Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rejuvenation's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Weekly Shonen Jump [2011] - Discussion and TOC Talk - Part 1

Toriko #1 again? Why thank you Japan. Medaka just one spot away from the top 5 for the first time in a long time? Thank you VERY much Japan.

With Sket getting the cover and lead color and Bakuman in the top 5 I love this week.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Was the Sket Dance cover posted already?
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgaroth View Post
    i just reading hxh and i must say, its sometimes really good but especially te art is the worst i ever saw in my life. i mean they seems most of the time to me like they were done for a name.

dont know if this is allowed... all of the chapter seems crappy. they even 15 pages long, not the usual 18-21
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...18/c187/4.html

for the story. same parts seems exactly like dbz to me. the king thing is like cell. but also that naruto did copy alot. the genin exam was exactly like in hxh. change gaara for hisoka and there you've got hxh!
    I just started recently as well(I'm at chapter 131) and i'm actually impressed with it.The art,while not perfect,totally fits the style of the manga and has its highlights.And keep in mind,Togashi does not work with assistants,he does everything by himself,which explains the rather low amount of pages.

As for the story,it is brilliant.The plot and the actions are very intelligent,moreso than DBZ,which was rather plain.
    I also noticed that Kishimoto was inspired by HxH,but both manga-ka seem to be friends.They had an interview together in the Naruto fanbook and there were even some Naruto easter eggs hidden in HxH(a grafitti on the wall saying 'Naruto').

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Googlez_kun View Post
    As for the story,it is brilliant.The plot and the actions are very intelligent,moreso than DBZ,which was rather plain.
    I also noticed that Kishimoto was inspired by HxH,but both manga-ka seem to be friends.They had an interview together in the Naruto fanbook and there were even some Naruto easter eggs hidden in HxH(a grafitti on the wall saying 'Naruto').
    its not about inspired or friends, its more like kishi did the very same in naruto. the rules in hxh for the plates with numbers and the quest to archieve it are exactly the same, even gaaras behaviour is like hisokas.

the same i can say for the art style of the king, who you will meet later in the story is the same as the one for cell.

did you look into the chapter i wrote down? the art style at the beginning is surely great, but it gets worser with every chapter. when he don't keep it within the deadline, why not hire assistants? he can't think thats sooooo import to draw speedline or to tone it. when you look at the chapter i wrote down you can't say that even he thinks so highly of it, otherwise you wouldn't publish such crap artisticwise.

i don't think that the deadline is so short and impossible as people say it. the mangaka of fairy tale did published 2 chapters a week sometimes with full 18 pages. the mangaka of kimi maru no ichi does besides her weekly full paged manga 2 bi monthly mangas with each 20-40 pages. so thats means 20 pages for the weekly manga and aproximately 10 pages for one of the bimonthly manga every week, to keep the shedule. its true that she does it not as detailed as eiichi, but as good as others like kishi and so on.
    Last edited by Asgaroth; June 08, 2011 at 03:53 PM. Reason: added info

The True Ninja MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted jorped's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

i just reading hxh and i must say, its sometimes really good but especially te art is the worst i ever saw in my life. i mean they seems most of the time to me like they were done for a name.

dont know if this is allowed... all of the chapter seems crappy. they even 15 pages long, not the usual 18-21
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/hunter...18/c187/4.html

for the story. same parts seems exactly like dbz to me. the king thing is like cell. but also that naruto did copy alot. the genin exam was exactly like in hxh. change gaara for hisoka and there you've got hxh!
    I had the idea of reading HxH someday but seeing that link made me rethink about this

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jaymie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

If you want to read HxH, you should definitely shell out the money for the actual volumes. Togashi cleans up the art and it looks amazing after he's done. The magazine artwork can be bearable or absolute garbage depending on how much Dragon Quest Togashi had been playing while drawing.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jorped View Post
    I had the idea of reading HxH someday but seeing that link made me rethink about this
    as i said, it gets worser the longer you read. but its not every chapter that is so. of 300 chapters there a 30 which are this way but 25 of them came across the 230 chapter mark. just assumptions but something along this line could be right.

the story so far is great, because i really like this shounen/seinen style with true mature content. in this manga people really die and thats a lot, even kidz and children. at the end of the manga there a lot of black pages because of the violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    If you want to read HxH, you should definitely shell out the money for the actual volumes. Togashi cleans up the art and it looks amazing after he's done. The magazine artwork can be bearable or absolute garbage depending on how much Dragon Quest Togashi had been playing while drawing.
    where does he takes the time to redraw the chapters, when he even doesn't have the time to do the weekly chapter correctly?

9. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member kewl0210's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All the volumes of HXH have those name-like chapters redone. Or like, drawn-over. Also all the ones that were like that got scanlated a while ago. It's just that some shitty distro sites stick up the first versions done and don't base them on which version is the highest quality.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner NANAhashi's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, But I think to excuse Kishi copied and ripped off the whole idea between Chuunin exam and Hunter test is make no sense. That is selective reading at its finest.

Yes, there is a tests, but how did they direct them out is so much different. And the whole conclusion was different as well.

And Gaara as Hisoka? Did you really pay attention with the characters of those two? Not mention of the attitude of those two, even their roles and impact with the main characters is also not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
    Totally agree. HxH is really worthy for your money.
    Some of HxH redone art in tankoubon version is really unique and nice. I saw alot of people complaint with white BG and then just STFO after they saw re-drew ver. xD
    edit; like greed island bg in Jump Ver. At first, it looked the game was infected with some worm, but then, it's nice and clean in volumn 15. ; )
    Last edited by NANAhashi; June 08, 2011 at 06:31 PM.

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Salce's Avatar
    Country
    Argentina
    Post Thanks / Like

where does he takes the time to redraw the chapters, when he even doesn't have the time to do the weekly chapter correctly?
    He redraws the chapters quietly in the looong Hiatus.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww, Mago is down again after ranking above the bottom 5 for a few weeks. I was hoping it would stay afloat since I assumed people would like the current arc. :/

It's no longer surprising that Toriko is capable of taking the top spot. As a whole, this week is similar to all the other weeks in terms of which series are ranked in the top half.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SSJWill4's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

That's why you read the volume scans instead of the weekly scans (he re-did all of the scetchy chapters).

Dragon Ball was always 15 pages. It's not so uncommen (plus the recent chapters are all 19 pages again).

It's unclear if you're saying HxH ripped off Naruto or visa versa, but HxH defanately did it first....

I'm actually in the process of re-reading HxH myself (on chapter 291 now), and I really hope it returns in August. I'm guessing it'll come back for 20 chapters this time as well due to the long break (last break was a year before he pumped out 20).

Good ToC too. Great to see Toriko rank #1 3 weeks in a row. Wierd seeing Medaka so high too...and those new 2011 series keep shuffling in the bottom 5. :P

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

First of all: The comparison between Gaara and Hisoka is terrible. They're not a like at all, in my opinion.
    Second of all: Yes, the exams are pretty much the same (but the HxH exam is ten times more interesting).

The art was crappy for some chapters, but that isn't just because of laziness and game-addiction, it's also because he was terrible sick at a time. I recall that he said sorry for the bad quality in a chapter, and that it should be better again soon.

The plot of Hunter x Hunter is so awesome alone, that it could be one of the best manga out there, even though it was drawn with stickmen!
    [IMG]http://bit.ly/wvfDFh[/IMG]
    [url="http://bit.ly/qint1K"][IMG]http://bit.ly/zcJSPa[/IMG][/url][url="http://twitter.com/#!/ZayCon92"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Twitter.jpg[/IMG][/url][url="http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ZayCon&show=0&order=4"][IMG]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b118/ZayCon/Anime.jpg[/IMG][/url]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Oberon's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:

Credits: JJT
    Seems that the cover was for Bleach...

18. Thanks 11 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member raDar's Avatar
    Country
    Sunspear
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn, here I thought Sket Dance will also get the cover. Pfffft

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Asclepius's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, Tsukishima is on the cover to represent Bleach with Ichigo.
    That's the cute bishonen vilain that i was talking about weeks ago. He looks very charming in this cover.
    I wonder if Aizen was in any cover before... Does anyone remember?

Discuss the yaoi side of Shingeki no Kyojin and Kuroko no Basket at the Boys Love section.

Thread Closed
Page 11 of 134 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 111 ... LastLast