was a common complaint.
    The E-Test was rather long for a first arc, but I personally felt as though the pacing was rather quickly- at least in the beginning. The series jumped right in to the main dish without any real introduction, and the characters' backstories were being revealed all within the first 30 chapters. (To be fair though, Enigma was serialized during a time when its contemporaries were being cut left and right.) It would have been all right if Enigma was intended to have a short serialization, but I feel as though the readers are losing interest because they already found out what they wanted to know. #mytwocents

  3. #1488
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Galactic Tomahawk View Post
    Is Mieru Hito the only recent series that's been cancelled during it's popularity poll?

    Because if we're talking about a isolated one-time scenario I don't think there's any problem assuming Engima will probably be safe for at least the short term.
    'Samurai Usagi' and 'P2!-Lets Play Ping Pong' were both announced to have a character popularity poll in Jump.

    Both ended up being cancelled and the results were later published in the final volume of the series.
    Last edited by Zeromcd; September 19, 2011 at 05:57 AM.

  4. #1489
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    417
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd View Post
    'Samurai Usagi' and 'P2!-Lets Play Ping Pong' were both announced to have a character popularity poll in Jump.

    Both ended up being cancelled and the results were later published in the final volume of the series.
    Didn;t Usagi not even make it to 20 chapters though? That's pretty early for a popularity poll...

  5. #1490
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Divinenega View Post
    Didn;t Usagi not even make it to 20 chapters though? That's pretty early for a popularity poll...
    Samurai Usagi was cancelled on (2008 Issue #33) chapter 67 and had a final chapter published in 'Akamaru Jump.'

  6. #1491
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    417
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeromcd View Post
    Samurai Usagi was cancelled on (2008 Issue #33) chapter 67 and had a final chapter published in 'Akamaru Jump.'
    Never mind then.

  7. #1492
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member WilliamK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    All of the examples used had 7-8 volumes prior to such, on the other hand, Enigma is having it with its 5th volume being released. I think people are thinking too quickly to say its going to get canceled, yet at the same time, they're people (like me) who are thinking that it won't get canceled for other reasons. We'll just have to wait and see...

  8. #1493
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamK View Post
    All of the examples used had 7-8 volumes prior to such, on the other hand, Enigma is having it with its 5th volume being released. I think people are thinking too quickly to say its going to get canceled, yet at the same time, they're people (like me) who are thinking that it won't get canceled for other reasons. We'll just have to wait and see...
    Even though Samurai Usagi had 8 volumes it was cancelled as a series in Jump around the same week as it's 6th volume was published. Their was a longer wait time for the lasts volumes due to it's final chapter being published in Akamaru Jump.

    P2! even though having 7 Volumes was cancelled in Jump a week before volume 5 was released. I think P2! also had it's final chapter in Akamaru Jump but i'm not 100% sure.


    With Enigma, i personally believe it will be cancelled, but it will have its final chapter published in Akamaru Jump/NEXT!

  9. #1494
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Kurofaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Age
    21
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    I think nonetheless, between a few weeks a few months, the likelihood of Enigma (and Magico) both getting cancelled is very high, whether you compare the sales to each series, both of them hardly sold well enough to hold themselves for a long amount of time. I personally would see Enigma cancelled first, I dropped it around chapter 30 and have no regrets, it got repetitive and stale and not very enjoyable at all. I do read Magico every week but as of late it has been very mediocre, so I will expect it to go soon but will enjoy it whilst it lasts.
    It was fabulous max.

  10. #1495
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    I don't think Enigma and Magico would cancel at same time. I don't think no one has remembered that there is no series that have replaced Golden Future Cup's place. Therefore, I think it is most likely that either one of those two will be axed on this round and it'll replace by two new series. Unless if there going to be three new series; then, it will be whole different scenario.

  11. #1496
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    I don't think Enigma and Magico would cancel at same time. I don't think no one has remembered that there is no series that have replaced Golden Future Cup's place. Therefore, I think it is most likely that either one of those two will be axed on this round and it'll replace by two new series. Unless if there going to be three new series; then, it will be whole different scenario.
    this would mean that there are 3 unranked series with the new one released recently. if you add the fact that the there is currently 1 series to few, because of the golden future cup and in regard of how long hxh will run this time, could they add up to 5 new possible series. i think that enigma will run a little longer and after they published all these new possibilitys they will probably axe it, because it won't gain much more new fans at this pace. i'm also quite bored with it lately.

    maybe they wait till the one shots are ready for serialization like hungry joker or the other one which i forget the name.

    are there any new infos about Toshiaki Iwashiro?

  12. #1497
    Negative Syndicate
    Guest

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    this would mean that there are 3 unranked series with the new one released recently. if you add the fact that the there is currently 1 series to few, because of the golden future cup and in regard of how long hxh will run this time, could they add up to 5 new possible series. i think that enigma will run a little longer and after they published all these new possibilitys they will probably axe it, because it won't gain much more new fans at this pace. i'm also quite bored with it lately.

    maybe they wait till the one shots are ready for serialization like hungry joker or the other one which i forget the name.

    are there any new infos about Toshiaki Iwashiro?
    I don't think the editors going to put new series right away, I think cancellation going to start as soon as Kurogane begins to get ranked. Furthermore, Jump mostly put two new series; I don't think they going to put five new series.

    The one shot takes minimum of 6 months to be serialized, therefore one shots from Golden Future Cup not going to be serialized until next year.

    Iwashiro has released new one shot on May in Jump Next.

  13. #1498
    Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Holy Grail
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    17,581
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Syndicate View Post
    Iwashiro has released new one shot on May in Jump Next.
    I will really go all happy if he or Komi Naoshi get a new series, would definitely be awesome.

  14. #1499
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Zeromcd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    824
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    From Sasaki's Twitter.

    Jump Issue #42 Cover




    Hunter x Hunter hasn't had Lead CP/Cover since 2005, and immediately after it did was when the series started going on the huge amount of breaks.

    I'm hoping that this and the new Anime is a sign that Togashi is atleast going to serialize more reguarly. But then I remember Dragon Quest X is coming out. *cries*
    Last edited by Zeromcd; September 20, 2011 at 05:22 AM.

  15. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 4 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #1500
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Galactic Tomahawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    695
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

    Quote Quote:
    I'm hoping that this and the new Anime is a sign that Togashi is atleast going to serialize more reguarly. But then I remember Dragon Quest X is coming out. *cries*
    May as well file the missing person report now.

Thread Closed
Page 100 of 134 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts